Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Just spent a week at a lake getting all toasty and refreshed. Spent one day renting one of those obnoxious Wave Runners you see idoits driving back and forth across the lake like a maniac and, well, spent a day driving like a maniac. Kinda fun, actually, you can really vent some anger out there on the lake smashing through waves! As much as I kinda looked down on some of the folks driving those around, the truth is....... I WANT one!!!!!

What fun!

Ah well, back to being a mild mannered tarp slinger.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    That's fine as long as you promise to incessantly ride it up and down outside YOUR HOUSE.

I have to put up with damn tourists whining around on those damn things all daylight hours.

Plus they're invariable beginners, so they're an added danger to snorkelers, and usually ride them way too fast, way too close to shore.

Grrrr.

ABW Ambassador
    Enjoy yours in Indiana. I'd tell you where our lake is but you would only kill yourself. We're blessed to have a cabin on a lake 7 miles long & a mile across at the widest but only about 8 to 12 feet deep and tree stumps that top off at or just below the surface. Man-made lake over 100 years old with standing timber underwater. After nearly 30 years of low-speed, small horsepower boating on it, I can pretty much go an entire year without bumping one but for a yahoo touron on a jet ski, it could spell certain death.

Yep, death. Those trees are natures way of telling us to slow down.

Wayne

I am lucky they banned those dang things in the water by me. They claimed they disturbed the wildlife glad I live near a federal/national park. If you want to buy one find out where they have been banned you can make a nice pickup on a used one
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    They sure lack subtlety, that's for sure. Nope, I won't buy one - I can see me catapulting myself into a tree, with enough practise, lol - but it was fun to try once.

Jeeese, I'm up and at it at 8:00 am on a Sunday, got too much sleep this last week.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread