Affiliate Manager
    Which affiliate network?
    Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and I am excited to find this wealth of information. I am responsible for marketing of the site squadhelp.com which targets small businesses to run contests for their branding and marketing needs. For example, startups can run contests for naming their company and receive 300+ domain name suggestions from an online community. The best idea wins anywhere from $50 to $400 depending upon the prize amount.

So far, we have grown organically and focused primarily on SEO. We have received great response but are now looking to scale up the marketing effort and sign up for an affiliate program. There are so many options such as CJ, ShareASale etc. and I am hoping you can provide any recommendation on a good affiliate program that would be suitable for our site. I would appreciate if you can point me in the right direction and thank you in advance for your help!

Rachel
    Squadhelp.com
    Last edited by MichaelColey; June 25th, 2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Unlinked

See my article, "Affiliate Technology & Network Choice."

I assume that your intent would be to pay affiliates for each client they refer who pays you to launch a 'contest' (not for recruiting participants or publicizing the contests). I think you'll find a lot of skepticism among publishers (affiliates) for this model, and I don't think I'd participate.

Affiliate Manager
    Mark,

Thank you so much for your response. I already read your article while browsing this forum and it was very informative. You are correct - the model would be to pay commission to affiliates for every contest that is posted to the site. Could you give some specific reasons why there would be skepticism among publishers for this model? I am not challenging you (you clearly have alot of experience in this space!). I just want to understand what would be some of concerns so we can figure out if there are ways to mitigate them.

thanks again
    Rachel

Hi Rachael. Welcome to ABestWeb.

As far as recommending a network - I'm all for ShareASale. I have had nothing but good experiences with them as both an affiliate and as a merchant. Here are some Polls that may shed some light on choosing: 2009, 2008, and 2007.

BTW, it's good to have you here at ABW - because we love running contests in our GirlyChecks forum.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Ms. Shaw: I really don't know where to begin, but I usually start with "credibility" so let's go there. Your company's web site doesn't establish much (any) credibility.

Your site doesn't identify any address or telephone number; I was only able to determine your location by searching for the governing law/forum choice clause in your "Terms of Service," which identify Illinois.

I was able to check your Corporate Status with the state of Illinois, which shows that your company is apparently an alias of LeapMatrix Inc., which is a corporation that is "NOT in good standing." They identify the company president as "Darpan Munjal" with an address in Algonquin, IL, which I won't re-list here since it appears to be a personal residence.
    Last edited by markwelch; June 25th, 2010 at 01:14 PM.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Answer:

Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

ShareASale or buy.at = FTW!
    Jill Swartwout, President
    Beaches and Towns Network, Inc

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread