emitations did not track
    Used Google Checkout. I have emailed the merchant and may not get a response until Monday. This is the third time I have ordered from a SAS merchant and paid via Google checkout and nothing tracked. The last two were at BigDiscountFragrances and after the second non-tracking problem I quit their program. Both those orders were canceled.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    This is the third time I have ordered from a SAS merchant and paid via Google checkout and nothing tracked.
    I think I've read somewhere here a couple of years ago that Google Checkout interfear with tracking. I don't remember the thread and couldn't find it.

They probably were not aware that it wasn't tracking. Setting up the tracking for Google Checkout is a little more complicated than installing the regular SAS tracking pixel. If other purchases are tracking, I bet they just assumed Google Checkout would work too.

But...

they should have tested it thoroughly before making it an active payment option.
    Last edited by dculpepper; June 26th, 2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: can't spell....
    [SIZE="2"][LEFT][B]David Culpepper, SubscriptionAgent.com[/B]
    [URL=http://www.subscriptionagent.com/aff/index.html]Affiliate Program Info[/URL] | E: [email=david@subscriptionagent.com]david@subscriptionagent.com[/email] | [URL=http://twitter.com/dculpepper]Twitter[/URL] | [URL=http://www.facebook.com/DavidCulpepper]Facebook[/URL]
    30% Commission & LIFETIME Cookie![/LEFT][/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager Jenni Emitations's Avatar
    Smile RE: emitations did not track
    Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I am personally taking care of this issue.

I received this problematic email on Friday Evening, responded Monday morning, put in a ticket then and Tuesday, followed up with SAS with a phone call. I just talked with them this morning they are on top of it! I should be receiving an email today with the outcome.

When implementing the code, we followed directions with support on the phone exactly. You are right, I did assume that it would work on all checkouts, I honestly never thought of it. SAS told me that this was an issue years back, but should be fixed, obviously it's not. I am very confident they will figure out the problem ASAP!

Jenni has been in contact with me and today I received a response from SAS that they are working on it. I didn't repost here because I was waiting for a resolution. I received my merchandise today and am just waiting now not just for the commission but for some assurance that all payment methods in use by SAS merchants do track. I have noticed when merchants add new payment methods it is not unusual for conversions to change. That is my main concern and I'm confident that things will get straightened out.

I did eventually get my commission for this order, but still have not received any response from SAS regarding the tracking issues when multiple payment options are available. Since this purchase was at the end of June, I'm not holding my breath.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread