Free data feeds threads
    There used to be a thread where merchants used to post their free feeds. IIRC, it was 4-5 years old thread. The bookmarked link I have is this one http://www.abestweb.com/forums//showthread.php?p=741654 but this gives an error that I dont have permission to view the thread. Did that thread get deleted/moved? Searching isn't helping.

Depending on the network they are in you can get free datafeeds from thousands of merchants through the networks.

except for ls where they ask for $250. I only need the feed for STP which I remember was posted in that thread.

It was extremely outdated and not as necessary as it was in 2003 when it was started. Most network feeds are free now, there are a number of third party tools, and few merchants have non-network feeds anymore.

If people see a need, we can resurrect the thread or start a new one, but I'm not sure I see the need.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHunter View Post
    except for ls where they ask for $250. I only need the feed for STP which I remember was posted in that thread.
    The STP post was from their AM from 6 years ago (who isn't there anymore) offering to pay LinkShare's $250 datafeed signup fee. The links in the post don't work. Looking on their affiliate portal, though, here's what you're looking for:

http://www.sierratradingpostaffiliat...post-datafeeds
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael.

I feel the thread is still useful to newbies. It provided info on how to contact Amazon for the data feeds (not API access), something I've never seen other places. And of course it has info on Sierra Trading Co, Buy.com and Overstock.com's free datafeeds.

thats interesting - how do you get access to amazon datafeed?

http and a telephoto
    A lot of that info is outdated. I would not recommend resurrecting it.

If you are an affiliate for a merchant on a network that charges for feeds and you want a free feed, email the AM and ask if there is one available.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by iolaire View Post
    I feel the thread is still useful to newbies. It provided info on how to contact Amazon for the data feeds (not API access), something I've never seen other places. And of course it has info on Sierra Trading Co, Buy.com and Overstock.com's free datafeeds.
    You're right. There's still a lot of useful information in it even though much of it is outdated.

I've restored it:

FREE Merchant Datafeeds
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread