total noob keyword research question
    Hi
    I have zero exp in aff marketing, ive done sales for ten years, thats it, im not sure if this is the right place for noob questions but il try anyway,

what would you say is the minimum searches a month for a keyword in order for
    it to be worth it to start working on

thanks
    ocd

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    100 and you are quite certain you can be on the first page and towards the top. Probably #1.

If you might be further down the page maybe 200 or 300. And make sure to work on longtail words some.

Quote Originally Posted by andbeyond View Post
    100 and you are quite certain you can be on the first page and towards the top. Probably #1.

If you might be further down the page maybe 200 or 300. And make sure to work on longtail words some.
    I would add it depends on your audience and products... Without giving too much away, can you say what genre you're looking to work in? (i.e B2B services, cameras, shoes, etc)
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

My approach is to start with long tail keywords while building for more frequently searched keywords.

Searches per month don't matter that much. What's more important is the searcher's intention and if you can convert them into sales.

Even 100 searches per month can be valuable, at least for exercise. I will not be surprised if you get a few sales with targeted traffic from just one of those keywords.

hhmm...thaks guys

To be honest i have no idea, as i have said ive been in sales for ten years,
    i am looking for a product now while trying to understand how to build a website customized to seo standards . maybe in a field that interest me like
    bodybuilding, quantum physics , weed , im not sure - i sold medication online for a year but i think this area is whey to competitive for me at the moment..

Quote Originally Posted by ocd View Post

To be honest i have no idea, as i have said ive been in sales for ten years,
    i am looking for a product now while trying to understand how to build a website customized to seo standards . maybe in a field that interest me like
    bodybuilding, quantum physics , weed , im not sure - i sold medication online for a year but i think this area is whey to competitive for me at the moment..
    I'm sorry but that is the strangest set of interests I have ever seen.

Bodybuilding + drugs makes me think you're one of the 50% sub 100 IQ people in the world, and then you alaberate on Quantum Physics.. what?
    Last edited by Kirkland; July 15th, 2010 at 11:32 AM.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread