High End Goods
    Hi everyone. I'm working to grow the affiliate program at Saddleback Leather Co. We specialize in high end leather products. Due to the nature of our business we have a low percentage commission rate, 4%, (but generally high dollars per transaction). Looking around the forum it seems that most advertisers offer huge % commission rates, mostly on digital products.

Is recruiting affiliates on forums like these a viable strategy or should I stick to the targeting of niche websites that seem to appeal to my customer demographics.

Any advice is appreciated as I'm still learning the ropes!

Thanks!

Is recruiting affiliates on forums like these a viable strategy or should I stick to the targeting of niche websites that seem to appeal to my customer demographics.
    Both.

The commission rate certainly is pretty low for that kind of product line, though.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Agree with davidh. There are many established leather goods merchants out there offering higher commissions. If you are seriously considering growing affiliate program, you might want to do some research on your competitors and give affiliates a reason(reasons) to promote your products.

Affiliates tend to look at how your commissions compare within your industry. Sure, you can find 50-75% commissions on some digital products, but if I have a web site focused on high end leather goods, I'm going to do much better linking to leather good merchants than I would linking to digital product merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread