Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    College World Series
    In the final game at historic Rosenblatt Stadium, the Bruins went down to defeat to college baseball's 2010 champs, the South Carolina Gamecocks.

SC won game one decisively, but tonight UCLA had a 1-0 lead till SC tied it in the 8th, and won 2-1 in 11.

The CWS should be at least three-of-five (if not four-of-seven), not two-of-three.

Congrats, South Carolina.

[I will never get used to the clink of ball on metal bat]
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I never watch baseball (pros) and hate the clink of a metal bat but did watch the last few innings and what a great game. I didn't have a dog in the hunt so I was glad to see SC win its first national championship in a mens sport.

What amazed me was how old some of the players looked. There were a few of them that looked more like 25-30 rather than college kids.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Wow, that was South Carolina's first national championship in any men's sport?
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McWilliams View Post
    Yup. They apparently have won one in a women's sport but this was the first ever for the men.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    That is really surprising. You figure they would have gotten one in rowing or some obscure sport along the way. Shoot, i think they have fencing National Championships in College. That is quite a stat for a successful, well known, SEC powerhouse.

They showed the UCLA trophy case during the first game. WOW. That's a lot of hardware. Over 100 National Titles.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

South Carolina? SEC powerhouse?

While I am surprised it is their first ever (they have had a prominent golf program and baseball program for a long time), I would not call them a powerhouse.

They are a step above Vanderbilt and the Mississippi schools overall in the SEC.

No offense to the Gamecock fans and congratulations on the win! Enjoy it.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent E. View Post
    They showed the UCLA trophy case during the first game. WOW. That's a lot of hardware. Over 100 National Titles.
    Most overall titles of any NCAA school!!!!!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

South Carolina? SEC powerhouse?

While I am surprised it is their first ever (they have had a prominent golf program and baseball program for a long time), I would not call them a powerhouse.

They are a step above Vanderbilt and the Mississippi schools overall in the SEC.
    I see every team in the SEC as a Powerhouse. Any college that can court Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier to coach their football teams gets the powerhouse nod from me.
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Most overall titles of any NCAA school!!!!!
    haha, I saw that coming. Stanford and USC aren't far behind.
    Brent Elias

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E. View Post
    I see every team in the SEC as a Powerhouse.
    Touche. SEC rocks.

But can we all just agree that Vanderbilt is...well...full of really smart people and great at women's golf?
    Matt McWilliams

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I had to pull for South Carolina since they are SEC and UCLA helped put LSU out during the regionals. At the beginning I was pulling for TCU just because it was their first trip to the CWS.

But man, that game dragged for me. I'm used to LSU slugfests with the bats flyiing. A 3 run game seemed to drag on forever!

@Matt LOL on Vanderbilt. But we like playing them.

But can we all just agree that Vanderbilt is...well...full of really smart people and great at women's golf?
    I will go ahead and agree with you there. Vandy is the home of that Fraud Jay Cutler. The Bears have to be kicking themselves for making that trade.
    Brent Elias

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B View Post

But man, that game dragged for me. I'm used to LSU slugfests with the bats flyiing. A 3 run game seemed to drag on forever!
    I forgot LSU won it all last year. There is that SEC dominance again. I love that conference.
    Brent Elias

If the College World Series is anything like Super Regionals at Ole Miss, you better show up 3 hours early for a good seat. Actually, if there's a resemblance you better show up earlier than that. That's just when the gates open. The lines start well before that.

I don't know if it's like that though. I would show up at least a couple of hours early at least for the first game just to be on the safe side.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread