Google Analytics stopped tracking one of my sites
    It looks like Google Analytics has stopped tracking one of my web sites. Is there a way to get it working properly again? TIA!

Affiliate Manager
    Have you contacted them already?

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Did the same to my main site about a month ago....

Just getting ZEROS....

Need to talk to Kevin about this...

Wonder why it happened?????

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

First thing to do is go to your Analytics login page, Analytics Settings, Edit, and then click Check Status towards the top right. That forces Google to look for the code on your website.

Short of that, just View Source on one of your pages and make sure the code is in place.

In Wordpress, if you are using an Analytics plug in, make sure your unique identifier didn't fall off if you upgraded the plugin, etc.

Or, in Wordpress, if you changed themes and you had your tracking code hard coded into the old one, there's your problem right there

Let me know what you find out.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Thank you! Will move the Google Analytics code
    Thanks to all 3 of you for replying and especially to Kevin. Shows status OK and to be tracking fine. However, I notice they now say to put the code in the HEAD section. At this time, it is just before the BODY section ends. I will move it. Also, I will check on the other web sites. It had been working well for nearly 3 years. Your help is much appreciated!

Just to be sure Lanny, you clicked the Check Status link? Usually, if GA has EVER received data, they won't report that they are not unless you force it to check.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Kevin: Yes, I clicked "Check Status"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Just to be sure Lanny, you clicked the Check Status link? Usually, if GA has EVER received data, they won't report that they are not unless you force it to check.
    Kevin: Yes, I did click on that. Thank you for making sure I've done it correctly.

My guess is that Google has changed the location of where they want their code. I have added a new project to my list of projects, which is to verify on all of my web pages, that their code for Google Analytics is where they now say they want it. Thanks again! Lanny

Hmmmm. All mine are still tracking correctly just above the close </body> tag.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria B View Post
    Have you contacted them already?
    Haha good one. This is Google we're talking about!
    Your Ad Here.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    There is a new code that can load independantly and at the same time as the webpage loads.

But you should not be forced to go to it and this should not be the problem.

It is an option. It might show slightly more accurate stats as if someone clicks on a page and very quickly clicks the next page or back they wont be counted in the old /body way if the site is loading a big image or flash file.

I am curious as to why this is happening.

You probably did not add any filters to your Analytics profile did you? Most people dont, but a poorly written filter might show no data.

Are you trying to block any ips from getting counted and possibly you defined it improperly?

You probably did not add any filters to your Analytics profile did you? Most people dont, but a poorly written filter might show no data.

Are you trying to block any ips from getting counted and possibly you defined it improperly?
    Two good thoughts as well.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

No filters or IP blocks
    There are no Filters or IP blocks involved. I noticed in Google's Webmaster Tools this morning, that the number of Links is way up again. And then I checked and found that the PR3 is back. It had gone from PR3 to PR0 recently, probably because for some reason Google didn't find most of the links.

I saw some Organic traffic coming in yesterday, but in Google's Analytics this morning, they don't have it tracked, so I believe (and hope) that after I move the Google Analytics code to where it now says they want it, the Google Analytics tracking will improve. There is a possibility that recently when I updated the web pages, I accidentally damaged the Google Analytics code. Thanks again, to everyone in this thread, for the ideas and help!

Lightbulb Put Analytics code into HEAD section, added Default page
    Probably I have now solved this little problem. This involved my smallest web site (2 web pages I want Google to Index, plus a Custom 404 Error page). This is the site that actually makes some $. There is an English language page, which gets 90+ % of the traffic and a Spanish language page. I noticed in the Keywords Google's Analytics showed, they were all Spanish language phrases.

The only thing I can think of is that one day, working with the HTML, I deleted part of the HTML for the Script for Google's Analytics, on the English language web page, by accident and it stopped tracking on that page.

I noticed that I did not have a Default page for any of my 4 web sites, so I added that to the information Analytics has.

I got the Script for Google's Analytics for this web site and put it at the bottom of the HEAD section where they now want it, and removed it from the bottom of the BODY section.

Thank you, again, to everyone who helped with this!

Its once happens with me , but that was my developer mistake , he use closing tag at wrong place that cause this. Check your site code.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread