Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    Sound off, criticize, animadvert, express complaints, discontent, displeasure, unhappiness - find fault with; express criticism of; point out real or perceived flaws, etcetera, etceteras.
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

This is going to be my preferred complain department thread, instead of on someone else thread, that way I wouldn't be off topic when the need arise.

Absolutely yes, you may post your own complaint's here too, even to complain about why you don't like this topic or any of my previously or future posts or any other members posts.

This will be a true democratic (Characterized by or advocating or based upon the principles of democracy or social equality) topic thread, I will not post any offending, derogatory nor insulting words here, but I will not be offended either if someone here decide to do so on this thread. Only Haiko can decide what to do if someone crossed the line on a post.

YES, I know what you might be thinking and you might be right too, but I was bored and decided to create a general complain department to post all my rants for 2004 as they became available instead of making a particular new topic, just to post one complain.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    (passage) --- Three days after we're born, we're all cute and beautiful, three days after we die we're all dead and stinking, it's what we do on the time in between those days, what really counts and as others see us. ~~~ Sal.
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next........

I am done for now.

Sal.

[Added the t in complaint]

"In all labor there is profit, But idle chatter leads only to poverty" 14:23

ABW Ambassador
    I hate slow drivers, especially the ones that find their way in front of me on a 1 lane highway, when the other lane is clear i blow by. I hate people driving under the speed limit in the left lane, it's the passing lane, move your on over. We should change the word limit on all the speed limit signs to minimum.

I hate when they put cheese on my burger when i ask for it plain with just ketchup and mustard only, i hate that

And i hate this thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    And i hate this thread. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the name of this thread, Complain Department.

So complain all you want, its free.

Great Thread, thanks Mr. Sal

Now my complain...

I hate being too sexy
    I hate being rich
    I hate having too many diamonds and not enough shoes!

I hate not knowing what is gonna happen tomorrow, so I just enjoy today!

Okay back to work!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    What Nova said, i hate being too sexy too, it's burdensome.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I hate being too sexy
    I hate being rich
    I hate having too many diamonds and not enough shoes! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate TrustNo1 being too sexy too.

It should be "Complaint Department" not "Complain Department".

Andy

"Build it, fill it with stuff, announce it and they will come. Make it fun and pleasant and they will return. All the better."

"Don't complain. Examine the problem. Find the problem's answer. Then fix it. And if you can't, find someone who can."

Remember have fun and smell the roses.

Words of the Jedi Student....
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Mr. Sal I love the passage.

Three days after we're born, we're all cute and beautiful, three days after we die we're all dead and stinking, it's what we do on the time in between those days, what really counts and as others see us.

It is so true. Most people don't know to or forget to make their life reflect something positive to their fellows.

Every great capitalist during the 20th Century has connected that people are the source of their riches. If you take care of other people's needs and problems, they will take care of your needs and problems too. They will hold you up with favor.

And if you do the reverse, then they will tear you down with equal fevor.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well I hate dirty water bowls -people who close my cage door -Hawks/Eagles and commission Buzzards -stupid kids who try to grab me by the neck -I hate Friday night dance nights -wind chimes while napping on the porch -pigeons -lawn mowers -grunge music and that damn lazy cat! Also Wet smelly Paint!

Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Don't hate me because i'm sexy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I hate being too sexy
    I hate being rich
    I hate having too many diamonds and not enough shoes! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I hate not being Nova

and high gas prices, and people who copy my sites, and fruit flies, and pms, and I hate complainers

@ Trusty

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and pms <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know you've been on ABW too long when you read that as the plural of PM (Private Messages)!

I hate Linkshare, deadbeats, too much complaining, holier-than-thou outrage, the lack of grocery delivery, the fact that there doesn't seem to be a decent yard or brush-removal guy within a 100 mile radius, algo changes, site copiers, commissions under 10%, and AMs who take the "manager" part too seriously.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Some personal gripes ...

Pro sports franchises that pull up and leave town; the fact that my favorite group dissolved at the end of last year; my piece-of- VW New Beetle; my inability to play golf better at a consistent level; political races between "lesser-of-two-evils" candidates (*cough* Bush-Kerry *cough*); days with humidity over 80%; doing odd jobs around the house (shelves, electrical, etc.); the lack of a really good Spanish restaurant in the area; TV commercials that make it necessary to keep my 6-year-old away from otherwise OK shows; the New York Yankees (on principle); the Pennsylvania Turnpike (ditto); trying to find a decent pair of braces that don't cost an arm and/or leg; fat-free food (blech!); overcooked meat; lukewarm coffee; kids in my classes that show up at the end of the semester and wonder if they're going to pass; folks who contact me about consulting and then appear shocked when they find out that it will actually cost them money.

Threads like this that I enjoy reading but are completely unproductive use of my time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

To: Haiko and Andy.

Ok, it's time for my first complain.

Andy says - "It should be "Complaint Department" not "Complain Department"."

According to my WordWeb 3.01 thesaurus and dictionary for Windows, it says the following:

Complain
    1.Express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness.

Complaint
    1.An often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining.

So who is right in this department?

Department
    1.A specialized division of a large organization.

At least I now that their definition of parasite is right on target.

Parasite
    1.An animal or plant that lives in or on a host (another animal or plant); the parasite obtains nourishment from the host without benefiting or killing the host.
    ----------

Check out WordWeb 3.01 The free thesaurus and dictionary for Windows. Millions of people from all over the world use this top-rated software.

wordweb.info

Sal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ok, it's time for my first complain. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Sal,

it should be "Ok, it's time for my first complaint."

HD

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=complaint

27 entries found for complaint.
    Entry: complaint
    Function: noun
    Definition: grumbling
    Synonyms: accusation, annoyance, beef, *****, cavil, CC, charge, clamor, criticism, disagreement, dissatisfaction, expostulation, fault-finding, grievance, gripe, grouse, grumble, guff, jeremiad, kick, lament, moan, objection, plaint, protest, protestation, rap, remonstrance, remonstration, representation, reproach, rumble, squawk, stink, trouble, wail, whine
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=complain

31 entries found for complain.
    Entry: complain
    Function: verb
    Definition: grumble
    Synonyms: accuse, ascribe, attack, beef, bellyache, bemoan, bewail, *****, carp, cavil, charge, contravene, criticize, defy, demur, denounce, deplore, deprecate, differ, disagree, disapprove, dissent, expostulate, find fault, fret, fuss, gainsay, grieve, gripe, groan, grouse, growl, grumble, impute, indict, lament, lay, look askance, moan, nag, object, oppose, protest, refute, remonstrate, repine, reproach, snivel, sound off, wail, whimper, whine, yammer
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I didn't know that I was able to name the thread {Beef Department} since (beef) is included in both definitions.

Now that I learned more (synonyms), I quit.

Sal.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What's in this thread is complainTs.

Complain is a verb. Something you do...

While complainT is a noun. "the subject or object of a verb, the object of a preposition, or an appositive." according to Dictionary.com's definition.

So even though people are complaining here, the end result is a thread full of complainTs, and "Complaint Department" would be proper.

A "complain department" would be a group of people dedicated to doing complaining. If you want that, you should call it the Happypoon and Mike Department! Haha
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Leader,

Thanks for the explanation, my grammar is not perfect and I try my best to avoid mistakes, but sometimes the dictionary I'm using display the wrong meaning to what I think it should be displayed.

Sal.

OK.
    I hate...
    People who think I want to listen to one half of their loud, moronic mobile phone conversation for 40 minutes on a train... Television... Guys who think it's cool to cruise around town with their subwoofer shaking the foundations of every building in a ten-block radius... Motorbikes with loud exhausts... These new-fangled computer thingies...

I hate rude drivers.

You know the ones, they're driving the little foreign cars with the big, loud mufflers on them. They have clear bulbs for turn signals, which is most likely illegal in most states. Or they have blue or green bulbs. What's up with that? They have their stereo so loud you can hear it in your car even with the windows up. What an obnoxious invasion into my space. They couldn't hear a siren on an emergency vehicle so they can get out of the way if they tried.

They run red lights, because they're in a hurry and the laws don't apply to them. They speed, change lanes without using their signals, fail to yield to other traffic when their lane ends, don't signal when they turn, (How can they? They have one hand on the steering wheel, the other holding a CELL PHONE to their ear.)

It amazes me how many people will be sitting at the end of their street, waiting to turn, with a cell phone up to their ear. They just left the house, why didn't they make the call from home? They can drive and talk at the same time, right? WRONG! They usually don't have their turn signal on, because it's hard to steer, hold the phone, and flip the signal at the same time. I'd like to flip THEM a signal!

Some may say leave well enough alone, but these bozos cause accidents with this behavior, and that drives up insurance rates for the rest of us. So, what these idiots on the road are doing does impact me, and everyone else on the road, including drivers who practice safety and obey the traffic laws.

I often wonder why parents allow their kids to put those loud stereo systems and mufflers on their little plastic piece of cr@p cars. Do they not think their precious little punk is annoying others? Do they think their precious little punk is putting a priority on driving and obeying the laws, or blasting out the neighborhood and impressing his or her peers with the sheer power of a dinky little 4 cylinder engine, straining to get up to speed, and making a lot of noise doing it?

I also hate it when an SUV or pick up truck pulls up next to me and blocks my view. This prevents me from turning, because I can't see OVER or AROUND them. People who drive large vehicles need to be more considerate of others around them, because they are blocking others vision. But they are usually who act like they own the road, and have priority over everyone else.

People do things behind the wheel of a vehicle that they would never do face to face.

I REALLY, REALLY hate rude/obnoxious drivers!

Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast