2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's almost funny. The only network who was restrained by their payment structure, not kicking in til right at the Christmas mailing deadline, got checks out in time. Guess all the merchant/advertisers, except for three, at Linkshare and BeFree forgot about this small PR move. Linkshare failed Mondera and Overstock by not cutting their checks on time and the majority of merchants still haven't bothered to pay November commissions.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Yep, I did appreciate the check, thank you CJ, it paid for some last minute shopping.

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

Exactly! Keep up the good work cj!

ABW Ambassador
    My CJ check came today! A little late for Christmas Shopping but never the less it came. Still waiting for Oct. Overstock Check.
    Cazzie

At least you guys got a check from CJ. I for some reason did not make the threshhold but, the funny thing is, I was almost $90.00 over the minimum. For some reason my sales were not locked or something (still do not understand the reports stats). The only network whom has paid me is believe it or not, Peformics. In fact, even Spiegel paid on time. I am really starting to wonder about CJ lately. Slowly but surely I am starting to disassociate myself from the merchants over at CJ. I am tired of reversals and merchants who say they will not terminate their affiliation with certain spyware sites. I have had more reversals with CJ, more than the other networks combined.

Yes, got ours too, before christmas..
    Makes me forgetting about the problems with the datafeed, but watch out, the holiday season is almost over hehe.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

Just checking , anyone from other countries other than USA got their check?

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

ABW Ambassador
    are you kidding ?
    even i'am still not receive my october check [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by cazzie:
    My CJ check came today! A little late for Christmas Shopping but never the less it came. Still waiting for Oct. Overstock Check.
    Cazzie

I got my check today, too. Maybe it's a New York thing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Good posting Mike.Give credit where credit is due.
    I received my check up here in Canada.I still believe CJ is one of the best. I think it is up to affilates to weed out the merchants who use parasiteware at CJ.
    I have also noticed that those of us who are really trying to do something positive against parasiteware post our url's in our profile's.The rest keep their's unknown and for what reason I still don't understand.

Where Do You Want To Be Tomorrow?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm all for building up the trust in the big three networks. The AM's running the major branded ecommerce sites are going to get the ABW focus for continuing pure play advertising games with network's wearing the mule blinders. Clearly the CoC will just get a yawn out of some merchants who condone any theftware/adware BHO tricks for clicks as smart advertising.

They are too lazy to make their sites into sales closing pages for targeted normal affiliate traffic. So they rely upon traffic hijacking parasites to infect 100's of millions of systems to make up for their lack of online sales skills.

CJ negates the payment problems of LS & BF with an escrow account and zero minimums. Their shoddy merchant base then resorts to endorsing parasites -huge reversal rates -turning off cookies after first sale -800# and shopping cart on/off switches.

Those merchants who never pay on time like Dell rely upon the parasites and "incent" BHO Dupers. So for 2003 look for increases in 2 types of affiliate con-men operating within the networks. 1-reward sites for loyality shoppers 2-Charity/-bleeding heart liberal causes with BHO donation frontends.

All network ASP programming efforts in late 2001 and 2002 was done to automate these 2 groups. Look for charity aggregrators with BHO TopMoxie theftwarez to breed like rabbits, as the perps running those type sites do not have to transparently divy up the stolen commissions.

Only way to save the industry from the BHO greed mongers and pure play merchant advertisers is to ELIMINATE all "incent" network autoloads. That is the only bait the crooks can put on their hooks. Want to do your best to eliminate UCE spammers, while your cleaning house in 2003? Eliminate all major network lead programs forcing those Dupers and merchant posers to have to launch a indy program. These 2 steps will weed out the crooks and con-men from the pay-per-performance industry and make AM's have to address sales conversion ratios.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Congrats to CJ! I got my deposit real quick too, right in time to snag some sale items.

quote:
    Those merchants who never pay on time like Dell rely upon the parasites and "incent" BHO Dupers.

Hmm, adding that up:

Incent ripoff places promise rebates, etc. and get lots of orders
    +
    Dell and other deadbeats don't like to pay on time--and some places don't pay at all
    =
    Major trouble when it comes time to fork over any rebates, etc.!

Heh heh heh...It'd be funny, one kind of crook brought down by another type of leech we all know and loathe: The Deadbeat Merchant.

Grease cuts grease...

(Not that I want any deadbeats either. Best to throw 'em *all* out...)

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

Just to let you know , I got my check yesterday when I check the mailbox. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] my first check from cj . I am from singapore. It seem pretty fast for the check to reach here.

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread