The fact that they are blocking ads on my site is almost like blocking freedom of speech. The domain is my domain. I have the right to say what and endorse/sell what I like.

If they are blocking my links isn't that interfering with my freedom of speech. Not to mention my right to try to make a living? Legally !!!

Thanks,
    Doug
    Thanks,
    Doug

point welll taken!

However, until we affiliates organiize ourselves under the banner of an affiliate marketers trade ordanization... we will have no power!

If just 10% of the active affilliates were to organize into a trade group... we could make a difference...

CJ and LInkshare would listen....

the ADwores would take note....

because we would have political and legal power!

many of the problems we face dailey could be addressed by our legal team...

after all, 100 affiliates speaking in unision hoave a stronger voice then one affiliate!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

my2cents,

There was a new public TV commercial on tonight which made me think of ABW.

A lot of people were standing around this trashcan moaning and groaning about how a piece of trash was laying outside the trashcan.

A guy on rollerblades rides by picks up the trash and tosses it in the can!

ABW - Tons of talk and no real solutions yet!

I am hanging on the YET!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    If they are blocking my links isn't that interfering with my freedom of speech. Not to mention my right to try to make a living? Legally !!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    YES
    If just 10% of the active affilliates were to organize into a trade group... we could make a difference...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    EVEN if 20% of the active affiliates on (guess where) were to organize into a trade group, we could not make a big difference because, the rest of the affiliates would still be doing what they're doing now and we would be on the short end of the stick. ( Some network just don't care about us)
    ABW - Tons of talk and no real solutions yet!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ABW it's just a venue and at the end the only real solution is to unite, something that I don't think will ever happen. Why?, because MONEY talks and many people here are happy the way things are now, think about it............

Sal.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Look folks everyone of you can and should influence/educate your shoppers who's systems are the ultimate victims in the AdWhore game. They ...not an association... have the numbers and the power to demand change. Ask the telemarketers and the spammers awating their day in court.

We know a HOST file can block access to sites. Why not develop a anti-Parasite HOST file with a quick download install to whack the BHO perps in the balls. List in the known infestation drive-by and hidden bundling sites to slow down re-infections. Place links to legit removal tools. promote "Surf Safe without Adwhore baggage".
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Look folks everyone of you can and should influence/educate your shoppers who's systems are the ultimate victims in the AdWhore game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can this be done?? I would do it in a NY minute. I know there is a script out there that can detect the parasites. How could I set that up on my site?

Thanks,
    Doug
    Thanks,
    Doug

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread