ABW Ambassador
    I have asked this in cj.com thread but no answer on it so I post it here again:

Today I was checking my cookies and noticed that no cj.com nor merchant cookie was set through my netscape browser although all cookies were enabled. I tried with my Microsoft internet explorer and viola all cookies were set correctly. Made I a fault in my cookie management with netscape or doese this browser not store cookies?
    Also in the status bar the pid an the sid was not displayed. In Microsoft it was.
    Are we loosing money to visitors which have Netscape installed?

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    I doublechecked it and I found no cookies wether in the cookies folder or in the temp. internet folder.

carneol

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Good question for Mr Happypoon and Ms.B to check out with their cookie sniffing tools. Lot's of folks have Netscrape 7.1 installed. I just use Firefox and IE. You might check to see if CJ -LS and BF cookies are being blocked by a popup blocker tied into Netscape. I know SpywareBlaster3.1 checks those off as malicious cookies when you choose the specific browser block feature. I put in bold type for my shoppers to make sure they uncheck Commission Junction -Bfast and Linksynergy.

Too bad the networks choose to clickstream data mine with their cookies for peddling off info to the IAB/DMA memberships and for the SEO/SEM side marketing deals.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Ecom, I do not have popup blocker activated, have the lowest security level and do allow all cookies.

carneol

Netscape does not keep it's cookies in the same place as IE. Try checking the Cookie Manager: In Netscape: Tools> Cookie Manager> Manage Cookies>
    My CJ cookies are listed there.

Tami

ABW Ambassador
    The question is if the networks will find these cookies.

carneol

I use Mozilla (virtually the same as NS 7) and I can certainly say that tracking with CJ seems just fine as I've ordered products myself.

In Mozilla it's Edit.. Preferences.. Privacy & Security.. Cookies. Can't find exactly where they are located, but I guess it's:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default"
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >The question is if the networks will find
    >these cookies.

The networks don't interface directly with cookie files at a specific location on your hard drive.

The browser handles communication between cookies and the sits that set them.

No use looking for Netscape cookeis in IE's cookie storage location - it don't work that way.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread