Question Lane Bryant? Fashion Bug? Catherines?
    What gives? All vanished this morning from LinkShare with zero notice, no email alert. Just a LinkShare email that says 'Check your LinkShare merchant status update.' Nothing left behind but shops full of broken links and invalid landing URLs.

Anyone else notice there's nothing to click on in those merchant status emails to check that status..? If I follow the link to the merchantstatus report, there's no trace of the problematic merchants mentioned in the email.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    They all moved to Google Affiliate Network.

OMG. No notice, no nothing, and no recourse for those of us who can't go to GAN..?
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Cool Why can't you join GAN
    Hello,

Why can't you join Google Affiliate Network? I am the Ecommerce Manager at NARS Cosmetics

If you want to join just email message me and I could get you in. It would be great if you promote us too.

GAN Publishers must be in the Adsense program. I was turned down and appeals were denied last year.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Do you want to see what I could do I am a merchant on GAN?

I have you on Yahoo Instant Messenger, JamesD - perhaps we could chat there? I'm online right now - my YIM ID is Caseyfern
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Same here, no notice at all and I had them on my front page today. Had to spend extra time that I really didn't have to switch out all the links to GAN. I've been an affiliate with them for 4 years. Very surprising that they didn't send a notice since they've always been in contact on a regular basis over the years.

I can't believe they gave NO notice. What idiots. I just checked emails and I didn't find anything. Has anyone else?

Jill and Chris
    Charming Shoppes Affiliate Team
    (the brands Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant and Catherines)

I'll be avoiding this group like the plague.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts View Post
    They all moved to Google Affiliate Network.
    Then they're in good company with the Goon Netowk!

I did receive a notification email ... on June 30th and the move was effective July 1st. The email also had links to join the 3 programs at GAN. Luckily approval came through quickly.

But now I need their feeds at Popshops!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Quote Originally Posted by joyaz View Post
    I did receive a notification email ... on June 30th and the move was effective July 1st.
    Great. Less than a days notice. So now, people with plus size sites have to scramble around replacing everything IF they are caught up on their emails and happen to catch the one they sent.

I'm glad that is not my situation or I would be really irked. I can just delete them from my site and move on.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Cool Yim
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern View Post
    I have you on Yahoo Instant Messenger, JamesD - perhaps we could chat there? I'm online right now - my YIM ID is Caseyfern
    Hello don't have YIM at work. I am on the East so would like to chat soon.

Well my experience with GAN is not that great on the merchant end, and considering one time they allowed a publish with our domain in I do not see how they are that picky.

Nice! I didn't get an email and no GAN for me either! Now to find some other merchants to promote, I guess. Anyone have suggestions? (No GAN merchants, of course.)

ABW Ambassador
    The not getting notice is usually not the merchant's fault but that's on Linkshare. In the past it was pointed out that if they (merchants) sent notice they were leaving, they would get dropped on the spot. It's an affiliate unfriendly practice Linkshare does. Then of all networks, they went to GAN.

I see the moderator reading this. Does that still happen?** There are some old threads talking about this. Found a few -

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...=notice&page=2

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...ghlight=notice

http://www.abestweb.com/forums//show...702#post536702

http://www.abestweb.com/forums//show...549#post500549

**Dumb question, I guess it does based on this thread.

It's a bad policy. What is it supposed to accomplish? A punishment for the merchant? It's a punishment for the affiliates really. It's not like affiliates won't find about it. If LS does have this policy, then they should send out letters 30-days before the merchant is if leaving if they have been informed. It seems vindictive and silly as it stands now - like something you would expect to see in divorce court, not in a business environment.

However, most merchants send out letters regardless of the policy. Esp. the bigger companies. I still think the Charming Shoppes Affiliate Team should have sent letters. They still haven't sent out anything announcing their move to you know who...
    leeann

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,

It is not a practice for LinkShare to drop advertisers the moment they send out a email stating they will be Terminating their account with LinkShare. We try to work with the advertisers to send out a notice in advance to all of their publisher partners that explain that the advertisers program will be terminating with LinkShare on XYZ date.

The advertisers are free to use their own system to recruit publishers into their new network if they are migrating to another network.

This group of advertisers wanted to contact their publishers on their own. LinkShare has no visibility at this point. LinkShare does recommend to its advertisers, that as a best practice, they communicate to their entire publisher base before the termination date of their program.

From reading this thread it seems like some publishers have received an email while others have not.

--Ranae

I'm surprised to hear that no one else got an email about this. I got multiple notices dating back to mid-June.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    I'm surprised to hear that no one else got an email about this. I got multiple notices dating back to mid-June.
    They must have liked you
    leeann

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator View Post
    Hi All,

It is not a practice for LinkShare to drop advertisers the moment they send out a email stating they will be Terminating their account with LinkShare. We try to work with the advertisers to send out a notice in advance to all of their publisher partners that explain that the advertisers program will be terminating with LinkShare on XYZ date.
    That's good to know Ranae. Thanks.
    leeann

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I just noticed that all three of these merchants do not list any coupons on the GAN interface. While on LS, Lane Braynt for sure always had at least one valid coupon.

That is one of the biggest headaches with affiliate marketing, you never know how long an offer will last, just when you think you should scale your effort, the offer could be pulled, leaving your efforts and newly developed site out of a product

Holy moly. I am just now seeing this. I've had bad links on my site for MONTHS. Argh.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread