WP 3.0 And NextGEN Gallery Plugin
    I just upgraded one of my blogs today and went looking for an image gallery that was ready for 3.0. I found NextGEN Gallery and it was easy to install and get going. Displays in all kind of ways.

I have it set to show thumbnails that you can click for a large image that overlays. It also has a link that shows them as a slide show that is very professional looking.

I've been using it on a couple sites and wish I had known about it long ago. It's a great program.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

Same here, I use it on one of my main sites. Fantastic plugin.

Thanks for the recommendation
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I'm going to have to give this a try. I've got a lot (couple gazillion) old photos I'd like to share. (But I'd probably stick to just a couple hundred. LOL)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

http and a telephoto
    Yup, we are using it on several sites to show off our photos. We already shared and not using affiliate advertising on either site, so check them out if you want:

http://gardengoodies.net (testing with wp e-commerce plugin)
    http://cool-birds.com (no ecommerce, will link to prints on loxly gallery eventually)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Debbie, you have some outstanding photographs in your collections. I don't like to look at your site(s) - because I spend way too much time there just browsing your photos.

How is that e-commerce plugin working? Is it worth me giving it a try?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

http and a telephoto
    It hasn't made any sales, but I haven't spent any time on the site yet either. It gets traffic, but not targetted to buying. I will probably pull the buy buttons off the nextgen and just use the plugin itself to sell specific prints.

I don't have a ton of time to spend on it (like you ) but I think since it might work for other photographers, and you can sell downloads with it, it might be worth you tinkering with and sharing your experience.

I will be using Next Gen on several other niche specific sites to share our immense collection of photographs, and use those niche sites to send traffic to the main Loxly Gallery website.

I'm pleased with WP 3.0 and Next Gen. For years I used Gallery by menalto and it is just too hard to customize and do what I want. The series 1 actually did more of what I wanted than the series 2 and the new 3 I won't even deal with.

With Next Gen you can watermark and do a lot of cool stuff like add ratings. I have my sites set to not use the lightbox so that I can add interactivity for the individual images and not just the galleries. There is a plug in for uploading by members, so in the future it may be what I use for some photo contests I have in mind for some of our sites.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Debbie. I may just have to do as you suggest. I've got a perfect domain with "some stuff" already there - but the software is just not efficient. Definitely time for a change to that site's setup. (All I need is the "time" to make the change. )

I'm pleased with WP 3.0 and Next Gen. before I used Gallery by menalto and it is just too hard to customize and do what I want. all the series are good but series 2 is much better than 2 what about series 3 i have not seen it. this plugin is verygood it rocks

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread