I am not sure if this applies only to msn users, but this morning I had a message, that appeared to be from msn, with the logo,etc.It said someone was using my msn account number, and to prove it was not me, they wanted my usual
    info, name,address, phone numer, secret word, date of birht, then for security purpoes, my bank name, account number,routing number,and pin number,and if I didn't send all this,within 48 hours, my account would be terminated, that sounded weird to me, so I called msn billing, they never sent any messages like that, and my account is ok.My concern was all the data in the computer, so,iy you have msn, don't respond, or call msn billing.It was 3 months ago, I received a cd from msn, all the logos on,a msn address, that was marked anti virus protection, it turned out to be a phony, from ebay,and put me offline for 3 weeks, and cost a bundle to have modem restored. A little of my nickle's worth.
    JJ

erm .... this relates to shareasale how?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I moved this post here (Midnight Cafe) since it's got nothing to do with SAS.

The actual point of the post (watch out for the MSN scam) seems good though.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

no criticism of the post, only the location
    thanks.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

JAMES,

This is a classic SPAM/scheme. I have received similar emails from someone pretending to be PayPal, and another pretending to be Yahoo. The one from Yahoo was really tricky, as it was sent to my Yahoo account, and when clicked on - was simply a new login form (looked just like the Yahoo login). Had I filled it in, it would have sent my login info to somewhere other than Yahoo.

Banks, online companies, and most other normal folks don't EVER send out emails saying that your info had been lost, and you need to "help" them out. This is basic Internet 101, and everyone who uses the Internet should know it.

Good for you, to not provide them with the info.

By the way, why did you post this in the Shareasale forum? Just curious...

Fred

Another day...another scam...

Welcome to the World Wide Web!

Makes you wonder where all these people come from, doesn't it?

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Popdawg:
    erm .... this relates to shareasale how? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Relates here,because 8 weeks ago, I got a cd from msn that was supposed to be a new anti-virus program, it had the msn logo, and address, it was a scam from ebay, took a lot of time and money to get upgraded, they, whoever, didn't go through all that trouble just for me, there are a lot of msn user,some on SAS,forwarned is better than foreclosed.My nickle
    JJ

never mind why prolong this

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    JJ

General scam warnings, that are not specific to one network, need to go in Midnight Cafe. That way more people will see them.

The Midnight Cafe is like the "commons area," most ABWers will check it. But network forums often only get checked by people who are part of the particular network.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

"...took a lot of time and money to get upgraded, they, whoever, didn't go through all that trouble just for me, there are a lot of msn user,some on SAS,forwarned is better than foreclosed."

I'm sorry, I don't wish to appear rude, but I don't understand what you're saying at all?

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    lol, i don't understand half of what James says but i like him, i think he's one of the funnier posters here, i enjoyed this one:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...8305#372108305

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread