Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    High-converting cheap traffic
    Does anybody know of a traffic source with good conversions, but is cost-effective? Thanks ahead of time.

Google AdWords.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Google AdWords.
    That can actually get pretty expensive, and if you don't know what you are doing, it'll be like flushing money down the toilet. You can only get top value for your dollar in PPC advertising if you have enough skills.

Besides what Michael said, I recommend SEO. Requires more work, but some of the longer tail keywords are easier. And if you choose the right keywords, conversion is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by user123-2009 View Post
    That can actually get pretty expensive, and if you don't know what you are doing, it'll be like flushing money down the toilet. You can only get top value for your dollar in PPC advertising if you have enough skills.
    You can only get "top value" if you do your PPC advertising on a top-tier platform like Google. Better to be pound-wise than penny-foolish.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

http and a telephoto
    Learn the skills before you start. There are plenty of threads here with excellent information about PPC. Did you read any of the threads you were pointed to in your other thread?

Good keyword research and good analytics will get you started.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Better to go with a known performer than to go with a cheap scammy system that doesn't work. Many people are looking for a magic bullet. It just doesn't exist.

I'd like to have a place where I can buy cheap, high quality steaks. It just doesn't exist. A guy selling steaks out of a cooler on the back of his pickup truck alongside the road caught my attention the other day. The sign said "25 Ribeyes for $20". I stopped to see what the catch was. They were literally the size of hockey pucks, except perhaps thinner. They couldn't have weighed more than about ONE OUNCE each.

There is no shortcut to success. It takes hard work and money.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    * * * There is no shortcut to success. It takes hard work and money.
    That's worth repeating:

There is no shortcut to success. It takes hard work and money.

ABW Ambassador
    Mostly, not so much the money part (in this business) if you're good at SEO and all these other options available today like social media, free stuff like blogger, squidoo etc. I didn't have much money to play with when I first started at it was all SEO. Then I started making some money and got into PPC and other paid advertising. It's just one of those businesses where there is a low cost of entry.

Get to the first page of google search for your targeted keywords and you'll see a lot of "cheap" traffic.
    How to get there? Read up on SEO techniques and strategies and implement them, have high quality original content on your website that's highly relevant to your chosen keywords, and above all do not spam.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

CPA Network Rep
    Recently, User123-2009, I've been promoting several offers with facebook PPC. They have a great demographics/targeting system, with obviously a tremendous reach. In my opinion, I've been able to get by spending much less than I would with google adwords. However, I would never use facebook ads to advertise most products/offers, only the select few. As Michael said, it's best to spend extra on the highest of quality traffic, with a name that the world is familiar with, than trying to find a poor quality traffic source.
    Philip Shapiro
    [URL=http://www.CPATrend.com]CPATrend[/URL] Network Manager
    Very High Payouts, Prompt Payments, Quality Support

Facebook ppc is really good for branding (especially for a new site) but conversion is not that good.

I'm doing an ad for a client in the health & wellness sector and the cost per click is bit expensive, ~ $1.50 to $2.

CPA Network Rep
    The health niche became extremely clustered and overpriced since the acai berry/weight loss craze. You wont be able to find many cheap ways to advertise the health niche anymore, unfortunately.
    Philip Shapiro
    [URL=http://www.CPATrend.com]CPATrend[/URL] Network Manager
    Very High Payouts, Prompt Payments, Quality Support

In reply to user123-2009
    Does anybody know of a traffic source with good conversions, but is cost-effective? Thanks ahead of time.
    If you are referring to converting leads into sales then there are new techniques in the market these days. There are some live chat service providers which provides you the services of Web Greeter. They install software into your website which greets every visitor on your websites. This interacting session increases the chances of sales. This is cost effective as well. You can plan according to your budget.

Now the question is how to bring people to the website. Social Media Marketing is the other tool to bring people to the website. SMM consultants are using tools like facebook,myspace, twitter and other social media forums to reach and communicate to the target audience.
    Last edited by loxly; July 13th, 2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: edited out link drop

http and a telephoto
    Hi Albert. I removed the link in your post. Recommending a service type is fine, link dropping to your own site in your first post is not.
    Deborah Carney

My suggestion is always SEO, just for one reason that traffic you get from SEO will gives you business but Ad word gives you traffic not business.

It shouldn't be about how much you spend but your return on investment

only PPC, the way to get good conversion.....it can get you good conversion but will cost you well.... SEO is little long term but more better to have ..

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just make great customer facing content page with photos pushing a quality product. Then make some more and panel the SERPs for buying keyword searches. Go Google or Bing "merlot burgundy suspenders" or even "Maternity Suspenders" (brand new product with no sandbox penalty) and general terms like "used stepvans" or "used ice cream trucks". Getting multiple page one listings and high conversion rates is easier with SEO then PPC... plus it cost nothing per click.
    Last edited by ecomcity; August 24th, 2010 at 11:44 AM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Yes in fact I know one. If you are interested I can give you more details.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoisescu View Post
    Yes in fact I know one. If you are interested I can give you more details.
    You can't sell something here without purchasing an ad. You also can't send or receive PMs.
    Deborah Carney

Sorry I didn't know. Where from I can buy ads?

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    You can't sell something here without purchasing an ad. You also can't send or receive PMs.

http and a telephoto

I would recommend hiring someone from the Philippians and start link building. Have them write and post articles, social bookmarking, directories, get your links out there. Once you do not only will you get traffic from those sources, but you will also see your sites make their way up to page one on google.

Wink
    The way I see it, the only means that can answer you goal is good seo skills. With SEO skills, you can do it even without spending a dollar. But the catch is, do it right and it will pay off......do it wrong and your effort is flushed down the toilet.... godluck...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast