I've got a great number 5 position for a very expensive item and traffic is flowing in fairly well but no sales. I'm looking over my competition and the first 3 search engine spots aren't even relevant but the one at 4 sells a similiar product. I've discovered my problem. Their product runs around $600 while mine are $3500 and up. Sure I've got the nicer ones with logos etc but I think people are kind of money conscious these days especially when it comes to dropping three grand.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me. I was marketing the homevisions personal hot tubs only to discover the same one for a thousand less by a competing site. I can understand differences in prices on the exact same model and item within say a hundred or even two hundred dollars but over a thousand is nuts.

I think a lot of the reasons for sales not being what they could be ie more than 2/100 is because of rediculous pricing set by some merchants.

ABW Ambassador
    To justify such a huge difference in price the product must have very different quality and features. Perhaps you should work that out on your site.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    Products higher than $1000 are always hard to convert into online sales, on my experience...
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fer:
    Products higher than $1000 are always hard to convert into online sales, on my experience... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine too but it's fun to get one every now and then.

ABW Ambassador
    Our prices are competitive I think. Considering we sell t-shirts that aren't made from iron-ons, yet most of our prices are in the same USD range as cheap iron-on prints.

Gee.. Wonder if I can find a shirt to mark up a grand lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fer:
    Products higher than $1000 are always hard to convert into online sales, on my experience... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the problem we have is credibilty.... with large sales the buyer needs to be confindent that they will get their purchase...

since most buyer never heard of us before they came to our website... we need to have a professional looking website..

we also need create a feeling of confidence with the customer that we can/will fill the order...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread