ABW Ambassador
    I just noticed DIRECTV DSL in my deactivated merchants list on CJ and one glaring thought came to mind due to their being previously listed there:
    IF a company as large as this is in this list on more than one occassion, would this indicate any kind of scamming or am I just feeding from my paranoia?

In other words . . . could they be intentionally deactivating their account and still have their links operative on our sites?

They have also been known to reactivate, usually within two weeks, thereby forcing some of us to KEEP their links alive on our sites, thus receiving free advertising for this period.

I feel their motives are deceptive because . . . how can a company of their stature NOT be able to afford the CJ bill?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I posted early last week that their company is bankrupt --as in Kaput. All their DSL/ISP users are without service.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

As far as I understand it, they aren't bankrupt. They are shutting down the unit because it is unprofitable and they don't see it becoming profitable. As a directv dsl customer I can tell you that they haven't left all their customers in the cold. They are keeping their service active until at least mid January while they shift us over to other dsl providers. If you want more info go to directvinternet.com. But I can say, they have at least honored their end of the bargain as far as sign up promotions. They are still sending out webcertificates because I received mine yesterday.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Dear DIRECTV Broadband Customer,

As notified to you via email, it is our sincere regret to inform you that DIRECTV Broadband will discontinue operations. DIRECTV Broadband’s network (including your email services) will remain operational until at least January 16, 2003.

We sincerely appreciate your continued patience as we work with alternative broadband companies to determine service options for our customers. We are working as quickly as we can to reach transition plans.

http://www.directvinternet.com/commo...NewsPress1.jsp

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    Gee, I guess affiliates are still the last to know . . .

ABW Ambassador
    eteamnetwork.com and a few others appear in the deactivated aka dead pool at CJ this morning . . . and again I began to wonder . . . would it be too difficult to have some type of reasoning to go along with each deactivated merchant? Perhaps a "check here" if you plan to return to active status OR "check here" if you've gone belly up OR "check here" to send this affiliate a message informing them of your intentions?????????????

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread