1st Month - Tons of Sales, 2cond Month and on...Zero..
    Don't you find it strange when you first start with a new (well-known) merchant and you have tons of sales, then by the second month there is no activity?

I did great with a merchant for exactly 6 weeks, then zero after that and I know it isn't because I didn't get new traffic.

I wish there was better tracking for affiliates and we didn't just have to take "their" word for things, because sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

And yes, I've checked links, etc.
    Last edited by leeann; July 7th, 2010 at 12:30 PM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

And I just checked. The company is in the top 10 for clicks from my site since the first of the year, but no sales?? Yet mega sales the first month they were listed on my site? Strange...
    Last edited by leeann; July 7th, 2010 at 12:38 PM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    Hard to say unless you have specifics.

How much traffic did you send them each month.

How many sales.

etc.

I've seen people in the past post something like this and say they did great one month, then nothing the next. And when you get specifics it's like -

Month they did great - 50 clicks, 3 sales

Month they did bad - 50 clicks, 0 sales

Something like that, where there wasn't enough traffic to even make a good judgement.

Not saying that's your case. There's also been cases where merchants have tracking problems for whatever reasons. That's why it's good to ask about that merchant** to see what other affiliates with that same merchant are experiencing, compare notes.

**I understand some of the reasons, that some affiliates don't want to give that info out but it helps.

There haven't been any sales since after the first six weeks. Prior to that I had 24 sales. The click throughs are about the same month to the month, except for last month they dropped. The promotions for the merchant are about the same - no major changes. Maybe I'll drop them a note and ask why they feel there aren't any sales. At least they'll think I'm paying attention. who knows...
    Last edited by leeann; July 7th, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
    leeann

ABW Ambassador
    "There haven't been any sales since after the first six weeks."

But what does that mean? After six weeks = a few days, 1 week, a month, 2 months ?? It's not defined.

And then 24 sales on how many clicks? If it's say 240, then 1 sale for every 10 clicks.

Then if you sent them 100+ clicks, I would expect some sales based on the prior pattern.

You also have - "The click throughs are about the same month to the month, except for last month they dropped."

The same month your sales dropped right?

There's just a lot of specifics missing.

And that's another thing I see with asking about things like that in the past. Some have posted, I did great last month, this month horrible. Then in another thread they're talking about their traffic dropping by 90% because of a Google shift. The answer's right there.
    Last edited by Trust; July 7th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.

When I have situations like that and I think it's a merchant that should convert, I usually try to do a test order. If I think there is a responsive affiliate manager, I'll try to get them to do it. I have caught tracking problems that way.

My Google traffic is always bad.......always. I don't even worry about it anymore if you can imagine that - at least not with the site that has this merchant. Trust, basically there is no comparable reason why this merchant shouldn't show at least a few sales over the months, based on how they performed the first six weeks that they were up on the site. Nothing is THAT different. I think I'll test a purchase like Cathy suggested. I just wish they had merchandise that I want..lol.
    leeann

I just wish they had merchandise that I want..lol.
    Maybe you can find something really cheap or return it. Yea, I hesitate on those purchases too and often end up with something I didn't really want. But when there is doubt, it usually is worth it for peace of mind on the tracking.

if your web's visits and ads you choose didn't change, besides checking your web's, you should also consider your compitiers, even the whole career news.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Definitely do a test sale. And maybe even try to find a friend or two that could use the product and talk them into helping you out with a test purchase. If the test sales track, then it could be just plain old chance or perhaps some other factors like time of year, holiday buying, etc.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Do a test sale, check their 7 day EPC if you can.
    If you know of somebody else in their program, ask them and see. I.e. Connie or MColey

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread