Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Was thinking of using www.TargetBlaster.com for PPC traffic. Their site talks about how well qualified the traffic is - seems lots of folks here have been okay+ with them too. Their site talks about a directory where the ads would appear. And also talks about how visitors can learn more than a usual search engine provides - cuz there's more info or a preview or something - so the clicks you get are better qualified.

Anyone know where I'd go to see what it's look like (before I decide to try it to drive traffic)?

Since their site doesn't show me, I'm MORE than skeptical... (or maybe I missed it there)...

I tried them out, and didn't do so well.

I don't remember the exact details, but I think this is pretty close:

I was supposed to get 1000 targeted clicks for $50. The clicks started showing up on their tracking page, but the traffic didn't arrive at my site. I tested the links and my tests showed up both places (on their tracking and on my site). I emailed them several times with no response. Within a month or so, my account was depleted. Only about 1% of the traffic actually made it to my site. I emailed again with no response. I contested the charges with Amex. They never responded to Amex, so the charges were reversed.

I'm not sure if my results were typical, or if there was just some sort of technical problem.

I find Google AdWords to be a MUCH better traffic source.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks - really good info you dropped on me - appreciate it.

Can you help on this part... "Anyone know where I'd go to see what it's look like (before I decide to try it to drive traffic)?"

Where did your "ads" get delivered? Or where did they appear and what did they look like?

I sent a PM with a link to one of their sites. They're basically just targeted link farms. They pick up Google PR by exchanging links and pick up profits by selling links.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Got your PM, thanks!

Looks like that site was a link farm setup for "gifts" - but Alexa ranking looks so poor that I can't imagine they can drive the traffic they advertise.

Of course your experience tells me a lot too.

I suppose I'd need to see the specific link farm they have setup for my area of concentration - I'll ask them and if they can;t tell me before I buy, I'll now to beware.

You suggested AdWords... I already spend truckloads / month on Google Adwords - looking for more traffic... considering Traffic Blaster.

Thanks for your help.

Did see others here at ABW say good things about them - anyone else wnat to chime in with stories good or bad?

Traffic Blaster used to be a Zeuss run "directory". The idea was to build a pre-sell page that got organic traffic from the SE's, mostly Google by using text bombing. If you've seen Zeuss link directories, imagine a main pre-sell page as the main focus of a huge directory.

So the pre-sell page would be custom made for the client, the Zeuss text bombing using they keyword phrase that the client wanted, and any click throughs would be considered "double targetted". "Double targetted" because the visitor had clicked on an organic SE listing first, and then clicked through the pre-sell page to your site.

As MichaelColey points out, if noone clicks through the pre-sell page, then you don't end up with traffic. If you're familiar with Zeuss workings, a huge chunk of the initial traffic to the pre-sell page is from webmasters clicking through the spa... er email telling them their site is listed on such and such a page. That's not exactly targetted traffic, IMO.

The site got PR0'd at one point.

I'm sure the former owner will post here in a vehement pro-Zeuss post under a new nickname, he always has when Target Blaster gets mentioned.
    Video Marketing Success eBook -- co-written by webmarm

If you want to find their link farm that relates to your area, go the site I told you about and find some fairly unique text. Then search for that phrase on Google and you'll see all his domains. Add your keyword to the search and you'll find the one where you'll likely appear.

Please note that the way it works, you won't get PR for ads (unless you buy the top spot for a fixed monthly fee). They redirect through a tracking site. Another result of that is that you won't be able to see where the traffic is coming from.

About the only thing I've found that compares with the quality and quantity of Google AdWords traffic is Overture.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Webmarm - love your byline:
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.
    Read the same book in high school - HGTTG!
    42's been my favorite number ever since!

MichaelColey - I really apprecuate the input! Obviously, you've been at this for a while. Clear, well thought out replies too - THANKS!

I use Overture already as well. For the same keywords and bids, gets me a little less traffic than Google AdWords - but both are great and heavily used by me. I should have spelled that out from the beginning... sorry!

And MC, I gotta tell you - I should have been smart enough to do what you suggested - it is easily within my understanding especially once you gave me the site via PM. But I didn't do that - followed your clear instructions and was ALL OVER it in 40 seconds or so (took me longer to write this reply).

Can see exactly where and how now!!!!!!!!!

And I think I'll give it a try soon. Only reason I'm waiting is another campaign I started with another type of service just started - need to wait ~2 weeks to watch my stats to make sure I've got my tracking working right so I don't get overlap (especially since you explained their tracking / redirecting) and confused on which one's ROI I'm looking at...

Once I'm up and running with TargetBlaster, I'll report back to ABW on how it's going.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT!!!

Very valuable to me - thanks again for your time and ideas!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread