View Poll Results: Where Oh Where Will Lebron End Up?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay in Cleveland

4 33.33%
  • Chicago

0 0%
  • Miami

5 41.67%
  • New York

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Where Oh Where Will Lebron end Up?
    My hope and guess is Cleveland. I sure hope he doesn't go anywhere else.

We'll have to wait until 8:00 PM CST to find out on ESPN.

ABW Ambassador
    Cleveland. I actually watched his movie via Netflix - http://www.morethanagamemovie.com/

And after that, was even more sure of it. While he's a bit of a LeDiva, he's real loyal. That movie goes into his past relationships with players, coaches etc. It's why his team nowadays (business) are close friends/formers players. And then to have an hour special on the signing. If he did all that, just to leave, knowing that city is hanging on to him like they do, there would be some real backlash. He's staying.
    Last edited by Trust; July 7th, 2010 at 09:01 PM.

Good points Trust. It would be good for the NBA and of course great for the Cavs. It will be nice to have the NBA's marquee player be loyal to his community and team.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, it would be like sticking a knife in the city and twisting it, making a one hour spectacle of it, when they've shown him nothing but love. He ain't going to do that. And like you said, it's good for NBA to have their stars spread out and it's a good story sticking with that team. Miami would be pretty much zero chance now. Already have 2 marquee stars and while he's pretty unselfish, he still likes the spotlight at the same time and there's just not enough of it with Wade and now Bosh down there.

Now I'm wondering, what are they going to do for a whole hour? If it is in fact an hour. Literally takes a few seconds to say, I'm staying. I guess a bunch of highlight reels or something.
    Last edited by Trust; July 7th, 2010 at 09:19 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The Nets have as much a shot as the Knicks, and while I think it does look like he's staying in Cleveland, my second choice would be Nets.

I'm waiting until tomorrow to vote.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; July 7th, 2010 at 09:23 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    They got the coolest owner, billionaire, second richest guy in Russia - http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minu...page&play=true

gotta watch that, even if you're not into basketball.

They'll have the nicest locker rooms He's going to put Mark Cuban to shame.
    Last edited by Trust; July 7th, 2010 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    The Nets have as much a shot as the Knicks, and while I think it does look like he's staying in Cleveland, my second choice would be Nets.

I'm waiting until tomorrow to vote.
    Good point. I'm an NFL and NHL guy and jsut starting to appreciate the NBA more. Sorry for leaving the Nets out.

Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    Good point. I'm an NFL and NHL guy and jsut starting to appreciate the NBA more. Sorry for leaving the Nets out.
    That's ok - most "experts" didn't give the Nets a chance.

And if you're just starting to get into the NBA, you've gotten into it really well really fast.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

I voted NY, it is just too much money in endorsements. Lebron also has a friend in Warren Buffet who I am sure told him to go get the NY money.

Personally I don't care since I don't watch basketball.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    This is what I'm talking about, not cool -

LeBron Will Make Announcement From Greenwich, CT

"While not officially in any of the NBA towns that wooed LeBron last week, one has to wonder about picking a location that close to New York and the Knicks practice facility."

http://www.fearthesword.com/2010/7/7...ouncement-from

And the Cleveland fans are having anxiety attacks in the comments.

"I voted NY, it is just too much money in endorsements."

I've seen that offered up as a reason but the reality is, he's at the point where he can basically pick and choose, they're knocking at his door. He probably turns down a whole lot. I understand it would be easier since a lot of commercials are shot in NY but it's just very easy to jump on a plane and you can shoot commercials anywhere. Just the way media is nowadays, he's already everywhere. He might go to New York, win a Championship but then be just one of many players that have won championships in many different sports. Or he can do it in Cleveland and be a legend there.

I guess we will know tomorrow.

I need to stop reading the sports forums. Threads about his recent house hunting in NY and then:

"ESPN NBA - Ric Bucher: LeBron James flew to Miami Wednesday night (tonight) for a meeting with Heat president Pat Riley"

Poor Cavs fans, LeBron messing around with their feelings.
    Last edited by Trust; July 7th, 2010 at 11:15 PM.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the star of the NBA said no to New York. That would be great.

Lebron hoping on a plane because they shoot commercials in NY is not a good argument. Him wearing a Knicks jersey while filming the commercial is where the money is especially if he wins while in NY.

If he stays in Cleveland he can become as famous as Drew Carey
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny O'Hare View Post
    Lebron hoping on a plane because they shoot commercials in NY is not a good argument. Him wearing a Knicks jersey while filming the commercial is where the money is especially if he wins while in NY.

If he stays in Cleveland he can become as famous as Drew Carey
    He's already maxed out on money, he already can pick and choose any company to work with He's not going to get anything in NY that he can't get now. Actually it might backfire if he went to NY, marketing wise. People love the ole, staying in your home state, doing it for the home team. Going to NY, he would be seen as selling out and basically screwing over all those people that supported him and that city, a fraud. It would be a cold blooded move.

Of course if he went to NY, Lebron and Amare, your team just got a whole lot better, Cavs = lottery.
    Last edited by Trust; July 7th, 2010 at 11:33 PM.

He can pick and choose any company to work with is true. So far I have seen 0 commercials in the NY market with Lebron in them.

I totally disagree on the staying in your home state thing. This is sports world we live in nowadays there is no loyalty. It is sad but it is the truth.

The highest NBA salary = Cleveland

Commercials, media exposure, life in the fast lane, great up-and coming team with talent at all positions and great, young coach: THE CLIPPERS

World-wide marketing, and the ultimate fortune: Nets

Ct is ESPN's house - Maybe too much is read into that

I totally disagree on the staying in your home state thing. This is sports world we live in nowadays there is no loyalty. It is sad but it is the truth.
    Remember when Andy Pettitte went "home" to Texas? Lasted as long as his bud Roger Clemens stayed in Houston, then he high tailed it back to the big-buck contract in New York. Clemens had the sympathy of the sports world when he left NY for the Astros to be near his sick mother and his kids' games. Jr. was still playing in Texas when he took Yankee millions to move back, then his roof fell in.

Not a basketball fan, I barely know who Lebron James is.

Saw a sportscast the other day where they talked about LeBron going to the Nets. His dream growing up was playing for his hometown team the Cavs and now that he's done it, it's about the money. The merchandising opportunities are just exponentially higher. Sell a million jerseys in Ohio or seven million in NY/NJ? He'll likely go to NY make a billion dollars and come back to Cleveland as an owner in a few years.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01 View Post
    Not a basketball fan, I barely know who Lebron James is.

Saw a sportscast the other day where they talked about LeBron going to the Nets. His dream growing up was playing for his hometown team the Cavs and now that he's done it, it's about the money. The merchandising opportunities are just exponentially higher. Sell a million jerseys in Ohio or seven million in NY/NJ? He'll likely go to NY make a billion dollars and come back to Cleveland as an owner in a few years.
    If he leaves now, No Way Cav owner (billionaire founder of Quicken) Dan Gilbert EVER sells him a share of the team.

ABW Ambassador
    He won't be able to go back. He'll need extra security. I'm trying to imagine him going to NY, then going back to anyplace in Ohio, just walking around. Wouldn't be pretty.
    Last edited by Trust; July 8th, 2010 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    He won't be able to go back. He'll need extra security. I'm trying to imagine him going to NY, then going back to anyplace in Ohio, just walking around. Wouldn't be pretty.
    They're still shooting at the ghost of Art Modell. (The living body would not dare set foot anywhere west of Maryland.)
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; July 8th, 2010 at 01:05 AM.

He will thank the fans of Cleveland, tell them they are the best and tell them God told him to play in NY. Fans will forgive him.

He will thank the fans of Cleveland, tell them they are the best and tell them God told him to play in NY. Fans will forgive him.
    After 12 years of wash-out lottery picks*? I think not.

_____
    * for the casual fan = not making the playoffs

and if Lebron leaves they will go back to a high lottery pick. It is a shame of a system.

Bring back the territorial draft!!!!!
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; July 8th, 2010 at 01:23 AM. Reason: link added

Just heard on Twitter that Lebrons press conference will be interrupted by Kanye West who blames George Bush for ruining Cleveland basketball.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast