with TigerDirect admitting CJ condones a parasite in their CoC, if I read it right . . .

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=539108006

Herb,

I read it as - Tiger "allows" eBates in their program because CJ/BeFree doesn't say that they are in violation of the CoC - in compliance.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

And Gus, the TigerDirect AM, fraudulently advertises in his sig that the TD program is parasite free, which is is not...

This should not be tolerated, IMO, as it is intentionally deceiving to affiliates.

Andy

Guys...

"Approved by CJ/BeFree code of conduct"...and use by more than 400 Top Merchants: Dell, Barnes and Noble, WalMart, Gap.com, BestBuy.com, Buy.com, Circuit City, Fujitsu, Gateway, techdepot.com, IBM.com, HP.com, Kmart.com, Office Depot.com, Officemax.com, Radioshack.com, PC Connection.com, etc.

As I said before any violations will result on the termination of our partnership with anyone...there are not exemptions to this rule…

Btw, I have many affiliate partners doing so much better...keep your sites contents optimized and up-to-date and I guaranteed you will see the results...

Best regards,

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Gus,

a) Many of those merchants you listed are not even CJ/BF merchants therefore the COC has nothing at all to do with them. That falls under LS which is a completely different Network and compliance system.

b) Specific to CJ/BF/Performics. There are many in the community (both affiliates and Merchants) who did not feel that the COC set the proper definition to what a parasite is. Nor did they feel that the COC adequately covered compliance and enforcement in that document itself. So while TD may make the choice to use CJ/BF's definition, there are many who disagree with that definition and will continue to take the point of view that TD is partnering with parasites, because TD is by other's definition of what constitutes a parasite.

c) There are even more affiliates and merchants (some who may agree with CJ/BF's COC on paper) who feel that CJ/BF and doing a less than an adequate job assessing/monitoring/policing software applications to ascertain that they are truly in "compliance" with their own COC. Since Feb 2003 (last update to the COC), there have been incident after incident of behaviors by applications which even when looking the COC wording and nothing else has shown applications to be out of compliance with the COC. Yet not only do these applications remain in Network, they are continued to be deemed "compliant" by the Network. Have you ever heard CJ say one of the applications is not compliant while they are stil operating in the Network (except for that time frame between Dec and Feb when the result was just a revision to restructure the COC so they *would* be in compliance for one particular behavior)? I can't recall offhand personally such an occassion.

Bottom line is that you can shout TD is parasiteware free as loud and long as you want, but there are some of TD's partners right now that many others will say these partners are parasites just as loudly.

And there will continue to be those who are very offended by your sig line. Personally, I could really care less about that, because I'm familiar with different apps and what their behavior is. However, IMO you may be doing yourself more harm than good with that sig line from a PR perspective. Not to mention it just adds a constant reminder to folks to the fact that TD no longer has their Trusted Merchant seal.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well Gus I'll be taking on a campaign to make sure one of your Adwhore competitors whacks eBates and any other (forced click) cookie setting BHO or sleezy affiliate from their program.

I see from my stats that IBM hasn't shown a single sale from my clicks in over 3 months. Must be another newbee at the helm of thta one or they outsourced to some 3rd party AM pimp for the Adwhores. They are wide open for the double dipping and even worse. They pay 0.05 cents on every forced click scheme which has to cost them a bunch.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    As I said before any violations will result on the termination of our partnership with anyone...there are not exemptions to this rule…

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So? I'm not an affiliate. Nor do I care to be. Your vaunted super-affiliates could all be parasites (by OUR standards) and I really wonder why you never change your rant.

Would you like a little cheese with that whine?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread