Ok here is the deal. For a while I have noticed that the page impressions in the google adsense reporting is lower then what is in my cpanel and site meter. Moday both site meter and cpanel report 600+ page views. I have an adsense ad on just about every page so I should have about 600 google Page impressions. Right?? Google reports 432. Anyone else seeing this or am I the only one.

TIA
    Doug
    Thanks,
    Doug

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Yes, I have noticed this with my inlaws site with ads on each page. Number of impressions does not match log impressions. I think it does not count ads that show up multiple times for the same user. Also, perhaps public service ads are running on some pages.

Contact google to get the for-sure reason.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    Are you looking at same day or previous day's stats?

There is sometimes (usually) a delay in reporting in the Adsense interface. It's not unusual for them to show barely a hundred impressions late in the afternoon for sites that receive several thousand visitors a day.

http and a telephoto
    My page stats vs their page stats have never even been close.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Its Norton/McAfee folks.

Adsense can not get a good impression if Norton is blocking the ad.

http and a telephoto
    Ahhhh.... I knew I had a high percentage of visitors using ad blocking on my sites too because of the conversions since I have my links cloaked.

I wasn't complaining, just pointing out that they never were close to matching.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Norton is a bunch of BullS#l+. Affiliate marketers relly need to do something about this and a few other things. Please PM me with suggestions or if you want to try to do something. I really like the Idea of affiliate marketing and can see real potential if it were not for this and all the other crap cutting into our craft.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Thanks,
    Doug

ABW Ambassador
    Google's counts will always be off, be it not showing an ad or the ad not loading. In almost any program, your server side stats and an outside stat will conflict, they will never be one to one. And google adjusts stats up to a few days out.

Chet

for several weeks google's reporting for the hits on my sites has been usually off, but caught up to some degree within a day or two.

however, I used to get more money out of them in the past. I think in the case of my sites the advertisers have slowed down a bit, because I note not much change in them.

just started to get both more hits and more money in the last few days, but still not enough for regular checks, which was the case before two months ago.

so many factors . . .

Hey Doug,

My google stats never match. I have ads on over 300 pages so if everytime someone looks at page i should get a view. Never works that way. Get this I also noticed that the pages I also use ads to advertise get a higher number of PSA's than the ones I don't have ads running traffic too. Plus, get this my server logs do not record clicks coming to my sites from google searches which really freaks me out. I know people are coming to the sites because I have had sales but not knowing how many makes me nuts. BTW it's not much different for me with overture.

Best of luck,

Spider Man

a little while ago Google/Adsense said they were going to weigh certain clicks as to their value, like a page of violin construction information would be worth more per click than a page advertising violins.

I wonder, though, how that affects directories, where every hit could be relevant.

I'm still getting a little more income from adsense, a slow climb over the past few days, and now I'm wondering if the algorithm (or whatever) for obvious directories has changed for the better.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread