Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    started out as a great idea, degenerated to I don't know what. no news since March 15.

is it ever going to fly?

I was wondering the same thing... .What's the news on it? Haiko?

This is turning out to be one of the great mysteries of the year. Like all the lost mates to my socks that never come out of the dryer that you know exist but can't find. The same applies to TrueTracker. We know it exists in (some fashion), but we can't find it (or find any information). Well, like that lost other sock, we wait patiently for it to show up.

I've emailed Haiko and posted questions in the TrueTracker forum but still no response. This makes me even more curious.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Maybe Haiko changed his mind about doing it.

Seemed to me like it was the exclusion list presented in a new wrapper. And, the exclusion list wasn't that well liked an idea for many reasons.

Personally, I don't want no truck with no parasitic merchants in any wrapper.

Now, if TT had only parasite free merchants, I would have liked it a lot. I am FOR a new, honest and reliable network of clean merchants.

We have enough strength here that we could give such a network a big jump start.

I hope Haiko does follow through with TT but with squeaky clean merchants, only.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

It sounded almost too good to be true.

I wonder if their search for quality "verified 100% parasite-free merchants" might producing only a very small number of merchants.

Maybe too small to make up a good network.

I hope that's not the case. I would love to see TT happen.

I don't think that was the plan. They WERE going to use parasitic merchants. But, they were supposed to make it so the parasites didn't interfer with the links from TT.
    Sort of laying down with the devil or something.

Anyhow, that is what I last understood.

That's why I said it was the exclusion list rewrapped.

Correct me if I am wrong about that.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well if TT doesn't get off the ground I'll try to put together a core group and build out a "Little Network ..that could" and fight the up hill battle. Only problem for parasite friendly merchants is they'll be stripped naked of any diversion tactics exposing their real conversion ratios against their main competitors. No way Norton can block links from displaying and all referral shoppers infested with BHO's won't get a dime from any purchase made from the participating merchants there.

Affiliates will be subject to a TOS not allowing any shady affiliate practices and true merchant conversion ratios will be made public. All affiliate referral traffic gets a universal return day cookie to EVERY merchant accepted into the network. Send someone to merchant A and they buy something from merchant B.... you get credit for the "blue Bird" sale.

Do not ever revisit a failed ebiz model where all parties are accustomed to and well versed in the various "tricks for Clicks" techniques and diversion practices.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    TT was supposed to have that big whale of merchant that would floor everyone... last month. Maybe they backed down?
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wonder if their search for quality "verified 100% parasite-free merchants" might producing only a very small number of merchants. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Good assessment. Converting parasite infected merchants to be straight is not as easy it was presented to be.
    Haiko, any comments, reassurances ... ?

ABW Ambassador
    Seems like Haiko has disappeared and won't talk about it, Andy doesn't know enough about it to say anything, and a lot of other people are questioning whether they should say anything or not. Last time somebody was critical of TT, the TT forum got shut down.

Can't wait for the big name merchant to materialize. When and if it does materialize, it better be huge--not something that would be suited to sell through SAS.

(Not being critical of SAS--they are great at what they do. Just saying that TT has promised a HUGE merchant, among other things.)

Michael

If I remember right, the breakdown in progress began when the legalese started getting changed and changed.

I hope this project emerges again in such a form that we can all feel good pushing it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maybe Haiko changed his mind about doing it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, whatever the reason, it would be nice if Haiko would tell us something. I mean, all this hipe about a big announcement on Feb. 29th and now we go months without a single statement. I don't mind if it became a monster for Haiko and taking longer to implement than expected, I just think it is good business practice (and good PR) if he would just give us a simple statement as to what is going on. Has it been shelved until next year, does it need more merchants, does it need some testers? What?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I hope so, too.

I talked with Haiko last week and he has been very busy with TT. It sounds like everything is going as planned just a little delayed.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Todd,

Thanks for the update. At this point we had no idea if he had given up or was still working on it.

Sad, though, that our first update in months is from one of the big cheeses at another affiliate marketing company (but still much appreciated).
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Found this email in my pending folder today and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out who it was I applied to.
    ------------------------
    Dear B Knoblach,

TrueTracker has received your application for inclusion in our affiliate network.

Once your application has been approved you will receive notification containing your password and login URL.

Thank you,

Truetracker.com

------------
    But then I found this thread. Now I remember!!

Haiko did send out an email today about a new merchant and at first I thought it was run by TrueTracker. I contacted the merchant, and sadly it was not.

Soon, I hear, soon.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I got that Ron and thought the same thing

It will come... I would rather it be running good than he open early and get lots of cock ups.
    There's people here who would dance in the strrets if anything went wrong with it during its first few months.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    haiko,

forgot to say my email was dated 4/17/04

you're probably the only guy I would hold a pending that long for

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I talked with Haiko last week and he has been very busy with TT. It sounds like everything is going as planned just a little delayed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something's radically wrong with the Picture, when one network's rep is giving updates on what their competition (TT *is* supposed to be competition to the majors, isn't it?!) is doing!

What the heck?!?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Maybe it's going to be released as TrueJunction. Site motto could be "we keep your sales on track"

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    Maybe it's going to be released as TrueJunction. Site motto could be "we keep your sales on track" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You're showing your age with that reference
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Billy,

I looked it up, yep affiliate #148 , April 17th, thanks for holding on to the mail, soon, very very soon, you'll get the one with the password.

===============

Leader,

Agreed, it could appear radically wrong, but as a matter of fact Todd and I were speaking the day before and one of the topics was, how TT was progressing, so it's not so wrong, actually the only odd part is that it wasn't gossip, perceptions or speculation, the way most info is spread.

===========

Heyder,

Cute ... but no, it's TrueTracker, always was and always will be. The only thing remotely CJ related to TT is it's similarity to CJ's old GUI, and no (for the record) neither CJ nor any other network has hindered it's emergence in the marketplace for any reason - for those who are thinking that. I'll make a posting explaining the reasons prior to launching the first program to remove any other possible perceptions or gossip relating to TT.

Man, did I ever take that response to tangentville Sorry, I thought it necessary.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Holy cripes! I'll just be now.

There are lots of worms in the CPA network can.

First: Money - do you have enough to do it and stay in business for six months or so until it becomes vialble.

Second: The chick or the egg deal. No merchants = no affiliates. No affiliates = no merchants.
    You need a guinea pig or two merchant -perferably a known reputable one, with at least a big enough budget to make it possible for more than one affiliate to get a $25 check for at least 6 months.

Third: Sales people to SELL merchants and a way to pay the sales people adequately and still keep the initial merchant cost reasonable and competitive enough to at least try your network.

Fourth: The ability to deal with GROWTH and existing competition. If you have one merchant and 10,000 affiliates the dilution effect will impact on affiliate earnings, yet it will also be a blessing in that if there are that many people making money of some sort, others will want in too.

Fifth: How to balance the merchants factors with the affiliate factors equitabley since even though they are supposed to be partners, they are competing against each other somewhat.

It's not easy being green...and while Haiko is not always impartial and does have his own interests to maintain, we have to give him a ton of credit for staying the course and keeping on truckin.

Sometimes waiting is what makes something really work as opposed to just being like the rest.

Here's some ideas to make TT really kick butt from the CPA model.

1. Affiliates have to pay to become affiliates -
    say $10. If it's $10, pay affiliates a commission on the $10. While this limits access to the network merchants, it also eliminates the freebie moochers who join and never do anything, it also helps build the affiliate side of the equation and provides a source of income for the network.

2. Charge merchants $1.50/sale to be on the system to have access to the affiliate pool not a percentage. This gives the merchant a big incentive to join since he has a fixed cost

Take $.50 of the $1.50, pool it and divide it up equally among all the affiliates who made at least one sale for the month.

A strange thing will happen if you do this: affiliates who haven't made a sale will buy something for themselves to qualify for their part of the pooled bonus. If there are 1,000 affiliates and 500 haven't made a sale, merchants will benefit by an extra 500 sales.

3. Affiliates can buy any product from any merchant at the going rate and earn the commission as a discount. In the real world, any company sales rep can normally buy the company products for their own use at what amounts to the commission discount.

Remember Henry Ford paid his workers $5 a day, when everyone else was paying their workers $2/day or less, so his workers could afford to buy his car.

4. You need to have something that equates to the idea of sales territories in the real world.
    For example: Say a sales rep gets a territory that equals a ZIP code. Any sales made from that zip code he/she gets credited, even if they are made thru another rep.

A true CPA model, needs to mirror this fact. Hard coding cookies for a set time period might work. For example: Affiliate A gets 1,000 people to go visit a merchant. Any one of those 1,000 who buys something from that merchant for say 30 days, he/she gets the credit even if it comes from another affiliate site.

What this does is make traffic worth getting for any merchant and it prevents most of the link stealing and cookie fraud. It mirrors the activity in the real world - the guy with the most sales calls usually makes the most money.

For example: Say I get 10,000 people to visit merchant A's site to look at a product. If they buy something right then great, but say they don't but a week later When-U does their tricks and sends 1,000 people to the same site and 10 of them buy something - I get the credit for all the sales.

This set up also, provides the merchant with more in the way of branding.

A TRUE network needs to be set up like a network - everyone benefits in some way from the their own efforts and the efforts of all those in the network.

Get on it Haiko - times a wasting.

Wow, Jean, some new and refreshing ideas. We need more of that. Perhaps Haiko can experiment with some of these. It certainly would make his company something different from the rest.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast