Quickest Termiantion Ever
    I just received a termination letter, less than two days after being accepted. I haven't posted a link yet, so I'm not sure why.

Maybe it's because I'm inactive?

Has anyone had a similar situation?

I don't want to name the merchant yet. I'm trying to figure out what happened and allow the merchant to explain the situation.
    Naming them now wouldn't be respectful at this time.

If I haven't heard from them in less than two days time, it's fair game.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    We automatically approve Affiliate apps to merchant programs that are sitting in a "Pending" status for more than seven days.

From what I understand from this particular merchant, there was a communication issue which resulted in applicants being auto approved, when they in fact shouldn't have been (they allowed the seven day time period to lapse without approving or denying, so auto approval kicked in).

Note that you are given seven days from termination notice to remove campaigns and/or links, but I understand it's an inconvenience to some that have invested time already in the merchant, and for that I apologize.

GM

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    We automatically approve Affiliate apps to merchant programs that are sitting in a "Pending" status for more than seven days.

From what I understand from this particular merchant, there was a communication issue which resulted in applicants being auto approved, when they in fact shouldn't have been (they allowed the seven day time period to lapse without approving or denying, so auto approval kicked in).

Note that you are given seven days from termination notice to remove campaigns and/or links, but I understand it's an inconvenience to some that have invested time already in the merchant, and for that I apologize.

GM
    Gary,
    Thanks for the explanation.

merchant problem
    I understand the information above but do not understand why the letter this merchant sent to me was so cold with a threatening tone. I feel that the tone of the email was unacceptable. I spent several minutes writing a nice response and still have not received any feedback from them. One of the points that an AvantLink merchant agrees to is having a designated affiliate manager. If that is so, I should have a to my email.

Given all of that, I still would change my marketing approach if they would just explain what has to be done to make them happy.

PS - other AvantLink merchants are awesome. They actually appreciate my site and ask for feedback to benefit our relationship!

Cheers!
    Last edited by tracksandtrails; July 16th, 2010 at 03:49 PM.

I do wish the merchant would have had the courtesy of explaining this to me.

I appreciate Gary taking the time to address this but feedback from them would have been nice.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread