Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just test drove the new Mozilla Browser called FireFox and it works great. Very fast and clean.

Mozilla Firefox
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Looks like the link is a a private discussion forum. Can you shed us some light on that, Akiva ?
    I'm currently using FireFox, so far I like everything on the new browser.

I tried it...

I give it...

I made it my default browser after a few days of use...

got tired of java problems with IE long ago... once again i can post here at ABW without difficulty..

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Just upgraded to Firefox from Firebird and set it as my default browser.

Still have to keep IE around cause some websites I frequent still look funky with anything other than IE.

Everybody should give Firefox a try - it is a short download and well worth the price :LOL
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

I've just put firefox on and I think it is great. It's APITA re-entering all my passwords and what have you but once that is done I doubt very much I will ever use Microsofts Explorer again. A great big thumbs up from me so far.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Make sure to check out all the extensions. They are free and parasite free. From cool things to help you make web pages, to a google bar.

Chet

Remember to add it to your pages...

This is how I added it to SSan.com

"Want security? Best viewed in FoxFire! "

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    The concern noted is that with a few clicks is it possible to disable all advertising, including banners and text advertising, across all sites. IE, the user sees no advertising on any sites at all, ever, anywhere. Admittedly this is not too apparent to the average surfer and it is not something I have tested as yet, but I am not sure we should be promoting a browser that has the potential of negating our marketing efforts.

Woz
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

With the increasing bandwidth of the internet and faster speeds, I think this will not be used much. Most of the reason for using the feature was slow loading times, low bandwidth. With fast loading times, high bandwidth most people will not be looking to activate the feature.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Kool add-ons for Firefox and the java plug-in works great. Several SKINs make the appearence to noice and simple. Popup blocker -almost identical page viewing to IE6.0 -no BHO targeting -great free Thunderbird e-mail add-on makes it a keeper. Folks switching over will just use IE in the background for Windows desktop viewing.

Spent 6 hours yesterday cleaning up a clients system with viruses + the usual crop of adware/spyware for the third time. Guess what ...I removed all the IE desktop buttons and installed the full feature set of Firefox. He won't have a choice as I even removed IE from the "start button's" programs menu. He'd have to find it via Windows explorer to run it.

Even installed SpywareBlaster 3.1 which recognizes Mozilla/Firefox and Netscape and made the usual bann all spyware cookies and drive-by install sites except Linksynergy -commission junction(5 places) and Bfast. Quick system snapshot incase of e-mail viruses. I'll tell him the next time he calls it's 100.00 for just my coming to pick up the system...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    "Want security? Best viewed in FoxFire!"

Yes, that may be a mistake given the cookie and ad blocking features, but for people like us it's great! (Of course with IE all they have to do is go to tools and delete cookies.)

The Goolge toolbar works good except does not show PR.

The TAB feature is awesome. Put all you aff programs in a separate folder. Press "open in tabs" and all your programs are opened in tabs at top of screen so you can check stats faster and easier.

I do that with all the web stats for all my sites that I check twice a day and it saves a ton of time.

"Want security? Best viewed in FoxFire!"

Just to let everyone know, I bought 3 items through eBay using the foxfire browser.

AND FOR ONCE - the bid did not reverse!

I gave Firefox a go and found that it's as nice as everyone says....But I can't live with the lag in page load time. I'm using satellite internet services and Firefox pages do load slower than with IE. Is anyone else seeing a slower load with high speed internet?

TM

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    That is not the point Sandra. Out of the box Firefox works normally. But it has been noted that it is relatively simple to set all advertising/banners etc off as default. Think the Norton situation is bad. Think about even a small proportion of the online population not seeing any banners, no adsense, nothing, nada, zilch. Therefor, no sales for anyone. Luckily most users use IE so we are not talking about a major threat at the moment, however I would not be happy about losing even one sale.

But what if it did take off? And what if we were one of the people promoting a browser that was reducing our income?

Woz

ABW Ambassador
    Firefox is nice but i've never had a problem with IE so i'll continue to use that.

ABW Ambassador
    If you are having a speed issue, here is some help - one note, on .09 these may not show up - but you can just add them and they will work.

=======================================
    To get started, type "about:config" in your FireFox address bar. The settings you're looking for are:

1.) network.http.pipelining
    2.) network.http.pipelining.firstrequest
    3.) network.http.pipelining.maxrequests
    4.) network.http.proxy.pipelining
    5.) nglayout.ititialpaint.delay

Set #1, #2, and #4 to "true". Set #3 to a high number, like 32. Set #5 to 0.

Enabling the pipelining features allows the browser to make multiple requests to the server at the same time. The "maxrequests" is the maximum number of requests it will send at once. I've heard that 8 is the most it will send at once, but setting it higher won't hurt, just in case. The initialpaint.delay is the length of time (in milliseconds) after the server response before the browser begins to paint the page.

Adjusting those settings will help pages render much faster in FireFox. In fact, my own observations have been that, tweaked in this manner, FireFox will render faster than Opera (and yes, I realize that others may experience different results).

=======================================
    Original post with the details:
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum21/8007.htm

Trust, the reason I changed was not for security, but functionality. Firefox just isn't the same as IE, it is better than IE.

Chet

I wrote the post in WmW referenced above, it's also available at Danny Sullivan's public forum.
    http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...=4556#post4556

If you want to be a ruthless site-plunderer w/ FF, check out what you can do using wildcards in AdBlock. For instance the filters, *logo* and *donat* turn many site into basically text-only (as well as any other of millions of sites that use logical file-naming in their design). Obviously, *banner* and */ad/* nuke a few million more nuisances.

ABW Ambassador
    We have been promoting it heavily and on one site, over 35% have adopted it. Other sites with more "fresh" users obviously the % is not as great. We have seen zero decline in ad show counts.

Chet

Thank you Chet

That tweak made this thing go faster yet!

I've been a Mozilla fan for 4 or 5 months now, I'll never go back to IE or NS, well for testing of course Tabs are great. I've seen them in the new version of NS 7.1, but still love all the extras with FireFox.

--Brian
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Chet can you help me out here please?

I don't not have these two
    2.) network.http.pipelining.firstrequest
    5.) nglayout.ititialpaint.delay

I only have these two in the nglayout section
    nglayout.events.dispatchLeftClickOnly
    nglayout.debug.enable_xbl_forms

I only just put firefox on my computer three days ago is it possible I might have had a bad download or do you think they may have altered it and left those two out or changed them?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

anyone can help it does not have to be Chet .....

That sounds better than a

YouTrek

Gordon,

I just downloaded firefox today and I'm missing the same files as you. They must have made a change. After changing the other files Chet pointed out, I did note a speed increase. Cool. I'll give firefox a go and see how I like it.

THANKS Chet!

TM

Thanks TM I thought something was wrong with my version, glad to know its ok

I like it, if it keeps the BHO's out it will do for me. I've spent a small fortune on computer repairs through them scumbags.

Good luck with it I hope you like it and enjoy it.

YouTrek

Guys, the fix that was posted on page one of this thread, and at w.m.w is for an earlier version of Firefox.

The new version only has the three option variables. It would behoove more to read the w.m.w threads, if one is interested in browser. It is still fast, but isn't perfect. (just like the email client Moz puts out).

Fred

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast