Thumbs up Sports Letter of the Century by Cavs Owner
    The Cavs owner delivered an awesome letter to the people of Cleveland on the Cav's website in response to LeBrat's decision to move to Miami. Click on the link at the end of the post to read the story.

This is a wonderful letter from the heart about a self absorbed shallow person who took his ego to the airwaves to destroy his community and stick a dagger in their hearts.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi...er_100708.html
    Last edited by bibby; July 8th, 2010 at 11:51 PM.

He needs to let the fans know how he really feels. Now I'm curious to find out what James said. Up till reading this I could not have cared less since I don't follow the NBA.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc View Post
    He needs to let the fans know how he really feels. Now I'm curious to find out what James said. Up till reading this I could not have cared less since I don't follow the NBA.
    I'm also curious about what Lebron "shallow human being" James said. Better be careful what you say and who you trust. I hope that the Cavs owner does reveal what went down.

LOL!!!! I can't help but crack up when I see words like "cowardly betrayal" bandied about when talking about a sports star's decision to play where he felt he could get the best offer from.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Money wise it was the Cavs. LeBron just wanted to play the Pippen role to Wade.

I guess James didn't have what it takes to be a true star like Jordan, Magic, Dr. J, Bryant, etc.

James can't do it on his back so he went to a team that will have players that will carry the load for him.

He's gutless and shameless.

Jordan and Bryant took the challenge of leading a team head-on. Jordan didn't give up after losing to Detroit 3 times. He went on to win 6 Championships like a true star.
    Bryant has won 2 championships without Shaq and may win another.

Lebron doesn't have the will to carry a team.

ABW Ambassador
    He's going to take a big hit marketing wise as well. He was pretty much the face of the NBA, now it's going to be this year's scoring champ, Kevin Durant. Stern is going start pushing him hard. Just too much hate towards LeBron right now and for a long time to come. But Kevin Durant is a good story. LeBron might win some championships in Miami but it'll be as a second fiddle and Wade will always have one more than him. That is Wade's team. Probably some of the other marketing is going to be scaled back as well.

I'll tell you what might end up pissing me off.

I don't believe in curses when it comes to sports but if the Cavs owner is correct about James bringing a curse to Miami, my Dolphins will be harmed and that will tick me off.

So after the owners rant and the upcoming fine that is coming with it what Free agent would ever play for that owner. I am not a Lebron fan but he did work for the owner for 7 years and this is how he repays Lebron. Lebron made the owner a lot richer during the 7 years. I think the owner was way off base here. Sure he is pissed but to put that message on an NBA owned website was just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny O'Hare View Post
    So after the owners rant and the upcoming fine that is coming with it what Free agent would ever play for that owner. I am not a Lebron fan but he did work for the owner for 7 years and this is how he repays Lebron. Lebron made the owner a lot richer during the 7 years. I think the owner was way off base here. Sure he is pissed but to put that message on an NBA owned website was just wrong.
    We may not know all the facts about how Lebron screwed the team. Hopefully the Cavs owner will shed some light on it.

Professional atheletes are money whores and will go anywhere for a buck.
    Last edited by bibby; July 9th, 2010 at 01:22 AM.

The Cavs owner gave an interview to the AP shortly after psoting the AP letter. It's classic.

Here's the link:
    http://www.fearthesword.com/2010/7/9...t-on#storyjump

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Dan Gilbert is no fool. He is a self-made billionaire. He founded the company that was later renamed Quicken Loans when he was 23 and still in school.

A life-long Clevelander, he is pissed not just for his team, but for his community, and in the heat of the moment, he let loose with a diatribe that while likely ill-advised, served to communicate a lot of truth.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Dan Gilbert is no fool. He is a self-made billionaire. He founded the company that was later renamed Quicken Loans when he was 23 and still in school.

A life-long Clevelander, he is pissed not just for his team, but for his community, and in the heat of the moment, he let loose with a diatribe that while likely ill-advised, served to communicate a lot of truth.
    I agree. I think Gilbert will disclose more as the days go on.

There's actually one good thing about Lebron's decision. He didn't go to New York. For once they couldn't a NY team couldn't lure a money whore.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    I guess James didn't have what it takes to be a true star like Jordan, Magic, Dr. J, Bryant, etc.

James can't do it on his back so he went to a team that will have players that will carry the load for him.

He's gutless and shameless.

Lebron doesn't have the will to carry a team.
    You are right on here. His legacy is tarnished forever. One championship in Cleveland is the equivalent of winning 5 with this Heat team. What a shame this is. I really wanted to see if he had what it takes to lead a team to a championship. I guess we will never know if he had it in him. His ceiling now from a history standpoint is Scottie Pippen, James Worthy and Kevin Mchale.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Can we also now refer to him as Prince James, and not King James from now on. He obviously doesn't deserve that nickname any more.
    Last edited by Brent E.; July 9th, 2010 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E. View Post
    Can we also now refer to him as Prince James, and not King James from now on. He obviously doesn't deserve that nickname any more.
    How about impotent James. That will describe his legacy. The best tema for him on paper would ahve been Chicago but he was too afraid to live up to the legacy of Jordan.

Cleveland was my heartfelt choice but it would have taken the NBA's greatest palyer in history to pull that one off. And again James didn't have what it takes to carry the load.

I've been to Cleveland and I've been to South Beach - and they are both nice places, with a few major differences. With all that ranting and raving aside, I think, plain as day, he moved for more and better partying opportunities.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I'm not wishing this on James but would anyone care if this guy had a career ending injury this year? Would anyone feel sorry for him or the Heat?

As I said, I don't wish that on him and I would rather see him fail to the bitter end.

I would love his last year in the NBA to be in the finals against the Lakers with his team up by 20 going into the foruth and losing the game on a buzzer beeter.

That would be justice.

I try to get out because I don't really care... but it's so good it keeps pulling me back in.

Most of us know fathead, since they've got an affiliate program. Do you know the owner is Mr. Gilbert??? Take a look at what he did to the LeBron fathead decal.

http://www.fathead.com/nba/cleveland.../lebron-james/

(not an aff link of course!)

Notice the price? What is the significance of it?
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

He should have burned them and made a video it would go viral in seconds lol
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny O'Hare View Post
    He should have burned them and made a video it would go viral in seconds lol
    Hah! That would have been on every news station in the world. You can't beat that kind of PR.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread