WoooHooo!!!! We get Kobe for another 7 years! That is awesome. It's too bad that we had to lose Shaq though. I really did like that guy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prophet:
    WoooHooo!!!! We get Kobe for another 7 years! That is awesome. It's too bad that we had to lose Shaq though. I really did like that guy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think he will be out of prison by then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bob125:
    Do you think he will be out of prison by then? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really sure he will be going to prison. but I am sure that you're an idiot.

Prophet:

It will be interesting to see the Lakers without a true big man. They seemed to go immediately from Kareem to Shaq. Rudy T's success came with two athletic big men (Hakeem & Sampson), too. The Lakers will have plenty of horses, but the challenge will be to adapt their style of play. I wonder how Laker fans will take to the new style, too.

Interesting times, indeed.

Shaq and Dwayne Wade are going to be unstoppable.

I love the Heat even when we sucked. Now we're actually going to take it all the way. I'm a little upset Llamar Odom had to go because of Shaq, he had a lot of heart for the team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prophet:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bob125:
    Do you think he will be out of prison by then? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really sure he will be going to prison. but I am sure that you're an idiot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It really is too bad... there is so much GREED!

If the Lakers were to do the right thing they would have told Kobe to get past his current legal problems... then we can talk...

It's too bad sports club onwers are willing to reward illegal and bad bewhavior

they are sending the wrong message to their young fans!

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

"If the Lakers were to do the right thing they would have told Kobe to get past his current legal problems... then we can talk..."

Wonder if that will really happen?

The question by the time the new season starts is this, will he be in convicted and in jail, convicted and free on bond awaiting appeal, or exonerated...

If he is exonerated, then the real cheering can start - and welcome to the team.

Fred

What is a Laker and what are their comission rates?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:
    What is a Laker and what are their comission rates? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pino:
    Shaq and Dwayne Wade are going to be unstoppable.

I love the Heat even when we sucked. Now we're actually going to take it all the way. I'm a little upset Llamar Odom had to go because of Shaq, he had a lot of heart for the team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The heat will def be a contener in the east they also have another former great laker in Eddie Jones!

Heard about Kobe Bryant on the news, wow, I didn't know he played basketball too

ABW Ambassador
    I think the Lakers will struggle just to even make the playoffs. Luckily the got rid of the most overrated coach ever. Any coach with a Shaq and a Kobe should win just about every game. The Pistons showed the rest of the league how to handle the Lakers, with defense, not the way the Kings and Mavs were thinking, with offense. And they pretty much shut down Kobe, while Shaq played well, just didn't get him enough shots. Lakers are done.

ABW Ambassador
    Think you left out a letter.

It should read "Kobe is a Lacker!!!!
    "

I don't know if Kobe did what he is accused of doing, but I think "sports personalities" in general set a very poor example for their young fans, and I think the sports industry is negligent in doling out punishment.

Until Kobe's legal problems are resolved, I don't think he should be allowed to play. The message is this is sending is that's it's OK to do bad things, you can still play and make the big bucks. The message should be, don't put yourself in a situation where you can be accused of doing something, or you're out.

Kobe had no business being with that woman. His wife ought to slap the out of him, and take him for every penny he has. It would serve him right.

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:
    What is a Laker and what are their comission rates? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's someone who lives on a lake...

Hey Andy... isn't Kobe married to a Porto Rican gal?

If I were him I would be sleeping with one eye open...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> WoooHooo!!!! We get Kobe for another 7 years! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a Blazers fan, I'm pretty stoked it's Kobe rather than Shaq for the next 7 as well...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hey Andy... isn't Kobe married to a Porto Rican gal?

If I were him I would be sleeping with one eye open... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy

Endorsement Money. Entertainment Dollars. How do I get me some? Oh yeah, I have to be on TV. Anyone with a pirate TV channel out there.

If they meet in the finals someday, Shaq will hard foul Kobe to the hospital bed big time.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pino:
    I'm a little upset Llamar Odom had to go because of Shaq... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grant had the heart, Odom had the skills! I wish we could keep Odom also, because then we would be in absolutely tremendous shape to win the title. Odom, Wade, and Shaq? Come on.

The deal was a steal for us tho regardless. Maybe now Eddie Jones will wake up and start playing like Eddie Jones should be. There were rumors that the Heat might pick up Vince Carter too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by limey:
    I'm a little upset Llamar Odom had to go because of Shaq... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grant had the heart, Odom had the skills! I wish we could keep Odom also, because then we would be in absolutely tremendous shape to win the title. Odom, Wade, and Shaq? Come on.

The deal was a steal for us tho regardless. Maybe now Eddie Jones will wake up and start playing like Eddie Jones should be. There were rumors that the Heat might pick up Vince Carter too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

About Eddie Jones... The way he played last season really ticked me off, but I think this should definitely wake him up. If we picked up Vince Carter that would be insane.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Can't keep Kobe from playing, really, though, until he is proven innocent or guilty. He's already paying through the nose, though, in lost marketing deals and 'make-up' money to his wife. I imagine she is STILL spending his cash on inordinantly expensive items, lol. Heck, my wife would be having plastic surgery, tummy tucks, buying jewelry, cars for friends, a condo or two where I could move too after she takes the house in a divorce, lol.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    Can't keep Kobe from playing, really, though, until he is proven innocent or guilty. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very good point!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Grant had the heart, Odom had the skills! I wish we could keep Odom also, because then we would be in absolutely tremendous shape to win the title. Odom, Wade, and Shaq? Come on. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

who cares about odom or grant. They would just be in the way of Shaq. When you bring the diesel to your team you don't need any other big men especially odom who hogs up shots and is not physical enough, or Grant who is nothing but a rebounder and is no where near an offensive threat. Dwayne Wade and Shaq is a better pairing then Kobe and Shaq, Wade has more skills then Kobe possessed when the Lakers paired them up.
    Some of you really think Kobe will see jail time? Are you kidding me? Seriously, I can't even see how that thought would enter anyone's mind. Of course he's a bad example for the kids, he basically is a kid. Lakers are going down next year, the heat are going to dominate. But all in all, even though they suck, go MAGIC!
    Matt

ABW Ambassador
    "go MAGIC!"
    Nice to see somebody else with some sense Big Magic fan here.

Dwayne Wade and Shaq kinda like Penny and Shaq when the Magic went to Finals. Too bad they let Shaq go But Miami is now a contender in the east.

ABW Ambassador
    phillyburbs
    "It will be interesting to see the Lakers without a true big man."

Looking pretty horrible, won't even make the playoffs this year.

pino
    "Shaq and Dwayne Wade are going to be unstoppable.
    I love the Heat even when we sucked. Now we're actually going to take it all the way"

Yep, i wonder who will play the Heat in the Finals?

TrustNo1
    "Lakers are done."

Yep

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread