ShareASale counter is WAY OFF
    OK, I signed up with shareasale and not sure this will work. I got recorded 144 hits (proven!) and shareasale shows only 32. And I'm not PPC (pay-per-click) so how many clicks were there is not an issue, however if this was PPC, I'd cancel sharasale already. I don't know what kind of system they use, but there are other ways to verify and track clicks without their own system showing their numbers.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The default is for unique clicks. If you have not done so, set it to raw clicks to see the actual total recorded.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Do you mean that you had 144 ad clicks and SAS is only showing 32?

I'm not questioning but how can you be sure that there were 144? I believe that SAS only records the first click on an ad from a single IP, although I might be wrong about that.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

Re:
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    The default is for unique clicks. If you have not done so, set it to raw clicks to see the actual total recorded.
    How do I set up "raw clicks"? Actual numbers were: 26 "[Hits/Month] (Which I assume suppose to be unique clicks) and 32 [Hits/Total] which I assume total clicks. The difference is due to me testing it at first.

- I used text code then shortened it with url shortener which you can track clicks with. (from the start). Shortener showed total number of clicks: 144. It can't be that much "play" in between. It's not like same person would click 4+ times at the same link in short amount of time.

Re:
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc View Post
    Do you mean that you had 144 ad clicks and SAS is only showing 32?

I'm not questioning but how can you be sure that there were 144? I believe that SAS only records the first click on an ad from a single IP, although I might be wrong about that.
    See my last reply. (I'm not sure I'm using this board correctly yet )

On "Your Day at a Glance" on the upper right above the list of clicks by merchant, there is this line of text: "This report displays unique clicks per IP address. Show Raw clicks instead."

"Show Raw clicks instead" is a link to change to show raw clicks.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

On "Your Day at a Glance" on the upper right above the list of clicks by merchant, there is this line of text: "This report displays unique clicks per IP address. Show Raw clicks instead."

"Show Raw clicks instead" is a link to change to show raw clicks.
    Thanks, so it's under "Today's Stats". I used "Activity Summary" (second down from the top) which shows the same, but all of it. "Today stats" resets itself to *today*. The clicks in question were done yesterday, and when I select the earlier day and switch to raw clicks, it resets back to today... Which is ridiculous, but it does say "your day at glance", so whatever. I'll test another shortener, and if the shortener is the issue, ok. If still shows huge difference, goodbye sharasale. Seriously. (Thanks for instructions, again).
    Last edited by christian777; July 13th, 2010 at 01:41 AM.

Before you leave, I have found SAS to be the most honest and responsive affiliate network, and the folks here generally agree, voting it the best affiliate network, year after year. They also do more than any other network to keep parasites out.

Also, though I don't check every day, it seems that raw clicks are generally three to four times the amount of unique clicks.

Before you leave, I have found SAS to be the most honest and responsive affiliate network, and the folks here generally agree, voting it the best affiliate network, year after year. They also do more than any other network to keep parasites out.

Also, though I don't check every day, it seems that raw clicks are generally three to four times the amount of unique clicks.
    Thank you. I'm trying different shortener, it could very well be some issue with first one although I don't know how it can count that much over, UNLESS it counts raw clicks which would then make sense. I just didn't think they do that, maybe depends of which one is used.

As far as SAS, thanks for that info too - if I do leave it would be more to do something else instead of being affiliate, I just wanted to make sure clicks are recorded properly, since that's very (most) important part of being affiliate on the web :-).

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread