Affiliate Manager
    Coupon sites problem
    My merchant ID was activated today.
    While I found several coupon sites signed up into our affiliate base.
    I was told that It's better to refuse this kind of sites to be our affiliates.
    But coule some body tell me the reason why this kind of sites should be refused?
    Thanks
    Michael Yin
    Affiliate Manager, LighTake.com (affiliate [at]lightake.com])

15 years and counting
    I was told that It's better to refuse this kind of sites to be our affiliates
    The answer is maybe in your question. Who told you to refuse coupons sites? Is it your competitor?

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The answer is maybe in your question. Who told you to refuse coupons sites? Is it your competitor?
    Some body told me that the coupon sites is not deserved to get the commission like other affiliates. I don't know why.
    Michael Yin

15 years and counting
    More likely your "somebody" don't want you to succeed with your affiliate program.
    Offering coupons to customers is a legitimate way to promote a product. If your merchant has coupons and your affiliates use them, they deserve to get the full commission. Don't listen to your "somebody". It's obvious they don't know the business or they will give you a (good) reason.
    Now, you have many, many, many bad actors in affiliate marketing. Parasites, scammers... You will find them in all and every marketing strategies. As an Affiliate Manager, it's your responsabilty to understand how affiliate marketing works and to get rid of the bad actors. Coupons sites are not worse than many others.

Affiliate Manager
    More likely your "somebody" don't want you to succeed with your affiliate program.
    Offering coupons to customers is a legitimate way to promote a product. If your merchant has coupons and your affiliates use them, they deserve to get the full commission. Don't listen to your "somebody". It's obvious they don't know the business or they will give you a (good) reason.
    Now, you have many, many, many bad actors in affiliate marketing. Parasites, scammers... You will find them in all and every marketing strategies. As an Affiliate Manager, it's your responsabilty to understand how affiliate marketing works and to get rid of the bad actors. Coupons sites are not worse than many others.
    Thanks so much.
    It's a great advise for me to learn about.
    Actually, may I ask from what kind of activities that we can judge a parasite or spammer?
    Michael Yin

15 years and counting
    You have a lot of reading to do at ABW. You can have a look at http://www.abestweb.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=158 and check the different forums
    Also, Michael Coley has some very informative posts in his signature like Merchant Best Practices Forum | Affiliate Friendly Policies | Couponing Tips | How Adware Works |
    Good luck!

Affiliate Manager
    You have a lot of reading to do at ABW. You can have a look at http://www.abestweb.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=158 and check the different forums
    Also, Michael Coley has some very informative posts in his signature like Merchant Best Practices Forum | Affiliate Friendly Policies | Couponing Tips | How Adware Works |
    Good luck!
    Thanks again.
    I have checked MC's articles.
    But, refer to doing, I still need some real behaviors to prove .
    Anyway, thanks for helping me.
    Michael Yin

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread