ABW Ambassador
    Best Voting (Thumbs Up/Down, Stars etc.) Plugin?
    Anybody use anything for voting or thumbs up/down or 1-5 stars kind of thing.

Basically I'm going to have a post with a list

a
    b
    c
    d
    e
    f
    g
    h
    i
    etc

of things and want the readers to be able to vote or star or thumbs up/down. Thanks

Have you tried GD Star Rating? Its pretty good and the developer is really good. I made a suggestion to him, he thought it was a good idea and implemented it in a week or so. Tons of options.

GD Star Rating is a good plugin with lots of features. If you want a simpler one, I suggest Post Star Rating.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, was talking a look at those and don't think that's what I'm looking for. With Post Star Rating, looks like you can rate just the post.

I guess something like when we make a poll here. You input things people can vote on, what I mean.

Let's say I make a post titled - You Favorite Flavor Of Ice Cream with the choices:

Chocolate - I need something here, to the side of the choices, like a star system, up or down thumbs etc.
    Strawberry - ****
    Vanilla - **
    Lemon - ***
    Lime - ****
    etc
    Last edited by Trust; July 16th, 2010 at 06:23 PM.

http and a telephoto
    I don't know of one, it would be a polling instead of a rating one I think. I will be looking into this this weekend.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Can't find anything. Not sure if it's a poll, trying to find a site so people can get a visual of what I'm after, this is close:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=5080208

There is going to be a subject, title of Post

Sometimes only 4 sentences on the page, could be dozens. But I want to have a way where I can see which ones people like the best but not like a poll. That Urban Dictionary example is what I'm after. Thumbs like they have, would work. Or a 1 - 5 rating, star rating etc.
    Last edited by Trust; July 16th, 2010 at 06:35 PM.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Can't find anything. Not sure if it's a poll, trying to find a site so people can get a visual of what I'm after, this is close:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=5080208

There is going to be a subject, title of Post

Sometimes only 4 sentences on the page, could be dozens. But I want to have a way where I can see which ones people like the best but not like a poll. That Urban Dictionary example is what I'm after. Thumbs like they have, would work. Or a 1 - 5 rating, star rating etc.
    Yeah, I understand what you are going after, I can use something like that too. Just trying to think of how to be able to search for plugins that do that.

Could it be possible that you create a post with a question or entry (I assume you're running WP). For example, double rainbow.

Then each comment represents one possible answer. And then use comment rating plugin to let users "rate" the answer and then display / hide answers accordingly?

With theming, I'm sure you can modify it so that it doesn't appear like comments. Somewhat a hack, you disable comments from everyone but authors.

Just a thought. I haven't yet got your idea completely yet.

I'm also thinking about that kind of plugin. Let you choose the best answer on the comment section.
    Last edited by Trust; July 17th, 2010 at 12:33 PM.

I've been searching for the same thing for about a week, I couldn't find anything quite like it.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread