Bounce Rate question ?
    If your site get high bounce rate then your site will be rank down. So what is your technique to prevent high bounce rate?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnight View Post
    If your site get high bounce rate then your site will be rank down. So what is your technique to prevent high bounce rate?
    I'm not sure that's true. One of the sites I run sells custom products, but a lot of folks buy NON custom versions in Staples, Office Max, etc. So we get a TON of bounces since they find us for key terms then realize we don't sell 5 blank widgets, etc, but rather they have to order 50+ widgets with logos, etc.

That said, to the best anyone can measure anymore, we rank Top 5 for the 60 key phrases we SEO for, and tons of longtail. I don't think our 45% bounce rate has hurt us at all.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Kevin, do you if bounce rate takes into account the amount of time spent on a page? I found this definition from google, which makes no mention of time:

Bounce rate is the percentage of single-page visits or visits in which the person left your site from the entrance (landing) page. Use this metric to measure visit quality - a high bounce rate generally indicates that site entrance pages aren't relevant to your visitors. The more compelling your landing pages, the more visitors will stay on your site and convert. You can minimize bounce rates by tailoring landing pages to each keyword and ad that you run. Landing pages should provide the information and services that were promised in the ad copy.
    Seems to me if someone comes to your site, reads an in-depth article or review for 3-4 minutes, and then "bounces" to the merchant to purchase, that shouldn't necessarily count as a bounce. I guess there are good bounces (forward, to the merchant) and bad bounces (back button).

Also, if your affiliate links go through a redirect page for click-tracking purposes, will that count as a bounce, since the customer is now leaving from the redirect page instead of the landing page?
    Your Ad Here.

Actually, the way Page View Duration and Time on Site are currently calculated, they don't even work for bounces. The measure is taken when a visitor clicks on a link and goes deeper. So if they read for 3 minutes, then hit the back button, you get a 0:00 Time on Site.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

First i am not agree "If your site get high bounce rate then your site will be rank down." Bounce rate has nothing to do with ranking. My experience is that organic traffic has low bounce rate then referral sites, SO do SEO bring keywords on first page of search engine and drive organic traffic.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread