Anybody ever had problems with WiredTree?
    I know they've got a great rep, but before I pull the trigger on a new server order, just want to check around and see if anybody has had any kind of persistent problems with them.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

We have a bit of clients that rave all about their services. No complaints. They run a pretty tight ship and have tons of happy customers. I"m sure you'll be satisfied there.

So david did you make the switch to Wired?

I am getting ready to make the plunge with them.

Any feedback?

After 12 hours of server downtime a couple of weeks ago I pulled the plug on hostican and went with wiredtree. Got setup pretty quickly, had some issues transferring my sites using cpanel, but that could have been an issue with hostican blocking a port.

Once I got all the sites transferred, everything has been running fine. I did run into a problem that they block port 3306 in the firewall. I opened a trouble ticket, got a response within a few minutes and they opened the port within 10 minutes.

All in all I'm happy at this point.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I've been with WiredTree since July 2009. Their support is superior. I've never had a problem they haven't solved or a question they haven't answered within 20 minutes to an hour via email. (I guess they have phone support available, but I haven't needed it.)

I have an excellent VPS account with them and really like the company.

BUT -- I believe John Powell had some support or server issues with them with his VPS account a few months ago. As far as I know, they solved John's problems and he's still with them, but I can't say for sure.

Perhaps John will weigh in with his experience and opinion. Give you a bit of variety on the feedback instead of just "wonderful, wonderful." LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

I am thinking of going with the Hybrid servers. All this server stuff is Greek to me so if I move I want it to last for a while and not have to look at this stuff again and need for it to be worry free.

From what it sounds like, they seem to have good support and I need all the hand holding I can get.

I didn't wind up getting another server; I needed it more for the bandwidth allotment than for the hosting itself, and I wound up cracking a deal with an image hosting service. Based on feedback here and elsewhere though, they're probably the one I'll go to when the need arises again.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

I am thinking of going with the Hybrid servers. All this server stuff is Greek to me so if I move I want it to last for a while and not have to look at this stuff again and need for it to be worry free.

From what it sounds like, they seem to have good support and I need all the hand holding I can get.
    Yep I'm still with them in spite of 2 downtimes that were too long in my book. Neither time did Gary have a problem. It seems that it was the luck of the draw and they were hardware failures which could probably happen anywhere.

The main thing is that they were accessible in tech support and seemed to stay on it. Hosting is not really tested until there is a problem, and I'm sticking with them fairly happily.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Hybrid" though. Looked around WiredTree and didn't see that term used, but may have missed it.

Every time a new hosting place comes up I take a comparative look and the result is I feel happy with what you get for the money.

I think I remember you mentioning it somewhere about them being down.

If you look on their top nav bar you'll see:
    (1) Managed Servers
    (2) Managed VPS
    (3) Managed Hybrid

I contacted them on two separate occasions (two diff. people, 6 months apart) and were given the same suggestion to go with hybrid, so perhaps that is what I need. I know it is their latest and newest term, maybe just a fancy overpriced form of VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    I think I remember you mentioning it somewhere about them being down.

If you look on their top nav bar you'll see:
    (1) Managed Servers
    (2) Managed VPS
    (3) Managed Hybrid

I contacted them on two separate occasions (two diff. people, 6 months apart) and were given the same suggestion to go with hybrid, so perhaps that is what I need. I know it is their latest and newest term, maybe just a fancy overpriced form of VPS.
    I remember reading that over now. For anyone that wants to read through their explanation of Hybrid Server it's here.

Looks like you get twice the resources for about double of their VPS. The other data center lingo tends to loose me if I'm not trained up in shopping mode. This is the part that appeals to me:
    Our hybrid servers feature enterprise-level hardware and hot-swap RAID drives which are not available on low-end servers in this price range.
    But then they say this about their VPS which sounds similar:
    the performance and reliability of the hardware is unmatched. To ensure a high level of disk throughput and redundancy, we use 8 Hot-Swap SATA II Raid optimized drives w/ NCQ in battery-backed RAID-10 on each system.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread