Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Abest Web Partner emails becoming frequent
    It seems like the Abest Web Partner emails are becoming very frequent these days. I'm talking about the offers like "Join Legacy Learning Systems Affiliate Program Now!"

When I look at my Abest Web subscription center at http://click.inetinteractive-email.c...on_center.aspx I see I'm only subscribed to ABW Affiliate Marketing Tips, Tools, Techniques, &. Therefore I'm not subscribed to: ABW Merchant Specials, Coupons, or Deals; nor ABW New Affiliate Program Announcements (A Best Web sponsored new program announcements).

Generally I'm ok getting the announcements, but they seem to be very frequent and never really apply to me - a datafeed publisher. From looking at my subscription center it appears that I've already opted out.

So, is there any chance we can decrease the number of "partner" emails or honor the subscription settings?

Those paid email "blasts" are what help pay to "keep the doors open" at ABW. I know we (Jill and I) were able to advertise with one when we subscribed (paid) for our forum for a year. Individually they are not cheap and provide a good bit of revenue.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by iolaire View Post
    When I look at my Abest Web subscription center at http://click.inetinteractive-email.c...on_center.aspx I see I'm only subscribed to ABW Affiliate Marketing Tips, Tools, Techniques, &. Therefore I'm not subscribed to: ABW Merchant Specials, Coupons, or Deals; nor ABW New Affiliate Program Announcements (A Best Web sponsored new program announcements).

Generally I'm ok getting the announcements, but they seem to be very frequent and never really apply to me - a datafeed publisher. From looking at my subscription center it appears that I've already opted out.

So, is there any chance we can decrease the number of "partner" emails or honor the subscription settings?
    I think the point is more that the subscription settings are being ignored. While the emails are a good money maker, when they start to annoy people the value will drop.

Perhaps iNet may want to segment out the subscriptions even more and have smaller, more targeted mailings that can be done.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I never read one of these in 5 years, also they have been block by my spam filter for the past few month's.

I have no problem getting these since it help pay the bills for ABW but in my case I do not reading them and consider them to be just another junk email.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I get so many network emails that the abestweb volume seems small to me by comparison and doesn't bother me.

I haven't used my email slot because I assumed no one was reading them and I didn't want to go through the expense of having it designed. I guess I was right. Unless Beachy sends me a PM saying DO IT!
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Speaking of emails from ABW, this guy:

Sent out an interesting one today
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McWilliams View Post
    Speaking of emails from ABW, this guy:

Sent out an interesting one today
    Nice haircut.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

Much shorter than normal. It's 100 degrees here and my wife like's it shorter...
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Much shorter than normal. It's 100 degrees here and my wife like's it shorter...
    You have less than a month for ASE10. Let it grow man!
    Greg Hoffman

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hoffman Consulting View Post
    You have less than a month for ASE10. Let it grow man!
    If your wife wants it shorter, go all the way. She will either LOVE it, or tell you to grow it back. Now is a great time to try out a new look.

Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

Tax Paying Member
    my wife like's it shorter...
    Authority speaks............................

To keep within the thread, I did read your email today.
    I haven't noticed that many and I do understand the need for cash flow.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hoffman Consulting View Post
    I haven't used my email slot because I assumed no one was reading them and I didn't want to go through the expense of having it designed. I guess I was right. Unless Beachy sends me a PM saying DO IT!
    PM on the way.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

http and a telephoto
    People read them People join programs from them

I don't read them too frequently but I sure did read Legacy Learning Systems email
    Fulltime webmaster and wordpress lover.

If I get an email with the picture on Post#7, I may say to my self...

Ehh, this young ugly punk guy , may want to sell me someting...

But...

If I get an email with the picture on Post#11, I may say to my self...

Hell, how do this old and intimidating ugly bold man , got my email address?

Sorry, Brad!

Brad, it's not only the hairless thing...

It's those blue eyes, that scare me!

Thank you to everyone who replied.

I'm a little newer to the forum so I don't know the full ownership history. I guess my initial post was formed from the standpoint of Abest Web being a community forum, versus a web property owned by a media company. Honestly I expect that type of email from a corporation - i.e. CJ.com, but when I was thinking of Abest Web as community forum I expected less direct solicitation.

Now when I look at the bottom of the page and see all the links to other iNet interactive sites I understand why they would have the time, resources and need to send out the direct email marketing pieces.

I am pretty sure that my head is too pointy to go bald.

I think I would look like a conehead.

Matt McWilliams

Now when I look at the bottom of the page and see all the links to other iNet interactive sites I understand why they would have the time, resources and need to send out the direct email marketing pieces.
    Email ads were always for sale, even when Haiko owned the forum. Bought one through a company I worked with about 2 years ago, and the results were decent. Got publisher interest, but none of the interest really performed much in the program.

There are two issues in this thread that need to be addressed:

1) Frequency of mailings. This is based entirely on the volume of advertising requests we get. If the volume is too high, we might need to raise the price to try to regulate the volume of requests.

2) Honoring of the opt-out status. This absolutely should be done, and I'll have iNET look into this.

On a side note, we're planning on starting a newsletter (separate from the ad drops) that will go out twice a month, highlighting some of the best new threads since the previous newsletter, current events in the industry, and other things. Be watching for the inaugural issue!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    2) Honoring of the opt-out status. This absolutely should be done, and I'll have iNET look into this.
    I had iNET look into this, and you unsubscribed on 7/20, after receiving and opening the Legacy Learning program announcement. You shouldn't receive any more program announcements now that you are unsubscribed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I had iNET look into this, and you unsubscribed on 7/20, after receiving and opening the Legacy Learning program announcement. You shouldn't receive any more program announcements now that you are unsubscribed.
    Thank you, I appreciate you looking into this. I must have clicked over on an unsubscribe link from that email. The landing page on that click showed that I was not subscribed, so they must have just unsubscribed me via the click, sorry for the accusation.
    Last edited by iolaire; July 27th, 2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: minor grammar edit

Just fyi, mine drops this week but its minus a mugshot of me. I can't follow up after Matt's new haircut shot last month.
    Greg Hoffman

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Just fyi, mine drops this week but its minus a mugshot of me. I can't follow up after Matt's new haircut shot last month

Chicken.
    Last edited by sunshiner; August 1st, 2010 at 07:45 PM.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast