Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    .CO Domains Are Alive
    Now available to register. Most of the top stuff already taken during the Land Rush.

I usually don't jump on these novelty things, but I grabbed one for the hell of it.

30 bucks for a domain registration? DANG!
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Me either, but I did just grab one

It's going to be a TM mess out there for the obvious reasons. From what I've read, people looking at the backorders, TM poaching galore.

They did good getting the hype up/marketing. But in the long run, I just don't see it, besides being close to .com.

It's the country code for Columbia, other country codes make more sense to me, more flexible like .tv (obvious) .me, more personal. .us I like.

I'm finding there's a fair number of generic/dictionary words still up for grabs.

I wish this didn't come along on payday, though; I might break down and grab a few more lol.
    Last edited by davidh; July 20th, 2010 at 02:44 PM.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

ABW Ambassador
    I got another one, must stop, it's $30 a pop.

Hey a good one-word dealie should be an easy resell

ABW Ambassador
    That's what I'm telling myself to ease my mind I can always sell them for much more than I paid for them.

Side note, usually when I buy a domain at GoDaddy, get a Order Confirmation pretty instantly followed buy a Domain Registration Confirmation within 15 minutes usually, then it's yours. Because of this, it might take 24-48 hours. The one I reg 15 minutes ago, have the Order Confirmation email but they still show it as available. So will have to wait and see if I actually got those 2.
    Last edited by Trust; July 20th, 2010 at 03:05 PM.

I got my confirmation email right away but they have a disclaimer: Please Note: If you purchased a .CO domain name, please be aware that due to high registration volume, it may take 24-48 hours for the confirmation status email (that tells whether or not your domain was successfully registered) to reach you and for us to activate registered .CO domain names in your Domain Manager.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, maybe I should register more figuring I won't get most of them

ABW Ambassador
    Overstock.com bought o.co for $350,000

.CO Gets Off to a Fast Start - O.CO Sells for $350,000 and Total Registrations Pass the 100,000 Mark Within 30 Minutes of Launch

http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/low...s/20100720.htm

Just what I didn't need to see..lol.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    I got the 2 I put in for and confirmation emails from GoDaddy, whois updated etc. Think that's probably it, unless it's way past midnight and I go looking and find some more. I'm going to try not to.

ABW Ambassador
    To take a little sting out of the price, you can use the coupon code downforce, it'll take $4.50 off the price, bringing it from $29.99 ---> $25.49

I should have used it for mine.
    Last edited by Trust; July 20th, 2010 at 06:52 PM.

Price list from Namecheap: $22.98/yr, up to 5 years.

I do hope that tld is really worth the cost. It's three times what you would spend for a com, net, or org domain.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by affilorama View Post
    I do hope that tld is really worth the cost. It's three times what you would spend for a com, net, or org domain.
    Probably not, unless you register a very generic term that gets a lot of type in traffic, or should I say mistaken type in traffic. Or resell them, which many people will do, some will make out great. Others, probably lost their shirt tonight.

This was before I caught the bug for buying domains but people forget the .cm domain - http://techcrunch.com/2009/07/08/pre...in-typos-soon/

I don't even here about those anymore.

They did some great marketing, got a lot of people buying into it, got me for two. I think I might be able to sell those, so might make some money, if not, not a big loss.

You can develop them and get free traffic from the search engines, you can do that with any extension tho. I've seen .fm, .us. even the lowly .ws ranking just fine.

But, I'm done with this extension.

Even without considering typo potential, the .co kinda seems like it has branding viability.

I doubt overstock.com went chasing after o.cm or o.biz or o.us or o.info

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Even without considering typo potential, the .co kinda seems like it has branding viability.

I doubt overstock.com went chasing after o.cm or o.biz or o.us or o.info
    http://www.o.biz/ Overstock.com

Actually looking at that one, it's focused on businesses, not consumers, so it works with that extension I guess. I think with some of these other extensions, it's hard to get the single character . whatever. Some hold on to them and not really out in the public. I've tried putting some random single character or 2 characters into GoDaddy and it won't let me do that. I always get "is an invalid name." Somebody who has been doing this longer probably knows why.

Found something as far as that - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-...d-level_domain
    Last edited by Trust; July 21st, 2010 at 02:42 AM.

Another country code (Columbia) being misused?
    :coffeetim

I picked up a handful during early registration but I didn't pay for the land rush, which I believe was $100's per domain. Here are a couple that I had at GoDaddy during early registration, but that I didn't end up with:

cookinggames.co <-- Just for you Trust
    swineflu.co
    debtadvice.co
    datingsites.co
    cybermonday.co <--- I really wish I had shelled out the bucks for the landrush on this one.

But, I did pick up a few, not sure what I'm going to do with them, any suggestions? I'm the proud owner of :

oilspill.co
    weatherforcast.co
    halitosis.co <--- :-)

and a couple of generic product name domains that I know what I will do with.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    "oilspill.co"

Build that out as an anti - BP site. Then sell it to BP for much money. Or they might buy it straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    "oilspill.co"

Build that out as an anti - BP site. Then sell it to BP for much money. Or they might buy it straight up.
    Its a nice domain name, probably the best of the bunch. I have never created a domain that was more general interest and not e-commerce. I guess this could be B2B, or maybe B2C if someone has an oil spill in their garage... Adwords keyword tool says [oil spill] gets 1.5 million searches a month in the United States.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    You're going to get paid on that one. The cleanup they say can take years. I wasn't joking about BP. They've been spending big money on Adwords and buying up domains from what I've read. Trying to control the message as much as possible. Yep. 1.5 million exact match in the U.S. Strike soon with that domain.

Yeah, most of the folks searching with "oil spill"-related phrases probably aren't looking for tips on how to clean up a mess in their garage.

There's a place on Shareasale with anti-BP t-shirts; their EPC looks pretty solid

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    But, I did pick up a few, not sure what I'm going to do with them, any suggestions? I'm the proud owner of :

oilspill.co
    weatherforcast.co
    halitosis.co <--- :-)

and a couple of generic product name domains that I know what I will do with.
    oilspill.co you can probably sell and retire on. But you misspelled forecast
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast