Question Facebook and Affiliate Marketing
    I have read in the forum various comments about Facebook. Some saying it has helped drive traffic and sales. Others saying it produced few results for them.

I don't do Facebook or MySpace. However, I am considering signing up. So, I have a few questions.

How can one use Facebook or MySpace to drive traffic to their site? How can one use Facebook or MySpace to help a site or sites become more productive? Are there any "tricks" to using Facebook or MySpace as a positive Affiliate Marketing Tool?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated? Thanks in advance.

I HAVE found facebook and twitter to be useful (I don't use any others) in promoting my site and merchant program. Basically, whatever I do that is new with the program or site, I post it on there. Anything I write about on ABW that is in my program's forum, I post it on there.

I have noticed that both affiliates AND people who purchase checks from our site as well, follow my website's facebook and Twitter accounts . Since some of the people that follow me are customers, I also feature products occasionally to peek their interest. This is also beneficial to the affiliates because I often feature products that are hot sellers or that people have expressed a specific interest in.

I always say, it doesn't hurt to try. If it helps you, great! If not, then you only wasted a half hour (give or take depending on how much you do to start) setting it up and a few minutes now and then posting on it and commenting on your followers posts.

I also use my twitter account when I am at conferences for contests and promotions in which I would sometimes need to let people following know where I am or what I am doing. It worked and got quite a bit of attention.

As for "tricks" the only one I really use is to link my twitter account into my facebook account so that when I "tweet" something it will automatically post to my facebook account so I wouldn't have to do both separately.

I hope this helps you to decide either way.
    Jill Swartwout, President
    Beaches and Towns Network, Inc

When filling a cup, every little drop helps. Facebook is not so hard to do and it's free to put up a page for your business. Posting one update a day is enough and as more people come to "like" your page, they would likely be posting there, too, so you won't be hard-pressed for content on your facebook page.
    And there's an application that automatically tweets your facebook posts. So you can kill two birds with one stone.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Quote Originally Posted by affilorama View Post
    When filling a cup, every little drop helps. Facebook is not so hard to do and it's free to put up a page for your business. Posting one update a day is enough and as more people come to "like" your page, they would likely be posting there, too, so you won't be hard-pressed for content on your facebook page.
    And there's an application that automatically tweets your facebook posts. So you can kill two birds with one stone.
    agree

JILL - Wow! Thank you very much. That explanation was very helpful. I went to your Facebook page to better understand what you meant and got a idea of what I need to do. Again, thanks. Your response answered most everything I was wanting to know.

AFFILORAMA - I agree. Every little bit helps. I can't believe it's July 2010 and I just signed up for Facebook last night. I am so far behind on this modern technology stuff. Thanks!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread