Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    cj updates and sales
    do cj updates appear to affect your sales?

    is it up or down?

    when do you see any changes? before the update, the day before, on the day itself, the day after, or afterwards?


    what i'm driving at is... whatever current parasitic technology out there that is still working may be gaming the cj updates to avoid being detected by cj.


    i would recommend that cj conducts frequent random and unannounced tests of its technology, not just during or after an update - so that any anomaly can be spotted.



    also, i think whatever parasites still working right now are good at hiding by only skimming our clicks and sales, and not stealing everything. this may explain why sales surges on some days and disappear on others. i have also seen data that may suggest that our codes are being replaced partially on our pages. not definitive data but it is enough to suggest something like that.
    Last edited by waytogo; July 20th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador ladidah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,888
    Do you see something in your stats that make you conclude that there is something going on?

    I was just looking at my stats for this month and there is this one day that totally stands out. It is just out of the norm, the impressions for my merchants were higher than usual and so were the clicks, yet the sales were lower than usual. Traffic were bit higher too. Things like that made me me wonder and think... "what's up with that?"

    Regarding their random tests, unless you have internal info, we don't really know how often they conduct tests and what exactly they do in their back end do we? It is definitely in their best interest to keep a tight ship like any other networks because if we don't make money, they don't either.

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    if we don't make money, they don't either.
    not so.

    if we don't make money, rogue affiliates do!

    and so do cj.
    Last edited by waytogo; July 20th, 2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: ...

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    You just posted the same thing in the other thread - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...82#post1032282

    It's like 90% of your posts.

    "i have also seen data that may suggest that our codes are being replaced partially on our pages. not definitive data but it is enough to suggest something like that."

    ? How is that even possible.

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    January 11th, 2010
    still slow.
    i'm more concerned about sales being tracked to other affiliate accounts than tracking per se

    take a month off come back -
    cj sales slow
    it appears like the clicks aren't even tracked

    feels like there's some switch somewhere that can be turned on and off.

    you'll get your turn at the bad servers.

    the worst competitor one can have is somebody who is, or was, an insider.
    because they know how to defeat the system.

    something a rogue affiliate would love us to think. this way, they wouldn't be caught.
    i feel like somebody somewhere is getting fat from my tons of traffic.

    take a few monts off, come back -
    was the transaction posted in another affiliate account? or wasn't it tracked at all?

    parasites evolve.
    and they're less likely to be spotted these days because of the lesser number of transactions than before.

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    All your posts from this year, same as every other year you've been here.

    If you think CJ and the parasites have been doing this to you all this time, why not just close your account and only work thru the "clean networks" ?
    Last edited by Trust; July 20th, 2010 at 08:57 PM.

  7. #7
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    trust

    are you trying to respond to the update issue? or are you trying to discredit the bearer of the idea? makes me wonder sometimes which side are you on, whether on parasites or on honest affiliates.

  8. #8
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    All your posts from this year, same as every other year you've been here.

    If you think CJ and the parasites have been doing this to you all this time, why not just close your account and only work thru the "clean networks" ?

    a parasite hiding something would certainly want me to go away. lol

  9. #9
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    You discredit yourself. Those are all posts of yours I put in the other post of mine. Read them. It's straight up paranoia. And there have been times over the years, you say you see this and that in your stats, I say post them and not once have you backed up anything you've ever posted. I have and you remember one of them when there was actually a widespread tracking problem with CJ. I posted screenshots. But that was many years ago and they admitted the problem and bonused people's accounts.

    And your post doesn't make sense above

    "i have also seen data that may suggest that our codes are being replaced partially on our pages. not definitive data but it is enough to suggest something like that."

    What data??? Post it.

  10. #10
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    you're going into "labelling" :-)

    ... trying to discredit the bearer to avoid the issue.
    Last edited by waytogo; July 20th, 2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: ...

  11. #11
    ABW Ambassador ladidah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,888
    waytogo, I see it as it's all part of the biz. You will get dishonest merchants, bad networks, affiliates copying your stuff, merchants getting a large order and claiming some lame excuse so they don't have to pay you a large commission, etc. The reasons and excuses are endless that they come up with. But I see it as part of the biz and factor that in. I move on and try to earn umpteen times more so that the loss would be tiny compared to my gain.

    If you owned a B&M store with actual products and customers, you would also have a type of loss like - damaged goods, default payments, bad credit cards, returned used products, etc. In the AM world it is similar. Focus your energy on making more revenue and the loss will be small in comparison.

  12. #12
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    you also make me appear like i am slamming cj, which i am not.

  13. #13
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    ladilah, i am not looking for excuses. i am looking for solutions.

  14. #14
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    I'm trying to get you to back up your posts with actual evidence. That's not avoiding the issue. And "labelling", not the first time you used that either -

    "you just said it, "it's huge"
    so what is it, 49%?

    i've read one article quoting an insider say it's "more than 50%"

    the percentage you're talking about relates to the whole industry. but for individual affiliates, there will be many who will be affected 100%.

    if it's HUGE, then that is no exageration anymore. unless you want to turn a blind eye to it. why?"

    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...ight=labelling

    You actually posted you think there are affiliates who are affected 100%. That's paranoid. You use labelling later in that thread.

  15. #15
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    And "labelling", not the first time you used that either -
    not the first time you used that tactic either.

  16. #16
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    And the only reason I post when you post up this kind of nonsense, is so we don't have any new people coming into this industry grabbing the crutches you're trying to hand out. It hasn't helped you all these years, won't help them.

    Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    not the first time you used that tactic either.
    Yes, the horrible tactic of me wanting you to actually post up what you got, some kind of detail to back what you're saying. Not once in all these years have you. Because it's hard to post up imaginary stuff. But go ahead, if it gets you by in some way, have at it.
    Last edited by Trust; July 20th, 2010 at 09:19 PM.

  17. #17
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    ... is so we don't have any new people coming into this industry grabbing the crutches you're trying to hand out.

    why are you so afraid of that idea?

    new affiliates have the right to know and learn about parasites, past and present.

    you want to shut them out of the loop so parasites can have new recruits to feast over?

  18. #18
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    You did that in the other thread about PPC as well. Of course learn about everything in this industry. But don't use it as a crutch like you do. Don't post paranoid nonsense like some affiliates are affected 100% by parasites. Do you actually still believe that?

  19. #19
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    You did that in the other thread about PPC as well. Of course learn about everything in this industry. But don't use it as a crutch like you do. Don't post paranoid nonsense like some affiliates are affected 100% by parasites. Do you actually still believe that?
    as long as there are parasites, a 100% effect on some affiliates is a good possibility.

    do you really believe there are no more parasites? or you just want us to believe that?

  20. #20
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    as long as there are parasites, a 100% effect on some affiliates is a good possibility.

    do you really believe there are no more parasites? or you just want us to believe that?
    Of course I didn't say that there are no more parasites, unless you're seeing things again. Use these things " " called quotes. I do that when I quote you.

    Yes, there are parasites out there, always have been.

    You use them as a crutch as evidence by 90% of your posts, just a sample in this thread. People can read your other posts to understand what I'm talking about.

    "as long as there are parasites, a 100% effect on some affiliates is a good possibility."

    No, it's not. That would mean that 100% of people visiting your sites have some sort of parasite on their computer. It's crazy thinking.

  21. #21
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    That would mean that 100% of people visiting your sites have some sort of parasite on their computer. It's crazy thinking.
    was i referring to my site?

  22. #22
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    ...Use these things " " called quotes. I do that when I quote you.
    don't i?

    maybe you're the one seeing things. :-))

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2007
    Posts
    55
    I agree somewhat with what waytogo is saying & don't think he's "paranoid" however I haven't come to any conclusions.

    Here's what I've noticed lately:

    - Days with very slow sales, sometimes they catch up the following day & we have a "Record day"
    - In the last month we had 7 abnormally low days - 3rd, 6th, 9th 12th, 16-18th.
    - We had an abnormally high day on the 13th
    - Since the 19th things have been pretty consistent for us
    - On the low days it seems to be particular merchants that normally perform well stop performing at all

    Be wary that this ain't enough data to make assumptions but I'd be keen to see if others notice any similar patterns

    Cheers

  24. #24
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,608
    to stay in business, you have to keep up, or if possible, stay ahead of the competition or other issues that can affect your business.

    anybody disagrees with that?


    trust wants to label it as paranoid, because, maybe, well, what can i say, trust is a parasite-lover. lol

  25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. CJ Updates?
    By mweidner2782 in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 16th, 2007, 10:42 PM
  2. Cj's updates
    By SSanf in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 29th, 2003, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •