Exclamation Why I got no Conversions?
    I used advertise.com to advertise an affiliate campaign for a free credit report. I got just over 250 clicks and nothing! Has anyone else found this service worthless? I have just started to branch out of Google, Yahoo, and adCenter for my advertising and am wondering how good is the traffic. I guess I just assumed that since "I" designed the ad with specific details it would only attract clicks for people who are interested in my ad. But according to this data, it is not so. Maybe advertise.com has fraud clicks?

I also just signed up with MIVA.com. Has anyone found conversions from MIVA?

Any input would be great, thanks in advance

Your question about conversions needs some context to get any valid advice. Were your 250 clicks for the first day or over the course of a month? Does your site have content that would attract people who might be interested in a credit report? Is this just a banner posted amidst unrelated content or other banners? How old is your site? What percentage of your visitors clicked this ad? Have you thought about requesting a site review to get useful feedback?

Thank you for your replies, they were great help.

the thing is not that you got visitors, or clicks, the thing is that you must have some valuable thing in your website, that must have good content and do have attractive and professional look, which appear professional to the users.

Affiliate Manager
    You will need to be very careful with targeting, you might get 250 unique from a non relevant origin that is the same as nothing.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria B View Post
    You will need to be very careful with targeting, you might get 250 unique from a non relevant origin that is the same as nothing.

Good Luck!
    yes you are right targeting location most important thing, once it happend with me, my target place was other, but i was getting traffic from some where else,,, that get me big problem, then i controlled that by checking my all previous report..

CPA Network Rep
    One of the reasons you may have received over 250 clicks and haven't sold anything is because your creative may be misleading. A lot of people have this problem because their banner, emailer, etc, is very attractive and makes consumers want to buy the product, but once they get to the landing page, it wasn't what they expected so they decide not to buy. That doesn't mean that its a poor product. More often than not, its because the cost is much higher than anticipated, or the consumer didn't realize what they were looking at, such as when an advertisement seems like its for a seminar but its actually for an ebook. I would take a second look at your advertisements and make sure that its clear what the product and costs are, that way you can get an accurate assessment about the quality and effectiveness of your promotion.

Personally, I decided to experiment a little.

I don't know what the format of your site looks like, but after I improved the bounce rate on my sales letter sites but still was making no sales, I decided to also feature my product on my regular copywriting website.

As someone else on the forum mentioned, it may be your content, but it may also be the general impression your site makes on people when they get there.

Hope this helps.

Creatives and landing pages are very important to converting your traffic. I agree with all of the statements above.

Do not give up on your efforts, try some new creatives, new landing pages, and if you are working with a network or advertiser that will not supply you with multiples of both and/or build new ones for you specifically, then consider running a different offer.

it is not only important that you website is coming on the top pages of search engines, you website design, your content, and your brands and services also effect great on you conversions..

Exclamation They are all right
    I agree with everyone, but you know the weird thing I've learned from my friend. Alot of things just take timing and knowledge. Knowledge in the sense of who you know and how much you have to spend to get people knowledge about you or your product. My friend has dubbed himself king of failure because no matter how many business he start he always fails. incredibly he still continues to churn ideas and take a wack at it. He works a second job just so he can have that extra money for his endeavors. Another thing it takes is timing, you know groupon? Well he had a site like that but it got no steam at all. no matter how hard he promoted, guess he didnt promote hard enough. now he has created tweetergames. he currently pays a random person on friday $25 to retweet him. He advertises on facebook alot, about $5/day budget, however im yet to see the ad lol. But none the less, only like 30 people actually play it. he tells people to get his followers to 10,000 and he will pay the winner $50. Its been almost 4 months, he just reached 2000 followers.
    I can tell he looks like hes ready to throw in the towel but i always tell him to just hang in there. i felt bad for him, i actually pay for his vip membership to sort of give him that encouragement.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    relevance is key
    Wow Vlad, that`s very nice of you to do for your friend.

Dundigidy - Welcome to ABW. It's great that you are willing to take the time to assess what has gone wrong and receive/consider feedback in order to improve what you're doing for better results. Like Vlad said (in other words), many times you have to turn over a lot of rocks before you find a diamond.

Also I echo Merchant Consultant's sentiment (and everyone in that thread linked from their post) re: buying 2nd tier traffic. In 2nd tier PPC programs, you have no idea where the clicks are coming from and the traffic is often not targeted. You need targeted traffic to help grow conversion.

Your best bet is to develop/strategize unique ways of reaching a defined target audience. Think about who the market is and where they would be most likely to be in a state of mind to tune in to your offer. Focus on developing relevant content for that market, and find ways to get your clicks in places that makes sense for the brands/products/services you are promoting; where you know the traffic coming through is relevant to the product/service.

Good luck.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    note to self: check thread date before replying.

Hopefully someone will benefit from the discussion.

Thank you all for the replies..it was lot of good information..

Quote Originally Posted by VladC View Post
    I agree with everyone, but you know the weird thing I've learned from my friend. Alot of things just take timing and knowledge. Knowledge in the sense of who you know and how much you have to spend to get people knowledge about you or your product. My friend has dubbed himself king of failure because no matter how many business he start he always fails. incredibly he still continues to churn ideas and take a wack at it. He works a second job just so he can have that extra money for his endeavors. Another thing it takes is timing, you know groupon? Well he had a site like that but it got no steam at all. no matter how hard he promoted, guess he didnt promote hard enough. now he has created tweetergames. he currently pays a random person on friday $25 to retweet him. He advertises on facebook alot, about $5/day budget, however im yet to see the ad lol. But none the less, only like 30 people actually play it. he tells people to get his followers to 10,000 and he will pay the winner $50. Its been almost 4 months, he just reached 2000 followers.
    I can tell he looks like hes ready to throw in the towel but i always tell him to just hang in there. i felt bad for him, i actually pay for his vip membership to sort of give him that encouragement.

still he didnt fetch out the problem,, that what is that??? if he is working hard and have good promotion and every thing.. may be the traffic coming to him is not of value??

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread