Multiple Authors Wordpress theme
    Hello guys,

Not really looking for Wordpress MU themes but looking for themes for single-user Wordpress blog. I wish to allow users to register and "Contribute" on my blog. Is there any free or paid premium Wordpress theme or custom designed Wordpress website that you can recommend? My main requirement is that it should have all the necessary plugins included with the theme so that people can join as contributor and publish articles.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Regards,
    Adarsh.
    Fulltime webmaster and wordpress lover.

http and a telephoto
    I'm not sure what you mean, but Buddy Press will let you do that. Also there is a plugin that I am going to be using called Gravity Forms that allows you to set a template for posting, so that posted contributed can have a specific format. You can moderate posts made using the form or you can set them to go live as soon as posted.

Other than that, what you want to do is already built into Wordpress. You would just create a page where you specify what you require from contributors and then you allow people to join your site and you set their level to Contributor or Author.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean...
    I'm looking for a theme which is pre-coded with all the necessary codes/plugins and has all the bells and jingles like this blog .. shoutmeloud.com
    Right on the home page, it has gravatar that displays author's image, social networking (retweet, facebook, etc.), author introduction, etc.

I can code all of this on my own but it is going to take weeks for me to put everything together and I'm already working on two new custom Wordpress blogs. I don't really have time to code another one so looking for some readymade solution
    Also there is a plugin that I am going to be using called Gravity Forms that allows you to set a template for posting, so that posted contributed can have a specific format. You can moderate posts made using the form or you can set them to go live as soon as posted.
    Wow, that sounds interesting. I will try this plugin on my local installation. Thanks for sharing Loxly.
    Other than that, what you want to do is already built into Wordpress. You would just create a page where you specify what you require from contributors and then you allow people to join your site and you set their level to Contributor or Author.
    Taking contributions isn't any headache at all. It is just an option and all you have to do is just activate that option. I'm looking for a little better solution in terms of a better WP-Login.php page, better looking WP registration page. I have done similar stuff on another blog of mine but it is very time consuming. Hope I can find some ready-made solution.

Thanks for the suggestions loxly, appreciate it
    Regards.

http and a telephoto
    That site is using a highly customized Thesis theme. I don't know if they bought the customization in a standard package or not. If you do a search for customized Thesis you might be able to find it, there are a lot of companies that create "skins" for Thesis.
    Deborah Carney

That's a good idea loxly. I'm falling short of keywords to search because no matter which way I put it, the results point to Wordpress MU themes and I really don't wish to use MU. But may be if I search Thesis skins, I may get somewhere with my search.

Please keep suggesting anything that you think might help me. I'm going nuts finding what I'm looking for. Appreciate your help a lot.

Regards,
    Adarsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Adarsh View Post
    Please keep suggesting anything that you think might help me. I'm going nuts finding what I'm looking for. Appreciate your help a lot.
    How about the free Subtle theme for WordPress?
    http://blog.gluedideas.com/downloads/subtle/

Subtle is the first public theme released by Frazier Media (originally Glued Ideas). Designed for sites that have multiple authors, Subtle also makes use of WordPress Widgets, making customization a snap.
    Check the link above for features & installation instructions

License and Links

Unless otherwise specified, all content is made available under the Creative Commons License. Subtle uses Fam Fam Famís Silk Icons.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Hi Rhia,

Nice looking theme. I just installed it on localhost and going through the theme options to see how a new user can register and contribute.

Let's see if this is a good solution to what I'm trying to do. Thank you for the recommendation Rhia

Appreciate your help.

Regards.

I recommend that you custom design, Adarsh. I know, you said it would take time. But that will be worth it. Using creative commons theme means you have to attribute. Not good SEO wise. Well, depends on how strict you want to be with your link flow.

Custom coding Thesis theme is likely to take as much time. But if you need some functions that are already there, it probably is the way to go. But don't forget there are many other theme frameworks out there. Some of them are even free.

Besides, you don't need to start with a perfect theme. You can always add more features as you go... unless you already have a busy site.

I apologize I don't have any specific recommendation. But I do think you should start with something you are already familiar with. Adding gravatar and image post are not that hard.

Those are very good suggestions hdlee and I agree with you that custom designing is the best way to go. But for that I will have to wait at least another couple of months, which I don't really wish to. So, I'll continue with my search for some free or paid wordpress theme/site that can do the job.

Thanks for your suggestions hdlee, much appreciated

Regards.

http and a telephoto
    Adarsh, the site you meantioned above with the theme you like has a services page where they list that they do Thesis customizations. They might not give you exactly what they have, but they seem to already have what you are looking for and could probably build it. Other than looking at their site from the link you gave, I have no idea if they are good at what they do or not, but it seems worth an email to request a quote.
    Deborah Carney

Hello loxly,

I thought of that but I'm also thinking, it wouldn't be too nice to ask them, "I need a blog that looks exactly like your blog and has exactly the same functionality like your blog".

They will be like .. WTF

Jokes apart, I will check with them if they were to code a blog for me how much will they charge.

Regards.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread