ABW Ambassador
    After the display of "malarkey" I witnessed in the L$ thread and the recently diverted CJ thread, it occurred to me that people must be making money networking with ABW members in private. Rather than engaging the full membership in an exchange of ideas in threads that get out of control they must be using PM, IM and Email.

If true, that is not good for any board........

I may be wrong but I saw that happen at WmW where the most senior people just disappeared over time and ended up getting together via IM and Email or in password protected fora in order to avoid the noise.

I think people don't want to share the exact method of how they make money, and it makes sense of course. Because by revealing all your 'secrets' , you get more competitors doing the exact same thing and eventually you will earn less money.

I disagree it's not good for the board. I think it has been the same in the past and still the board is growing fast.

If that was a board about pets or something like that, everybody would share everything. But that will never happen on boards that are about making money.

You can avoid most of the noise that way, as well as avoiding accidentally exposing some of the ways that you earn money. If you get involved in some of these public displays of winning contests, etc, you end up getting PM's from people you never heard of, telling you how great it is you won and can they see your site to see how you did it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Merchant Consultant Team:
    After the display of "malarkey" I witnessed in the L$ thread and the recently diverted CJ thread, it occurred to me that people must be making money networking with ABW members in private. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't see the connection.

I think both are probably true (the malarkey/diversion and networking in private), but I don't see a connection. It sounds like you're implying that the later is causing the first. If anything, I think the signal to noise ratio may be increasing the desire for people to network privately.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I agree with Michael, and I am actively trying to reduce the noise, we've really gotta get "on the same track" with the issues that affect our incomes. I couldn't give a flying fudge which network or merchant is responsible but whoever they are, they need to be held accountable and asked what their position is so that affiliates can make an educated decision with regard to whom they partner with.

The networks have been getting away with waaay too much for waaay to long, this has to and will stop, I GUARANTEE it. Then we can get back to the main thrust of helping one another (without divulging secrets) and discussing merchants and our daily issues.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

How can you guarantee it? The networks need these parasites to attract the big names, do you think Wal-Mart or some of these merchants want to wait on us lowly affiliates to create pages for them, wait for them to get indexed and MAYBE pull in some traffic and then maybe get some sales? They want the big numbers fast, they don't want to have to wait a few months to see what happens, they want results now, and the parasites give it to them. The networks have always needed this ability to start cranking the sales that same day. Then, they need to keep the sales levels up, if they shut the parasites off, there's no guarantee that the affiliates could take up the slack, and the big merchants spending the big bucks will go somewhere else.
    This will be stopped in court, or, when we have the ability to drive the same numbers when they drop the parasites.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Too many ego's. Too much bickering off the topic at hand. ABW cannot provide a united front. You have the same half dozen people who post in most threads and the holier than thou attitude has to stop!

Once people can learn to provide real insight into a discussion then things might get on track but til then good luck!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread