Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience,

"Isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore!

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners."

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports.

yes, I remember....

seems Al Gore and his buddies... still dont understand!

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

That is crazy, too bad Ollie didn't have his way. America will reap what our government sows.
    Matt

Unfortunately, it's a hoax. Here's a message from Oliver North (I think it's real) posted on one of the many anti-hoax websites:

FROM THE DESK OF LTCOL OLIVER L. NORTH (USMC) RET.
    NOVEMBER 28, 2001

OVER THE COURSE OF THE LAST SEVERAL WEEKS, I HAVE RECEIVED SEVERAL THOUSAND E-MAILS FROM EVERY STATE IN THE U.S. AND 13 FOREIGN COUNTRIES IN WHICH THE ORIGINATOR PURPORTS TO HAVE RECENTLY VIEWED A VIDEOTAPE OF MY SWORN TESTIMONY BEFORE A CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE IN 1987.

A COPY OF ONE OF THOSE E-MAILS IS ATTACHED BELOW. AS YOU WILL NOTE, THE ORIGINATOR ATTRIBUTES TO ME CERTAIN STATEMENTS REGARDING USAMA BIN LADEN AND OTHER MATTERS THAT ARE SIMPLY INACCURATE. THOUGH I WOULD LIKE TO CLAIM THE GIFT OF PROPHESY, I DON'T HAVE IT.

I DON'T KNOW WHO SAW WHAT VIDEO "AT UNC." (OR ANYWHERE ELSE) BUT, FOR THE RECORD, HERE'S WHAT I DO KNOW:

1. IT WAS THE COMMITTEE COUNSEL, JOHN NIELDS, NOT A SENATOR WHO WAS DOING THE QUESTIONING.

2. THE SECURITY SYSTEM, INSTALLED AT MY HOME, JUST BEFORE I MADE A VERY SECRET TRIP TO TEHRAN, COST, ACCORDING TO THE COMMITTEE, $16K, NOT $60K.

3. THE TERRORIST WHO THREATENED TO KILL ME IN 1986, JUST BEFORE THAT SECRET TRIP TO TEHRAN, WAS NOT USAMA BIN LADEN, IT WAS ABU NIDAL (WHO WORKS FOR THE LIBYANS -- NOT THE TALIBAN AND NOT IN AFGHANISTAN).

4. I NEVER SAID I WAS AFRAID OF ANYBODY. I DID SAY THAT I WOULD BE GLAD TO MEET ABU NIDAL ON EQUAL TERMS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BUT THAT I WAS UNWILLING TO HAVE HIM OR HIS OPERATIVES MEET MY WIFE AND CHILDREN ON HIS TERMS.

5. I DID SAY THAT THE TERRORISTS INTERCEPTED BY THE FBI ON THE WAY TO MY HOUSE IN FEB. 87 TO KILL MY WIFE, CHILDREN AND ME WERE LIBYANS, DISPATCHED FROM THE PEOPLE'S COMMITTEE FOR LIBYAN STUDENTS IN MCLEAN, VIRGINIA.

6. AND I DID SAY THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAD MOVED MY FAMILY OUT OF OUR HOME TO A MILITARY BASE (CAMP LEJEUNE, NC) UNTIL THEY COULD DISPATCH MORE THAN 30 AGENTS TO PROTECT MY FAMILY FROM THOSE TERRORISTS (BECAUSE A LIBERAL FEDERAL JUDGE HAD ALLOWED THE LYBIAN ASSASSINS TO POST BOND AND THEY FLED).

7. AND, FYI: THOSE FEDERAL AGENTS REMAINED AT OUR HOME UNTIL I RETIRED FROM THE MARINES AND WAS NO LONGER A "GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL." BY THEN, THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT HAD SPENT MORE THAN $2M PROTECTING THE NORTH FAMILY. THE TERRORISTS SENT TO KILL US WERE NEVER RE-APPREHENDED.

SEMPER FIDELIS,
    OLIVER L. NORTH
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

ABW Ambassador
    Not surprising that no one remembers it. But the right-wing nitwits behind it hope that if enough people see this type of trash they will believe it to be true.

It's easy to be sucked into this trap. Good to see it posted again so more people will know to be wary when they see this type of stuff posted.

The sad thing is that few remember the reason behind the Iran-Contra hearings & the slap in the face democracy took from Oliver North & his boss.

Wayne

I am still trying to find out if the DAMN thing is a hoax or not!

A friend sent it to me.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    :muttering: Too bad we all don't come equipped with an automatic fact checker.

If it ain't on a major news feed guys, assume it's propaganda. It's an election year...prepare to be played.

ABW Ambassador
    Variations of this hoax have been circulating for a few years. I'm surprised it hasn't been updated again to make Sen. Kerry the fool.

Wayne

"If it ain't one a major news feed guys, assume it's propaganda."

There's plenty of propaganda in the mainstream "major" media too. They all have their own agendas and political biases. Some are downright liars.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

The sure giveway for almost every hoax is that they ask for you to forward it to everyone you know. I've only seen a handful of emails that said to forward it that WEREN'T hoaxes.

Plenty of great places to check to see if something is a hoax or not. Snopes.com is my favorite.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners."

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This part isn't a hoax, it's just mistaken identity. Different guy, similar name.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

SandraR

It’s definitely a hoax... Ollie has been trying to put
    this thing to rest for years but it just won’t go away...

Here’s the link to his explanation... from his own site...

http://www.olivernorth.com/benladen.htm

It is pretty much the same text posted above by missdonna
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

Thanks webpartner,

Guess I will stick to passing around JOKES! Jokes are more fun to pass around anyway!

Yup, I distinctly remember it was Abu Nidal that Oliver North commented on. Bin Laden didn't really become a major figure until after the first Gulf War.

A good debunker of this type of hoax is something like Google Groups - because each post is dated and you can search by date, you can nail down when something came into the public conciousness. According to http://www.google.com/googlegroups/a...nounce_20.html the first mention of Bin Laden was in August 1993. It's a great research tool in that respect.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    &gt;The sad thing is that few remember the reason
    &gt;behind the Iran-Contra hearings & the slap in
    &gt;the face democracy took from Oliver North &
    &gt;his boss.

http://www.oregonpeaceworks.org/site...1148&Itemid=86

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> &gt;The sad thing is that few remember the reason
    &gt;behind the Iran-Contra hearings & the slap in
    &gt;the face democracy took from Oliver North &
    &gt;his boss.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sader than that, is that few understand that the founders of this country created a Republic, not a democracy, was never intended to be a democracy and supposedly the founders despised democracies. No less sad is the ignorance of jurors as to the authority they have to nullify laws, our ignorance of the rights guaranteed to us in the Constitution, ignorance of the federal reserve and the parasites that operate it, the treason being committed thruout all levels of government, the enforcement of illegal laws, the deceit and manipulation of both major parties, the complete sellout of the country to the new world order by our prostitute, traitorus leaders, the brainwashing and dumbing down of our educational system, the perversion of our ethical and moral foundations, the redefining of the words of our vocabulary by legislating judges who have no authority by real law whatsoever to legislate and a congress that allows it, etc etc etc!

Having said all that, it's still the best ship afloat which speaks volumes for the founding concepts. It has lost a lot and still theres no where else on earth I'd rather be. Wonder if my great grandchildren will be able to say that at my age. At the rate its going and in the name of peace and safety, I doubt it.

Benjamin Franklin was quoted as saying: "a man who is willing to give up a portion of his freedom for a portion of security, deserves neither freedom nor security"!

Willie Nelson said: "Ya know that white spot on the top of chicken poop? It's chicken poop too."

Put another way, a merchant or network willing to give up a portion of their credibility for a portion of parasite traffic, deserves neither credibility nor traffic.
    Mash Your Motor!

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Of course its a hoax, have you guys forgotten your history, Osama Bin Laden was being supported and paid by the US up until at least April 14, 1988, when "The United States, the Soviet Union, Pakistan, and Afghanistan sign an agreement in Geneva after years of painstaking efforts by the UN to end one of modern history's most bitter conflicts. Under the accord Afghanistan and Pakistan pledge not to intervene in each other's affairs and to work for the safe, voluntary return of refugees. "

On May 15th 1988, "The withdrawal of an estimated 115,000 Soviet troops, who had entered Afghanistan in December 1979 to prop up a faltering Communist regime, begins."

So up until at least April 1988, the U.S. supported Osdama Bin Laden, therefore, Mr. North couldn't have called him a terrorist before that time.

Don't believe me look it up in your history books.

Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ojmoo:
    Don't believe me look it up in your history books.
    Mike <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to be contrary, but NEVER and I mean NEVER refer to a reference called a History Book.

History books have been wrong on more occasions than most people want to admit, and then there are history books that only tell what the government wants people to hear.

Utilizing "Read your history books" is all wrong…

But then again maybe Columbus did discover America!

@Road Kill, I agree 100% with you. I get so pissed at the government BS we have to put up with (and people want more government control). There are a lot of people that feel the way we do. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a major uprising (or possible civil war) in our future. The whacko special interest groups have pretty much taken over this country. Just my thoughts.

@Sandra: Right on! There are many examples of bogus history books. Some historians with an agenda rewrite history to their liking.

TM
    Travelin' New Mexico

.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> But the right-wing nitwits behind it hope that if enough people see this type of trash they will believe it to be true <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael Moore wanna-bees

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wouldn't be surprised if there was a major uprising (or possible civil war) in our future. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Already had it in the 1860s, the Constitution lost. The history books said it was about slavery, a bunch of white guys that loved a bunch of black guys so much that they were willing to fight, die and bleed for them! What it was really about was more control and power for a centralized government (global bankers, the same ones that Andrew Jackson said he would "route out") that the constitution severly limited. Slavery was just the excuse they used. Lincoln supposedly only dealt with one case as a lawyer that pertained to slavery and guess who he represented, the slave owner!

Kinda like the great depression which was blamed on the republicans, not that there weren't plenty of republican prostitutes and traitors just like democrates but it was actually the policies of the unconstitutional federal reserve that brought on the depression.

Which according to the Constitution, only gold and silver coin, minted by congress can be legally defined as money. Federal Reserve Notes, What we call money is not even legal. Its created out of thin air by the federal reserve (which is not part of the government by the way, its a private bank owned by global bankers) by a few keystrokes on a keyboard (virtual money!) now days (paper being the exception) and loaned to governments with interest. Since the interest was never created, only the principle, how is it possible to ever pay off the debt? Where does the interest come from if it don't exist?

Our old people are told the government is too broke to pay them enough to eat and buy medicine too, yet should the government decide it needs 17 billion to do what it deems is needed by itself then it magically appears. No magic for the old and dying, too much trouble to create the worthless stuff for them. Tax payers are told they pay the governments bills, this is pure propaganda, no way can the tax payers come close to covering what the government spends and gives away to its robot prostitutes, the only reason for the whole tax scheme is for control purposes, they don't need our money, the federal reserve has an endless supply of it. Which the 16th amendment was never legally ratified BTW! The federal gov't is supposed to get its budget from import taxes like Jesus said when he asked if the king taxed his children or strangers.

Getting back to the war business, I used to think that too but after Waco I changed my mind. The american people saw with their own eyes, agents firing round after round into a wooden framed building full of old women and little children (supposedly in self defense) while no incoming rounds that I could see was causing any dirt to fly in that parking lot, no glass in the vehicles was being busted, no agents hit and no muzzle flashes from the building that I could see. The whole world saw four agents on the roof, three go into the window, the fourth agent then throws a grenade into the very same window his three buddies had just gone into, then the rounds start coming back at him. Now even if there were Davidians in there shooting, I still wouldn't throw a grenade in there with three of my buddies in there at the same time.

Lie after lie over the next 51 days, I'm sure no David Koresh fan but I am a fan of the Constitution and what I saw on that deal was proof positive that not only is the Constitution dead but so is any illegal law that they choose to ignore and the majority of Americans would rather believe what they are told than what they see with their own eyes! Its all about control, just like a hundred years ago and they have a lot more now than they did back then. With all the new hate and terrorist laws now illegally in effect, if the people were ever going to do anything it would have already happened.

Whether we like it or not, the new world order, global government including economic and religious control is bearing down upon us. Any that do not conform or that fail to worship properly will meet the same fate as the Waco folks, all in the name of protecting the rest of us. Are the 50 states not a microcosim of the global government? An experiment on how to lie, cheat, steal, brainwash and murder while convincing the ignorant masses to applaud and think its wonderful? If they can make it work here, it will work anywhere, just convince the people that they love them and only want to serve them by looking out for their best interest and well being and that its the people who are in control, calling the shots and choosing their leaders!

People don't really want to know the real truth, what they want is to believe what sounds good and thats exactly how they are able to pull it off. Label any who speak the truth with a label like milita (which used to be honorable), religious fanatic, conspiracy nut, radical, hate monger, prejudice etc. Patrotism used to be good too, now they call it nationalism and that is now a derogatory thing. Who is the biggest supporter of the UN?

This is an old and dear subject to me and I get carried away sometimes so I'll shutup for now with my personal conclusion on how to tolerate all this. Jesus Christ can not return until the anti-christ is ruling the world, which can not happen until we have a one world government for the jerk to rule from which can not happen as long as there is one truly soverign nation left and that includes America! Think about it.
    Mash Your Motor!

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    I am still trying to find out if the DAMN thing is a hoax or not! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A good source for finding out whether something is a hoax is http://www.snopes.com/

In this case, they cover it at http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.htm
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Heheh.. I had to laugh at this one:
    http://www.snopes.com/lost/bearflag.asp
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Not to be contrary, but NEVER and I mean NEVER refer to a reference called a History Book.

History books have been wrong on more occasions than most people want to admit <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now there's an ironic comment in the light of your original post. Don't worry about fact, uninformed knee-jerk acceptance is far more emotionally appealing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Don't worry about fact <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That brings back memories of my old tutor who used to say, "Please don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already made up."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast