View Poll Results: Andre Chaperon: Dude or Douche?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dude

5 35.71%
  • Douche

9 64.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Andre Chaperon from Affiliate Bully: Straight Up or a Scammer?
    Hi all,

Total affiliate newb here, haven't made one red cent via IM as of yet.

I opted into Andre Chaperon's new product launch, ARM 2.0: autorespondermadness.com.

He's the Affiliate Bully guy: affiliatebully.com

He's been pre-selling me hard. Dude's GOOD at it, IMHO. ARM 2.0 is supposedly about doing email marketing to sell both affiliate products and your own products (of which I have zero) to small email lists. A lot of what he's said via his squeeze pages and emails makes sense, and FEELS right, know what I mean?

Here's the kicker. He wants $197 for ARM 2.0. The little I can glean suggests it's for mainly for people who know how to build marketing lists (which I don't) and would probably work best for marketers with their own products (which I don't have).

Also, the price ends in a "7," which someone on ABW said is usually a sign of an over-hyped, BS kind of product.

I know nothing, am a total newb, and am aware of what an easy mark I am right now, mostly due to lack of knowledge.

In your guys' opinion, is there any value in this product, or is it mostly a way to divest me of $197.

Some guidance or suggestions would sure be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

The Newb
    Last edited by MichaelColey; July 23rd, 2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Unlinked

ABW Ambassador
    Dear God, I hope the Affiliate Bully doesn't come to ABW

I doubt there is any info in products like that, that's new or you can't find elsewhere for free. You can Google some of those keywords and find info and articles for free.

ABW Ambassador
    Also, I just checked another page on his site, telling people how to cookie stuff.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The net effect of your giving this guy $197 is to enrich him by $197.

Everything you need to know to learn the nuts, bolts, insides, outsides, trends, fads, and maxims of affiliate marketing, you can find for FREE on ABestWeb.

Start with the Magic Bullet Thread and AffiliateABCS, and go from there.

Save your $197 to pay for a couple of domain names and hosting, once you are ready.

Welcome to AbestWeb.

Oh, and where in the Pacific NW are you?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

"Covert Cookie"...

Just from reading that garbage, I believe all you're going to learn for your $197 is how to get banned from every legitimate affiliate program.
    [SIZE="2"][LEFT][B]David Culpepper, SubscriptionAgent.com[/B]
    [URL=http://www.subscriptionagent.com/aff/index.html]Affiliate Program Info[/URL] | E: [email=david@subscriptionagent.com]david@subscriptionagent.com[/email] | [URL=http://twitter.com/dculpepper]Twitter[/URL] | [URL=http://www.facebook.com/DavidCulpepper]Facebook[/URL]
    30% Commission & LIFETIME Cookie![/LEFT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliphornia View Post
    Total affiliate newb here, haven't made one red cent via IM as of yet.
    If you're interested in the scammy type of IM offers, there are forums much better suited to those interests. ABW is about Affiliate Marketing.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Dear God, I hope the Affiliate Bully doesn't come to ABW
    His wife and partner, Terry Lynn, was a member in 2005-6. The wife of the Bully then stopped posting. Hm?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The OP's language/semantics sound a lot more like a pro squeeze page writer than that of a "total affiliate newb". Accompanied with a link drop? Gotta love transparency!
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    If it is, one of those backfire type of threads. Removed links, this page will rank high, not exactly good promotion for the product. And the voting is not going well either. So far he's a douche.

Red face I'm ignorant
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    The OP's language/semantics sound a lot more like a pro squeeze page writer than that of a "total affiliate newb". Accompanied with a link drop? Gotta love transparency!
    Sorry man. The link drop was out of total ignorance. I forgot that's not allowed here. I really am a newb. And if I'm not, then I'm a complete douche!

Affiliate Manager maxwellgarner's Avatar
    In the past 15 years I've been using the internet, I've never gotten anything useful from a squeeze page. I don't think that I've actually read an entire squeeze page before and I know that the squeeze pages that ask for my email address and name usually end up subscribing me to some useless "newsletter" which pulls others' articles and puts an advertisement in there. After that, my information usually ends up being sold and then I start getting letters telling me that there's 15 million dollars that my dead uncle in Africa left me behind.

In my opinion, that $197 would be a better investment in some good mailing list software and an actual "best-selling" book on how to write good sales letters. With the money that is left over, you can buy some domains and hosting, throw in WordPress and start blogging about the niche that your (or your merchant's/s') products fall under. Add a dhtml capture box for your newsletter and then you can start "pre-selling hard" or whatever.

Squeeze pages are like dollar stores...everything might be cheap, but it's still not worth what they're asking for.
    Affiliate marketing is not just a way to make money, it's a way of life.
    Maxwell Garner | Owner | [URL="http://creditcardaffiliateservices.com"]CreditCardAffiliateServices.com[/URL] | Phone - 407-504-5944

I tend to steer clear of affiliate bullies and rich jerks. I'm fine with coupon bastards though.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

His site is nothing but one of these: http://www.buymystupidebook.com/

or this: http://www.youreapoorloser.com/
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; July 23rd, 2010 at 06:38 PM.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellgarner View Post
    In the past 15 years I've been using the internet, I've never gotten anything useful from a squeeze page. I don't think that I've actually read an entire squeeze page before and I know that the squeeze pages that ask for my email address and name usually end up subscribing me to some useless "newsletter" which pulls others' articles and puts an advertisement in there. After that, my information usually ends up being sold and then I start getting letters telling me that there's 15 million dollars that my dead uncle in Africa left me behind.

In my opinion, that $197 would be a better investment in some good mailing list software and an actual "best-selling" book on how to write good sales letters. With the money that is left over, you can buy some domains and hosting, throw in WordPress and start blogging about the niche that your (or your merchant's/s') products fall under. Add a dhtml capture box for your newsletter and then you can start "pre-selling hard" or whatever.

Squeeze pages are like dollar stores...everything might be cheap, but it's still not worth what they're asking for.
    Thanks for the advice. Could you recommend a good "best-selling" book on good sales letters?

Do a search at Amazon. You should be able to find something there.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    His site is nothing but one of these: http://www.buymystupidebook.com/

These sites are the best
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliphornia View Post
    Sorry man. The link drop was out of total ignorance. I forgot that's not allowed here. I really am a newb. And if I'm not, then I'm a complete douche!
    Let's see, dropped a link in your first post. Then apologized in your second post saying you "forgot that's not allowed".

You forgot between the time you signed up and when you posted?
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc View Post
    Let's see, dropped a link in your first post. Then apologized in your second post saying you "forgot that's not allowed".

You forgot between the time you signed up and when you posted?
    No, I signed up 2 weeks ago. Today was my first post because I've spent the last 2 weeks reading on here and other places, trying to educate myself. I didn't post before today because I felt I didn't have anything intelligent to ask yet.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerboy View Post
    his site is nothing but one of these: http://www.buymystupidebook.com/

ha ha!

"The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales" by Dan Kennedy

"Email Marketing By the Numbers: How to Use the World's Greatest Marketing Tool to Take Any Organization to the Next Level" by Chris Baggott and Ali Sales

Both of these books are in my library and it's about a $30 investment for the two. Really, if you're serious about your career as an affiliate marketer, you should learn how to sale.

One book that is not about sales letters at all is "Covert Persuasion" by Kevin Hogan and I'm telling you, that book will change the way that you interact with people on a global level.

Since we're working with your $197 budget that you were going to hand over to the "by unanimous decision 'douche,'" you might as well pick up the motivational book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne to help get your mindset where it needs to be.

You should still have enough money left over for decent mail list software, domains and hosting.
    Maxwell Garner | Owner | [URL="http://creditcardaffiliateservices.com"]CreditCardAffiliateServices.com[/URL] | Phone - 407-504-5944

I don't know about ARM 2.0. I read v1.0 and thought it is worth it. I agree it's a bit pricey but I know his information works.

People in the forum, for some reasons, have developed "hate" relationship with info marketing market, especially those who promote via ClickBank and/or in the make money, marketing, e-business niches.

Perhaps that's because some of the brightest affiliate marketers are in this forum...

But one has to realize that there are still tons of newbie affiliates out there. And if the product provides value and increase your revenue, then it's worth it.

The fact that the info is available at Google is irrelevant.

Imagine a student dropping out from a school or even college just because the info is already available from Google.

It's not about availability or distribution. It's about value that the school and college brings to the table.

An e-book can save you from doing tons of research. That means more time to work on your business. And if you add the fact there are also tons of misinformation on the Web, the value of "packaged" information is even higher.

Problem is, you should only buy products from people you trust. I followed a list of e-publishers because their information is valuable. Time to research about who is who will be worth it. At least that was the case for me as a techie without any marketing and business background.

Sorry, this has been a long reply. But it's just not fair if you say something about a product or an individual based on the fact that he has the number "7" in the price. Or in general, make any ridiculous claims without hands-on experience.

Problem is, you should only buy products from people you trust.
    What? I don't even know how to take this. Do I just stop buying everything? Do I only start selling to people I have close relationships with? WHAT ABOUT THE ECONOMY???

It's not that I don't like info-marketers. It's that I don't like what info-marketers do. I'm not sure what is in the d-bag's arms...arm one or arm two...I know that I have two arms and I'm not selling either one of them for $197! I don't like squeeze pages...they annoy me to the point that if I had a delete button for the internet I would specifically browse for every squeeze page I could find and then delete them all.

I think that selling information for $197 is absurd. I think that building someone's expectations of what they are capable of so that you can extract $200 of that person's hard earned money should be illegal. How many people that pay $197 for this idiot's stupid ARMs are actually going to become successful in this industry? I bet $197000 if I got $1 for each of them, I wouldn't be able to buy his book with the money.

Yes, there are always exceptions to the rule. Top 3% of affiliate marketers account for 90+% of affiliate sales. Do you think that if some stupid ebook was going to change that everyone in this forum would be dogging on it? Why in the world would you make something available to your competition that would revolutionize the market to give everyone else an equal chance? YOU WOULDN'T! It's a mean ugly game that is played in the i-biz industry. People are played and taken advantage of and disappointed but they're always on to "the next big thing." Anyone who puts a number in front of your face on what you can expect to make before they even know your name is a CON ARTIST.

I honestly am disgusted with the fact that you compared this d-bag's ebook like going to college.

Guess what... You can earn a degree in marketing from accredited colleges. You can take a marketing class and earn college credit for $197 at your community college and learn SO MUCH MORE than paying for some d-bag's e-book.

If his books are so great, why don't you buy the resell rights (cause I'm sure he'll sell those too), take some screenshots of your PayPal account, and go on your own mission to save the world?

I'm sorry that this has been such a long post, but if I can save just one person the $197 from buying the "affiliatebully's" e-book, I think I just made the world that much more fair.

Economy? I don't even know what you mean. People pay for what they think are valuable for them.

For me e-book teaches me more valuable and applicable knowledge than college. That's just how I feel. And I agree many others would agree with this too. I can't speak about any body, especially those who are in foreign countries. But that is my personal experience.

You put too much "personal hate" on e-books. Deleting every squeeze page? Come on.

Imagine a complete newbie who doesn't even know what affiliate marketing is. Let him or her spend hundreds of hours scouring the forum. Or buy an e-book for perhaps $27 and learned the basics in one sitting.

I'd choose the latter every time. If you can't see the value in that... I don't know what to say. Just because you know enough to ignore e-books doesn't mean others have to follow your path.

Isn't affiliate marketer a marketer? Do you sell stuff based on value or based on the physical appearance?

Will you sell an antique car for "insane" figure because there is "value"? Or will you sell it as a used car? Will you call the seller a name?

Yes, and if I told you that I would give you a $3000 paycheck in a month if you gave me $197 and I backed it up with all these different claims (which are probably not true, but you don't know that) wouldn't you see value in that? I mean, asked you to trade me your $20 bill for my $100 bill, wouldn't you think something was wrong?

I would like to know what the "basics" of affiliate marketing are. I mean, is it signing up for a CJ account? Is it building a simple template website with some affiliate links? Is it cookie stuffing????????

You say:
    Imagine a student dropping out from a school or even college just because the info is already available from Google.
    But then you say:
    For me e-book teaches me more valuable and applicable knowledge than college.
    I mean, you trust an e-book is more valuable than college and college is more valuable than Google. So... What you're truly saying is that this guy's e-book is more valuable than a.) The higher education system and b.) The world's access portal to content on the largest information network in the GALAXY.

I like your logic..

I don't think paying $27 for a book that didn't get published is going to provide me with hours of time saving knowledge. I don't think paying $197 for a book that didn't get published is going to provide me with hours of time saving knowledge.

I DO NOT have a hate for e-books. I like the fact that if I want a book, I can buy it, download it, and have it without ever leaving my house or having to wait for USPS for a week to get it.

Squeeze pages are never anything good. I mean, they all sound great... But if you think that I'm actually going to believe that you're going to give me hundreds of dollars worth of anything for my contact information or that your program is worth anything, you're crazy. If you buy into the garbage that is on a squeeze page, you should stay off the internet...and I mean, it's for your own good. By what "value" system do these sites get their pricing from? The value is quoted to be 10x+ greater than what they want to charge so that it is irresistible to an impulse buyer. Example: $3000 a/month = $197 ebook quoted value to price 15.22:1 Actual value to price can be figured by reversing this ratio for price to value... So, it's worth a whole whopping $12.94 which is about what you would pay for any old affiliate marketing book at a bookstore.

There is a difference in an "electronic book" and a "high-yield investment program" (especially when the HYIP is JUST an e-book...usually you get your own http://makemerich.com/a.php?a=1234 website) just like there is a difference between antique car and a used car. A 30 yo Toyota Corolla is an antique by definition, but it's not going to do well on the auction block. A 46 yo Pontiac GTO is most likely used, but it will do well on the auction block. So, if someone was trying to sell me a 30 yo Toyota Corolla as an "antique," then yes, I would call them names.

You want to check sites like WebTrends to see how they get leads using squeeze page. Then decide if that squeeze page is of anything good.

As your presumption of my logic re: e-books, college and Google... You're wrong. Google is useful for quick information retrieval. But that doesn't mean you don't read books, or e-books, etc., anymore because you can draw conclusions from a few hundred hours of work reading a few thousand articles.

Each thing has its place. I still read e-books. I still buy books. I use Google regularly. I draw value from everything as much as I can.

Unpublished books = low quality? Now that's an interesting logic. Would you say radio is always better than podcast?

Ebook (not necessarily Andre's) has value in certain situation. What I argue is that you cannot see this specific situation. You presume everything as black and white. What is trash to you can be other people's gold.

Now, I don't use cookie stuffing. I don't recommend that tactic either. But using autoresponder for pre-sell and selling, that is REAL solid information there.

I don't think paying $27 for a book that didn't get published is going to provide me with hours of time saving knowledge.
    It certainly does that for me. I bought someone a $27 e-book and saved myself perhaps tens of hours of training to teach her about affiliate marketing. SEO, PPC, not necessarily tactics, but general information. After that first reading, I could talk jargon and didn't have to stop each time to explain.

Show her Google, this is AdWords PPC, etc. Those kinds of thing.

That, for me, is much more than $27. I didn't force you to believe that it will be worth $27, but you cannot say an e-book is not valuable just because you can't find value in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast