Text Link Spaces
    Howdy all!

I know I must not be entering the right keywords searching for the resolution to this problem....I can't be the first one to be irked by it....

I intend to primarily use text links for my affiliate marketing....but using the CJ provided text links results in tacky extra spaces. How can I correct this without violating any rules and risking the loss of my sales?

ABW Ambassador
    extra spaces? where?

the CJ links do not have any spaces

If the provided code is a mess, and you take it upon yourself to clean it up some before you use it, more power to you.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Copy and paste the link here, substituting your id with something else (if you want to keep that part private) and it shouldn't be a problem seeing if there's something wrong with it.

Forgive the delay in getting back with yall. Some evil storms rolled through this neck of the woods not long after posting.

(EDIT - Okay, I also don't know how to show the text of the link in this forum without it showing as the actual link. Can someone advise, or just view the source of my page, listed below?)
    The link provided to me is:
    Cemetery Stories

To see it in action, please refer to: http://kentuckytaphophile.blogspot.c...aphopedia.html

As you can see, there are about 5 spaces after the link, making it look kinda silly. Changing the width and height of the img src tag to 0 has no effect.
    Last edited by KYTaph; July 24th, 2010 at 02:05 PM.

Affiliate Manager maxwellgarner's Avatar
    The space is because of the image. There is nothing there... It's not even part of the link, just take it out.
    Affiliate marketing is not just a way to make money, it's a way of life.
    Maxwell Garner | Owner | [URL="http://creditcardaffiliateservices.com"]CreditCardAffiliateServices.com[/URL] | Phone - 407-504-5944

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see anything in the CJ link. I copy and pasted the lines of html from the source code of your page that included the link, the text before and after and opened up blogger and put it in there and did preview and it looked fine. Not sure unless you have some spaces in that post somewhere or something else that's making that happen.

"
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellgarner View Post
    The space is because of the image. There is nothing there... It's not even part of the link, just take it out.
    "

Yeah, try that. Even tho it usually comes with the text link, you don't need it. And I did have one Wordpress blog, just one theme where it was causing some weird spacing problem.
    Last edited by Trust; July 24th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.

Thank you kindly for your feedback.

I had considered taking out the image, but was told it would prevent getting credit for sales. Can you either of you confirm this isn't true?

I don't know either way, but, what you can do is move the image anywhere on the page. It's not part of the link and if it is some kind of tracking pixel that is required, you can put it anywhere in the body. The easiest, safest thing to do would be to move it to the end of your post.
    Maxwell Garner | Owner | [URL="http://creditcardaffiliateservices.com"]CreditCardAffiliateServices.com[/URL] | Phone - 407-504-5944

Awesome idea. Duh! Thanks a bunch!!

Glad we could help

The pixel is used only to track ad impressions, and does not have anything whatsoever to do with sales tracking. It is very common practice to remove these.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread