Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PopShops: No new merchants/feeds in two month's???
    What going on with PopShops?? Their has been no new merchants/feeds added in two month's and before that their were several merchantes added but with 0 products in the feed????
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

All their updates are on Facebook, the post is here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127679

Yes I know about that one for changes but new merchants added are/were posted here: http://www.popshops.com/v1/merchants...ntly_added.rss

I have looked at their Facebook post as well and their a few if any new merchants added to popshops just alot of merchants being removed becase their Datafeeds are not working with Popshops. I have also heard from several merchants saying that Popshops are having a problem reading their feeds as well.

So my question/concern is what going on???
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

There is a laundry list of my clients waiting to be integrated with Popshops. They are all in queue, so I have been told. I love Popshops but this has been frustrating.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

I'll second the frustration. It's been almost a month and 3 "biggies" (pardon the plus size pun) Lane Bryant, Catherines and Fashion Bug have yet to be added since they switched from Linkshare to GAN. And I was told by GAN that the feed was ready to go on July 1st.

My sales have dropped considerably without these 3 merchants. Since I don't understand the process 100%, all I can say is that it sure seems like things used to happen much quicker. I don't understand the hold up.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

As far as I can tell its only Popshops having a problem reading the Feeds. I will be thinking twice before I renew in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hoffman Consulting View Post
    There is a laundry list of my clients waiting to be integrated with Popshops. They are all in queue, so I have been told. I love Popshops but this has been frustrating.
    You told me a while back that you were waiting on some of these merchants to be included. I can't believe they have not been added yet. I see this with several other merchants as well. Popshops seem to need more help or there is something going on that we don't know.

Well my guess is if they have not added a single merchant in two month's them they must have a big problem. My guess is that they are on life support and just waiting for someone to pull the plug!!

But maybe someone from Popshops can post here and explain to us whats going on with them. My guess is that they have to many users using the Free Accounts and not enough affiliate paying for their services.
    Last edited by kse; July 26th, 2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: spelling

The free accounts would only overload the servers if they kept on adding more affiliates.

My guess is that their time is spent with the custom corporate clients who have their own custom datafeeds and requirements taking away time from the mundane tasks of keeping the mass feeds updated.

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    The free accounts would only overload the servers if they kept on adding more affiliates.
    My point was that they probable do not earn enough from affiliate to hire enough staff to do the work. My reasoning for think this is they offer free accounts. Their nothing wrong with give free trials but after 30 to 60 days remove the account. That way they would get more affiliates signing up and paying for accounts.

Ahhh, gotcha. Very true and agree.

ABW Ambassador
    This is a growing concern for me as well. I've been waiting for a datafeed to be added for a merchant (Build-A-Bear Workshop) I joined months ago. They have also been told they're in the queue.
    Last edited by msladybug; July 26th, 2010 at 01:29 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    And how about Amazon? In May, 2009, a PS rep posted that the rest of the product feeds would "be added shortly".
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    I think it is growing pains for popshops. Back when popshops was newly introduced, their support were much faster and better. Now I often see some of my support tickets get completely lost for weeks even months. Sometimes I have to jump between popshops and merchants to try to get issues resolved.

Also, I don't understand why it is so hard for popshops to send out emails to their users about new merchants and updates.

It is not growing pain when nothing is getting done. It sounds like they do not have any staff to keep the system going.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself, Michelle Gordon, the newest member of PopShops Merchant Support Team. I will be the primary merchant liaison at PopShops and will be there to expedite any support requests.

A few comments –

1. Adding a merchant feed in PopShops depends on several factors such as the quality of the feed, the merchant manager's cooperation levels, the complexity of the data, and more. With our current system, one can expect a merchant feed to take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to be tested then released in PopShops. Fortunately, good news is coming! Our turnaround time PopShops will be improving dramatically because our development team has been working tirelessly to optimize this process. We will be releasing a new merchant onboarding process by the end of summer and expect turnaround time to become much, much shorter (though it will still be dependent on external factors) from when a merchant has approved PopShops application. We appreciate your patience and your support as we optimize and shorten turnaround time.

2. For general support questions please email support@popshops.com. For merchant addition requests then please email merchants@popshops.com (please include merchant name, network name, merchant id with network, and confirm if they have a product feed).

3. To follow latest updates from PopShops please follow us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/PopShops/209103249191

I look forward to working through your merchant requests and to your continued success.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    And how about Amazon? In May, 2009, a PS rep posted that the rest of the product feeds would "be added shortly".
    Hi AffiliateHound,

In case you missed seeing this post of Jessie's from earlier this month, it addresses what is going on regarding Amazon.

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=20

We are working on it.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Michelle and Welcome to ABW!!

Thanks for stopping by and updating us on what is going on. Happy to hear this is being worked on and I look forward to merchant turnaround time moving more quickly.

Just a suggestion, it would be beneficial for PopShop users to have a way to receive PopShop news and updates other than through Facebook. I don't have a Facebook account and really don't want to create one just to receive news about a service I am paying for. An email, blog or posting to the ABW forum would be nice.

http and a telephoto
    3 weeks to 3 months? That is pretty insane. If the feed is accurate and working in Shareasale it should not take that long to get it live in PopShops. As noted, you might want to get someone on posting updates here and not just on Facebook, because there are actually a LOT of affiliates *here* that use your paid services and do not use Facebook nor want to read an RSS feed.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    ... Just a suggestion, it would be beneficial for PopShop users to have a way to receive PopShop news and updates other than through Facebook. I don't have a Facebook account and really don't want to create one just to receive news about a service I am paying for. An email, blog or posting to the ABW forum would be nice.
    Let me add an "amen" to what msladybug says here.

I actually have a Facebook account, but it seems pretty silly to expect me to have to go to Facebook (or Twitter or any of those silly things) to keep up to date on what Popshops -- which I AM paying for! -- is doing.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    Just a suggestion, it would be beneficial for PopShop users to have a way to receive PopShop news and updates other than through Facebook. I don't have a Facebook account and really don't want to create one just to receive news about a service I am paying for. An email, blog or posting to the ABW forum would be nice.
    and add me to this group. Even though I am active on Facebook, I don't want to depend on it to get updates. I have voiced my concerns to Matt in the past and feel Popshops took a step backwards when they went to Facebook and stopped notifying affiliates via e-mail when a merchant was dropped.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself, Michelle Gordon, the newest member of PopShops Merchant Support Team. I will be the primary merchant liaison at PopShops and will be there to expedite any support requests.

A few comments –

1. Adding a merchant feed in PopShops depends on several factors such as the quality of the feed, the merchant manager's cooperation levels, the complexity of the data, and more. With our current system, one can expect a merchant feed to take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to be tested then released in PopShops. Fortunately, good news is coming! Our turnaround time PopShops will be improving dramatically because our development team has been working tirelessly to optimize this process. We will be releasing a new merchant onboarding process by the end of summer and expect turnaround time to become much, much shorter (though it will still be dependent on external factors) from when a merchant has approved PopShops application. We appreciate your patience and your support as we optimize and shorten turnaround time.

2. For general support questions please email support@popshops.com. For merchant addition requests then please email merchants@popshops.com (please include merchant name, network name, merchant id with network, and confirm if they have a product feed).

3. To follow latest updates from PopShops please follow us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/PopShops/209103249191

I look forward to working through your merchant requests and to your continued success.

Michelle
    It's great to see you here. Stay active in ABW please. We need your updates and a direct line of communication.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG View Post
    ... 3. To follow latest updates from PopShops please follow us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/PopShops/209103249191

Michelle
    Welcome, Michelle.

But, I take it from your statement about Facebook, that msladybug and I are speaking to deaf ears when we suggest that many people really don't like paying money for a service then being required to use Facebook to get current updates/info?

I've been a popshops member since nearly the beginning of the service. But, honestly, I've just about decided it isn't worth it anymore.

And the little, irritating things like this are not helping me stay faithful and true.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    welcome, michelle.

But, i take it from your statement about facebook, that msladybug and i are speaking to deaf ears when we suggest that many people really don't like paying money for a service then being required to use facebook to get current updates/info?

I've been a popshops member since nearly the beginning of the service. But, honestly, i've just about decided it isn't worth it anymore.

And the little, irritating things like this are not helping me stay faithful and true.
    +1

Come to think of it, I honestly don't remember whether or not Popshops has something as routine as a weekly or monthly newsletter that goes out to account holders?

Perhaps they do.

Certainly having someone put together a quick email newsletter at least highlighting the stuff they deem worthy of Facebook, then sending it out even twice a month, would seem like a reasonable service.

Ah, well. I'm starting to think Popshops is just like all the other "successful" affiliate tools/networks/programs. The bigger they get the less responsive they become.

And God help us that we do anything to inform our customers (in Popshop's case, "customers" is us) in any way but Facebook or Twitter. We all know those two are the future of the universe as we know it.

</end of rant>
    Generate more fake news.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast