Google will be selling 24.6 million shares
    with a minimum price of $108 per share and a
    maximum of $135 per share.

Gee...maybe there is money to be made in CPC.

Jeez. Could they have priced their shares any higher?
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

Based on the price and Google giving Wall Street the finger by doing an auction, I expect alot of fast action and then see the stock fall on its face.

Get it early and dump early.

I can't imagine any big Wall Street firm is hoping for a huge sucess in auctions of IPO stocks.

ABW Ambassador
    Of course we all know there's been lots of hype about this. IF you're really interested in buying it, it's probably best to just wait til after the IPO to see where it lands.

Many of the large tech stocks are still trying to dig their way out of the bubble burst from 2001.

Comparing Google to Yahoo, they have about the same sales, earnings, P/E and market cap (assuming GOOG hits the top end of the range). With a P/E of over 100, I don't see much upside. Of course the market isn't always rational, so you never know.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador

There is sure a lot of hype going into this, no doubt the market itself is doing its part to make sure the word gets out about how important this IPO will be.

Most conservative investors will likely wait it out a bit until the stratospheric initial prices drop back down to something realistic, as I just don't see the ability to maintain that price for long. But who knows...

Andy

Internet Cowboy
    Let all the other people buy Google, then after the "Winner's Curse" has run its course, you will be able to buy it at a reasonable price.
    Given the fact that Microsoft will be incorporating their search in to the MSIE product within the next year or two, Google's dominance as the #1 search provider will not last long.
    My guess is that by this time next year, Google will be trading in the 70's, but not much higher than that.
    I truly think that a LOT of people are going to lose some money buying in at $135. That is simply crazy.
    I love Google, don't get me wrong. I also love my Mom, but that doesn't mean that I would pay her $20 for a $2 ink pen.
    Scott

is greedy, I hope they bite the big one.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread