CJ API vs. CJ $250 dll datafeed
    Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to sign up for the CJ.com data feeds. Haven't heard back from them. From what I understand there is a $250 dll fee for these. My question, what is the difference vs. the data you can get by using their API?

The data I'm currently getting through the API is very messy, doesn't have a lot of columns filled out and has a lot of outdated info. Can i expect the same from the $250 datafeed, is there additional value to be had here?

My objective is to extract both product and coupon/discount info from these feeds, so if anyone has experience with either/or I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Emilio

Lightbulb
    I don't think there is a charge for the datafeeds anymore -- at least I am not charged for them.

Also, it is not just one big file: you can get separate feeds for each merchant you've joined that offers one.

ABW Ambassador
    There is no charge for the datafeed access, and you can have seperate files for each merchant if you wish

http and a telephoto
    I want my $250 back .... At the time it was a good investment.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks everyone for the response. But still my question remains, is the data from the feed exactly the same as the data provided using the API? I'm trying to get their feeds but they don't answer my "sign up" emails.

Do you even have to email anyone now? From the help menu I don't think so, but I can not test since I got setup back when it was harder to get in. See help for:
    Create or Edit Product Catalog Exports
    Create or Edit Product Catalog Exports

Perform the following steps to create or edit a product export subscription.

Navigate to Account>Services.

Click the Create Product Export button (to create a new subscription) or the associated Edit link for an existing subscription (to update a subscription).

leap stilwell
    So, I finally received an answer, it's all done via their website contact us > ask a question tool. I posted a question and a few days later I received the following answer:

==========

It's free. In order to expedite the process of setting it up, please answer the following questions:

In which format would you like us to send your promotional links file? Choose one from the following:

A. TAB
    B. PIPE
    C. CSV
    D. Excel
    E. XML

Which method of transfer would you like to use? Choose from one of the following:

A. CJ FTP (use of our FTP servers to access the file(s))
    B. CJ HTTP (you access our HTTP Web servers)
    C. Client FTP (we access your FTP servers) w/ any login and password information needed for access
    D. Client HTTP (we access your HTTP Web servers)
    E. Email

What Promotional Links would you like included in each feed? Choose from one of the following:

A. All Promotional Links
    B. Updated links only

How often would you like the feed? Choose from one of the following:

A. Daily
    B. Weekly (select a day of the week)
    C. Monthly (select a day of the month)

When the feed is created, our system will insert the PID of one of your websites into each link. If you have multiple websites, do you have a preference for which website is the default for this feed? Website Name:

In the meantime, feel free to view our guide at http://www.cj.com/downloads/tech/sch..._transdata.pdf.

Best regards,

===============

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread