Affiliate Manager Government Auctions AM's Avatar
    Mentioning fraud in Affiliate Newsletter?
    I have been having a bit of issues with fraud lately and decided to that I wanted to remind affiliates about how seriously we take the matter and the consequences that are associated with producing fraudulent leads. Is a quick and short reiteration of our policies within the newsletter a good idea? If not, how else can I work to combat this issue?

Thanks!

Affiliate Manager
    I would not send a newsletter. I would find the worst offenders in your program and reach out to them individually. You may be able to start a good relationship and turn things around.

Why plant a seed. I agree w/ Jono
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

It would probably be ineffective. Those who are going to try to defraud your program aren't going to bother reading the newsletter, and even if they do that won't deter them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    I think I disagree with all the responses.

"Is a quick and short reiteration of our policies within the newsletter a good idea?"

Of course. Those who want to commit fraud aren't going to care but it lets the others know you're watching for it and not just some program on autopilot.

"I would find the worst offenders in your program and reach out to them individually. You may be able to start a good relationship and turn things around."

With fraudsters? How about just kicking them out of your program. Why would you want to work with somebody trying to screw you over?

Affiliate Manager Government Auctions AM's Avatar
    Thanks everyone!

I don't think that I would want to cultivate a relationship with anyone who tried to put a few past us, especially since we have a zero tolerance policy.

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    I would just kick them out. Fraudsters aren't going to just be "Good" affiliates they are going to think of new ways to rip you off. An alert like this just lets them know you caught on to what they are doing.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread