Arrow Pepperjam's transparency rating made many holes in my sites
    so it turns out that when you join, your rating is so low that some merchants automatically decline you. even the ones you promoted for years in another world.

Quite silly. I would imagine that new affiliates would have a hard time getting started in such a network.

Not looked at Pepperjam at all and don't know much about them but I'd say if you promoted these merchants before, send them a direct email to let them know who you are.

ABW Ambassador
    Same here, I had promoted certain Linkshare merchants for years, and was declined when they moved to Pepperjam.

Tons of other merchants to choose from elsewhere though. Their loss.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Same here, I had promoted certain Linkshare merchants for years, and was declined when they moved to Pepperjam.

Tons of other merchants to choose from elsewhere though. Their loss.
    unfortunately for me, though, these are all similar merchants from one group for which I built a sports memorabilia site. there are few others like them. I can rebuild around them in time, though . . .

With previous reports about which affiliates Pepperjam gives the highest ratings to, I'm not sure you would WANT to be rated highly with them.

If you have previous relationships with some of their merchants, you might want to contact their AMs. I would suggest pointing them to better networks, but that would probably be pointless - they're probably companies that are managed by GSI/PJN.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I've had 100% success rate in getting approved by merchants that declined me when they first migrated to pepperjam, after sending them a message letting them know that I had already been an active affiliate of theirs for quite some time.

Just send their AM's a message asking for reconsideration.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Herb, take a look at SportsMemorabilia.com for your rebuild, if you aren't working with them already. Priscilla Nuez at AffiliateManager.com is doing a killer job ramping that program up lately..

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    Herb, take a look at SportsMemorabilia.com for your rebuild, if you aren't working with them already. Priscilla Nuez at AffiliateManager.com is doing a killer job ramping that program up lately..
    definitely working with them now

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    With previous reports about which affiliates Pepperjam gives the highest ratings to, I'm not sure you would WANT to be rated highly with them.

If you have previous relationships with some of their merchants, you might want to contact their AMs. I would suggest pointing them to better networks, but that would probably be pointless - they're probably companies that are managed by GSI/PJN.
    Michael, that is understood for sure. I guess all PJ affils who have made no sales are first branded with two-out-of-five marks and are automatically declined by many merchants. Don't think it is doing them any good, as their EPC shows in pennies so far.

But I can't see letting this go with just certain merchants since the sites have been built for a long time. This week will tell . . .

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    I've had 100% success rate in getting approved by merchants that declined me when they first migrated to pepperjam, after sending them a message letting them know that I had already been an active affiliate of theirs for quite some time.

Just send their AM's a message asking for reconsideration.
    Same here. Herb have you tried contacting Your Network Manager? Everybody has one assigned to them. There's email, phone, live chat etc. I did when I moved and my rating went up and haven't had any problems. So it's not a big deal and nothing wrong with a high rating.

If you click on the little Learn More link under your Transparency Rating, they have some info, like calling them, that should up your Transparency Rating, pretty quickly and you'll probably be able to get in those programs you want to.
    Last edited by Trust; July 28th, 2010 at 03:23 PM.

Network Rep
    Hi Herb,

We have been moving many of the TrueAction/GSI affiliate programs to Pepperjam (including the sporting goods sites!) and it's possible that your application was declined by mistake.

Can you please send me an email with the sporting goods program that you were declined from so that I can work with our team to get you accepted?

Here is my contact information: foxa@trueaction.com

We are looking forward to working with you again!

Allie
    Allison Fox
    Senior Director, Publisher Development
    Pepperjam, A GSI Commerce Company
    P: (610) 491-7165
    E: [EMAIL="afox@pepperjam.com"]afox@pepperjam.com[/EMAIL]

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    Now if somebody was having trouble with getting approved by one of the cycling or pet supplies vendors on Avantlink, and a Pepperjam rep took the liberty of swinging by and posting in your forum to recommend one of their clients....
    Last edited by davidh; July 28th, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Oh didn't realize it was their forum i guess b/c it isn't branded. Oh well..

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread