Affiliate Manager
    I can no longer eat breakfast in my cube. I happened to drop a pencil this morning and noticed a granola crumb fleeing from one end of my cube to the other. A colony of ants has invaded and I have to route my maintenance request through five levels of bureaucracy until I get a can of Raid and a dustbuster.

SUXORS.

I'd go out and get my own darn can of Raid, but I have back to back meetings today. *sigh*

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Carolyn, word of advice. Don't ever, ever move to Florida if ants upset you. Cockroaches, too.

Here in upstate New York we have mound building ants. One of several wildlife surprises we discovered on moving here.

Besides, what're you thinking, eating on the clock, huh?

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Ants - natures garbage disposal experts - are cleaning your cubicle for free (before some fly comes along and to lay eggs in it) and you're COMPLAINING?

I was about to suggest you lay off eating anything with red food colouring in it if the thought of ants carrying food put you off eating, but then I googled, and contrary to my earlier belief, cochineal ISN'T ant's blood.

More here...

http://www.botgard.ucla.edu/html/bot...any/Cochineal/

Key sentences:

"Here too cochineal was replaced by red dye numbers 2 and 40, which are believed now to be carcinogenic, and cochineal is being reconsidered as a safe food dye."

"Males are small and live for only a week, just long enough to mate with as many females as possible."

That last sentence would make a great "I have some good news, and I have some bad news" joke.

Cockroaches ? How big are the roaches in Florida ? Do they fly ?

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah some fly, palmetto bugs hate those too. My first apartment ever when i started going to college was my uncles garage turned to an apt. sitting right on a lake, not one that you would want to actually get it. Front door was a sliding glass door and the place flooded whenever it rained too much. Roaches everywhere, palmetto bugs etc. Hate those things. So that, my little cousins lifting my sliding glass front door off the track and hanging out in my apt. and that feeling my relatives were keeping a close eye on me and reporting to the parentals, i decided to get my own apartment and never had a roach problem ever again. So Florida got roaches and some fly.

Bonus Material
    Bobby Jimmy rap about roaches
    http://4elms.straightup.no/content/view/51/104/

I heard the roaches in Florida are decendant from Spain. The ones that fly are female and once they get on your hair, it would be hard to get them off. Man are those things nasty or what.

Im getting goosebumps typing this.

Big flying roaches on Guam; but, Texas roaches are just plain mean - those suckers attack!

At least island roaches are fairly stupid critters.

I don't like any cockroaches and I would never go to the Fear Factor auditions.

Just seeing those people sticking their head inside a big container full of cockroaches and getting a mouthful of it to pass it to another container or eating more cockroaches than the other team members, just for a chance of winning $50,000.00 make me sick.

I don't now about the people here, but I wouldn't put not even one leg of a cockroach in my mouth, even if they pay me 1 Million Dollars and I don't care if it taste like chicken either, like some people might say.

Sal.

<hr class="ev_code_hr" />
    "Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train - Are you going sixty miles an hour or is the train going sixty miles an hour and you're just sitting still? ~ J. Paul Getty"

I think I could swallow a roach leg for a million dollars; but, eating whole roaches for $50K - I don't think so... yuk!!

John

There is no cheating allowed in that program, You must chew, savor and then EAT the entire roach

yuck, yuck, yuck... I just feel just by typing that above.

The things that some people will do for money...

Sal.

<hr class="ev_code_hr" />
    "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. ~ Horace Walpole"

When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, I was right on the Intracoastal Waterway. I had the house sprayed monthly, and never saw any bugs. But I did see some pretty big ones while I lived down there.

As for doing anything with them other than exterminating them...YUCK!

Andy

Sorry, Carolyn, if you go and jump the affiliate fence you'll be too missed as an AM. You're stuck.

Just don't think too much about how we can get up and eat breakfast in our jammies, log on while finishing the coffee, take a nap, check more stats, eat lunch, then stay up all night making new pages while you j*bbers get to sleep.

BTW, granola is really bad on keyboards, ask my Dad.
    Video Marketing Success eBook -- co-written by webmarm

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Sorry guys, but nothing will ever match the size of the cockroaches in Teter Quad at Indiana University.

They were HUGE. Had an attitude, too. One of 'em had a tattoo. You wanna talk about fear factor, try sharing a restroom with one of those babies, lol.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I thought cochineal was obtained from beetles. Amazing the things you can learn killing time in the cafe at ABW.

BTW, a Palmetto Bug is just a cockroach with a PR firm.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Sorry Carolyn, you should go outsourced and work at home.

This thread have be the creepy crawlies. I hate bug - ALL bugs! Spiders are the worst IMO, but then again I have never had to deal with cockroaches. YIKES!

Internet Cowboy
    Come to central Florida and you can ride the cockroaches.
    Palmetto Bug = cockroach with PR...LOL
    Scott

ABW Ambassador
    I'm amazed the combination of corporate red tape and time taken up by meetings results in position #729.1b.

I would figure it to be in the mid two hundreds for sure!
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

I once visited a friend in Orlando, and went into the bathroom to see the hand towel on the vanity MOVE!

You can imagine what was under it, and how big it was...

Those things can move pretty fast when they want to.

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>try sharing a restroom with one of those babies <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sharing a restroom? I remember having to wrestle a cockroach in Indiana to use the toilet.

I used to tour in the summer with a drum and bugle corps. When we were in L.A. one year we were thinking of training the cockroaches to play an instrument, and use them to fill out our hornline.

Affiliate Manager
    Ichhhh...I'm going to stick with my ants. LOL! The dustbuster and raid never showed up, but the ants and I have reached a pact.

Drewbert was totally right, not only are they a free custodial force, but when I got in this morning, they tidied all my papers and prioritized my stack of reading materials!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vampyre:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>try sharing a restroom with one of those babies <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sharing a restroom? I remember having to wrestle a cockroach in Indiana to use the toilet.

I used to tour in the summer with a drum and bugle corps. When we were in L.A. one year we were thinking of training the cockroaches to play an instrument, and use them to fill out our hornline. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> After I married a lady from Ireland, I was suprised they didn't have mosquities there, and when she got a bite,it was like a bee sting to us, there once was a merchant called skeeter eater, I ordered the soap,it had the same scent as candles, but worked,In south jersey in the pine barrens they got skeeters big enough to fly to europe,but roaches, they seem to exist everywhere,I heard they are full of protein, I would rather starve, it's a choice which is worse,the bugs,or the chemicals the extermintors use.In the service, one biulding we were in was loaded with red fleas, and the fumes dropped a lot of guys,carpenter ants are our biggest problem here.
    JJ

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread