When a Merchant Changes Affiliate Programs
    I had a fairly productive merchant switch from the Converseon Affiliate Network to Google Affiliate Network last August. Even though they use the same creative and landing pages, my sales rates dropped to just 1 per year!

Since everything seems to be the same, I suspect something is different behind the scenes. Has anyone experienced a similar situation, either for the better or worse?
    Last edited by Billradio; July 29th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    It's possible.

What is your before and after conversion rates? 1 per year from how many clicks. What were you doing on the other network.

Good Question. The old data has been deleted but I estimate conversion rates at well over 1% in the last 6 months of the old program. With GAM it's only .20%. Also, I just discovered a couple of other sales I forgot about during Christmas. Still, it's an 80% decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    What is your before and after conversion rates? 1 per year from how many clicks. What were you doing on the other network.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Have you tested your links? Sounds like you have not done any test purchases. Have you brought this up with the merchant's affiliate manager or anyone else associated with the merchant? Eleven months is a long time to let this go without inquiring as to whether or not there are problems preventing sales and/or tracking.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Yes, I have tested all links. However, I was unable to find assistance in making a test purchase. I never got help from the Merchant through either network. The only response was from GAN when I complained that some links contained erroneous data, which they never corrected, so I stopped using those links.

The fact that I got a couple of purchases tells me things are "working". I am currently using about 12 different links, both Text and Image, including some BYO, deep links and some they emailed me.

I'm trying to tap on the experience of others' as to what happened in similar situations.
    Last edited by Billradio; July 29th, 2010 at 10:45 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I can understand if you do not want to name the merchant, but if you do, you may receive some vital information form other affiliates of this merchant - maybe even their affiliate manager, OPM, or the merchant itself.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Cricket Wireless.

My first thought was, I shouldn't mention the Merchant. Upon further review, I guess there isn't much to lose.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread